Twister puck poll

I bought the standard twister puck, I think. It was an early model.

I honestly didn't have issues before I installed it and didn't notice any issues AFTER I installed it. I just wanted a 922 part. Having said that, I suppose my gas block might be a tad easier to clean than with a stock puck, though I always have a harder time getting the twister puck to clear the threads on the GB to remove or install it. Often times I have to use a cleaning rod or something through the gas tube to tap it out.

I noticed there is more of an indentation where it contacts the piston than the OEM puck ever had. Not like a huge gouge (yet anyway), but it's there.

that indentation is mushrooming, check page 2 of this thread, eventually you will have to beat it out of your GB and then it wont go back in. Also you'll notice on page 2 my twister puck has rusted, i was told on Oct. 15 i believe that i would recieve a free twister set, I have still to this date, not received anything from Etac and that includes a PM response or email response. the guy just said that in the thread to make himself look good and has since refused to respond to me. SCrew ETAC, and there crappy knock off of the KIngs Armory puck, if you want a puck that actually cleans and improves function go with a King armory puck. Not sure if they still are but there were swapping twisters for there pucks free of charge awhile back, just to prove their puck works better!! and it does!!

ETA, ive been waiting since mid oct to write a review comparing the twister standard to the KA puck, when Etac said they were gonna send a whole set as a replacement i decided to wait so i could test all variations of the twister, well im still waiting on that. So I suppose i'll post my non scientific findings since there obviously not sending me squat and ive run out of money for testing ammo. to put it simply the KIngs Armory puck performed much better than the twister, ejecting the shells just a tad further plus keeping the GB just as clean. also there are no channels to have to scrape residue out of like the twister. I fired about 500 rounds. 250 with each puck and while this isnt a torture test it was deff. enough to show me that the twister puck lacks in performance due to bleeding gas through the channels. It seems to cycle better once is gunked up, but it becomes a pain to get out! befor openig my ports, the twister would FTE every couple rounds with the factory spring, not so with the KA puck. after opening my ports both pistons seems to work with slight advantage to the KA puck for giving better ejection. I tested vairous low brass rounds and pretty much got the same resulst. If you need an aftermarket plug stick with Kingarmory

They sent me a full set that was supposed to have a slightly larger OD standard puck. The replacement standard puck they sent me wouldn't cycle either so it sits on top of my safe with the others. PM me your address and I'll mail the 3 piece kit to you to review.

I already reviewed them and the factory puck outperformed the twister standard (both my original and the replacement), and the KA slightly outperformed the factory puck. My test was done with my factory gassed 4 hole gun with the mid barrel brake and a light recoil spring. With the GF plug on 3, the KA puck, and surefire mags and factory mags the gun runs federal bulk shot 100%. The extra spring tension of the MD drum makes it unreliable. I even dropped the drum spring tension, and it worked one day but not the last time I shot it.

After figuring out the part combination that had the best cycling ability I removed the GF plug and put the autoplug in and couldn't get it to run reliably. I tightened the spring down to the point that the valve was blocking over half of the first ports and it was still stove-piping randomly.

Since my gun was right on the verge of working with low brass I figured it was a good test bed for puck & plug performance. The bolt was already polished & profiled before I ported the barrel.

My results for best gas performance in a low gassed gun with federal bulk shot that don't require any drilling:

Surefire or factory mags

KA puck

GF plug on setting 3

lighter recoil spring (obviously)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To clarify things, Big J had no problem with his Twister Pucs according to his PM to me. He did not want a replacement he simply wanted to trade them for a more expensive part the Talon Brake but was

WOW, i just seen this thread, and i am PISSED!!!! Jammer you sir are a flat out liar!!! you are full of shit!!!! I will post every single PM ive sent you and then we'll see who said what and when. Whe

pm letter as is!

Posted Images

I bought the standard twister puck, I think. It was an early model.

I honestly didn't have issues before I installed it and didn't notice any issues AFTER I installed it. I just wanted a 922 part. Having said that, I suppose my gas block might be a tad easier to clean than with a stock puck, though I always have a harder time getting the twister puck to clear the threads on the GB to remove or install it. Often times I have to use a cleaning rod or something through the gas tube to tap it out.

I noticed there is more of an indentation where it contacts the piston than the OEM puck ever had. Not like a huge gouge (yet anyway), but it's there.

that indentation is mushrooming, check page 2 of this thread, eventually you will have to beat it out of your GB and then it wont go back in. Also you'll notice on page 2 my twister puck has rusted, i was told on Oct. 15 i believe that i would recieve a free twister set, I have still to this date, not received anything from Etac and that includes a PM response or email response. the guy just said that in the thread to make himself look good and has since refused to respond to me. SCrew ETAC, and there crappy knock off of the KIngs Armory puck, if you want a puck that actually cleans and improves function go with a King armory puck. Not sure if they still are but there were swapping twisters for there pucks free of charge awhile back, just to prove their puck works better!! and it does!!

ETA, ive been waiting since mid oct to write a review comparing the twister standard to the KA puck, when Etac said they were gonna send a whole set as a replacement i decided to wait so i could test all variations of the twister, well im still waiting on that. So I suppose i'll post my non scientific findings since there obviously not sending me squat and ive run out of money for testing ammo. to put it simply the KIngs Armory puck performed much better than the twister, ejecting the shells just a tad further plus keeping the GB just as clean. also there are no channels to have to scrape residue out of like the twister. I fired about 500 rounds. 250 with each puck and while this isnt a torture test it was deff. enough to show me that the twister puck lacks in performance due to bleeding gas through the channels. It seems to cycle better once is gunked up, but it becomes a pain to get out! befor openig my ports, the twister would FTE every couple rounds with the factory spring, not so with the KA puck. after opening my ports both pistons seems to work with slight advantage to the KA puck for giving better ejection. I tested vairous low brass rounds and pretty much got the same resulst. If you need an aftermarket plug stick with Kingarmory

To clarify things,

Big J had no problem with his Twister Pucs according to his PM to me. He did not want a replacement he simply wanted to trade them for a more expensive part the Talon Brake but was not willing to pay the difference. When we offered replacements that’s when his complaining started.

That being said, we have yet to see any of the problems alleged on this thread. No one has returned a defective one. True we have replaced a few but they were not factory errors. We have yet to see the mysterious mushroom puck.

Further we proactively asked our dealers who are noted for excellent customer service, including Brownells, Mississipi Auto Arms and Carolina Shooters if any of their customers had a complaint about the Twister Puc. There answer was zero.

Seems like there are always a few guys on this forum who want to make an issue of something.

However, the Twister Puc is tried and true.

We have a no baloney replacement policy. We would like it if the posters had an equal no baloney posting policy.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I know I'm new to the forum, but this sounds like each individual will have to test this item on a case by case basis, akin to the old see-what-your-gun-likes-to-eat saw. For myself, I plan on getting the standard twister puc for serious encounters and keeping the OEM puc for practice. Just something to consider....

WOW, i just seen this thread, and i am PISSED!!!! Jammer you sir are a flat out liar!!! you are full of shit!!!! I will post every single PM ive sent you and then we'll see who said what and when. When you said you were gonna send me a replacement set b/c your piece of shit twister puc was rusted all to hell from normal use i said "great" I was told i would get it in a few days and that was the last fucking msg i got from you!!! after a week i did ask for a talon brake b/c i said i didnt want a whole set of twister pucks id never use. I NEVER RECIEVED A RESPONSE FROM YOU OR YOUR COMPANY. I SENT SEVERAL PMS AND 2 OR 3 EMAILS TO GOGUN!! I dont give a damn if your a sponsor and your $ money buys you welcome here, your a fucking lying piece of shit!!!! I would have gladly paid the diffrence I WAS NEVER GIVEN THAT OPTION B/C YOU WOULDNT RESPOND TO ME!! AND I STILL HAVENT EVEN RECIEVED A REPLACEMENT FOR MY RUSTED TWISTER PUCK!! WTF?? DONT EVER SAY NO GOGUN PART HAS FAILED ANYMORE YOU PIECE OF SHIT B/C THERES ALL KIND OF PROOF ON HERE THEY DO, EVEN IF HALF OF THE PROOF HAS BEEN DELETED!!

I dont give a shit what anybody thinks of this post or even if it gets me banned, FUCK YOU JAMMER your a fucking liar and i think i will post the pm's just for everyone else to see your a lying piece of shit!! I was complaining b/c the piece of shit twister was rusted and you offered to send me a set of all three. I was happy with that, until they didnt come when you said they would. when they didnt, i said "hey, since you obviously havent shipped it yet how bout a talon brake instead" of course i never got an answer and i waited weeks between msgs. I was very patient and was never rude or out of line in how i addressed you, but fuck that now. I now know why so many of the veterans around here dislike you and your company and i'll tell everybody who asks dont do business with them b/c there customer service is sorry as hell, and so is the lying sombitch that represents there company on here by the name of JAMMER!!

FOR ANYONE WHO DOESNT KNOW, THE TWISTER PUCK WILL NOT IMPROVE CYCLING, IN FACT IT CAN MAKE IT WORSE B/C IT BLEEDS GAS THROUGH THE CUTS IN THE SIDE. THERE HAVE BEEN NUMEROUS DOCUMENTED CASES OF THEM MUSHROOMING AND GETTING STUCK IN THE GAS BLOCK. IF YOU WANT A GOOD PISTON THAT WILL NOT RUST OR MUSHROOM AND ACTUALLY MAY IMPROVE CYCLING BUY A KING ARMORY PUCK. THE PUCK THE SORRY BASTARDS AT GOGUN STOLE THEIR DESIGN FROM TO BEGIN WITH ANYWAY. IVE TESTED THEM SIDE BY SIDE AND THE KA PUCK DOES CYCLE BETTER THAN THE STANDARD TWISTER.

EWOKEETER

dont waste your time, the twister puck is useless. i bought mine when i first got my saiga and didnt know anybetter. it looked cool and i bought it. the only money ive ever wasted on my saiga. some guys use twisters and like them but ask anybody whos been around here for awhile and theyll tell you its useless and stick to the oem or oem copy. I suggest the KA puck but I havent compared it to the oem only the twister. I should note i have no allegiance to King armory, I just think their puck works better. and they obviously run there business by a descent set of values unlike gogun.

Jammer, i dare you to come in here and call me a fucking liar and i'll post all of the THREE pms i sent you over the past THREE months with your zero responses! they're alittle embarrassing just b/c i was begging for a talon brake instead of a twister set but i also said repeatedly "i'll be happy with just the twister set if thats all you can do"

NOW YOU TELL ME IM LYING AND I'LL PUT THE WHOLE FUCKN CONVERSATION HERE FOR EVERYONE TO SEE WHO THE LYING PIECE OF SHIT IS!! I FUCKING GAVE UP ON GETTING ANYTHING FROM YOUR SORRY ASS A LONG TIME AGO AND LEFT YOU ALONE BUT YOU FUCKED UP COMING HERE SAYING I DID SHIT I DIDNT AND CALLING ME A FUCKING LIAR, WHERE IM FROM THOSE ARE FIGHTIN WORDS!. IT DIDNT HAPPEN ANYTHING LIKE YOU DESCRIBE MAYBE YOU GOT ME MIXED UP WITH ONE OF YOUR OTHER MANY PISSED OFF CUSTOMERS. PIECES OF SHIT LIKE YOU SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO OPERATE ON THIS FORUM I DONT GIVE A FUCK HOW MUCH YOU PAY!!! FUCK YOU JAMMER/GOGUN/ETAC YOUR A LYING SON OF A BITCH. LETS SEE HOW LONG IT TAKES FOR THE ADMINS TO DELETE THIS!!!

OH and your fucking lying about not ever seeing or hearing of the mushrooming pucks, how do you explain eriktaylors posts then you lying piece of shit??? it must be those magical little hammers that were used on the other mushroomed pucks that were posted here and then all removed from this very thread overnight after you were called out on the sack of shit you are for stealing someone elses design and cutting slits in it not even knowing what the fuck it would do. your a fucking dumbass and i think its clear to most people here by now.

and one last thing im still waiting on my fucking twister set, if you are any kind of man and run any kind of descent business you would send me at least a replacement for my rusted puck, regardless of what i called you i was a customer who was sold a defective product. lets see how you handle it.

Edited by big-J
  • Like 3

I just recently purchased a TROMIX Saiga-12 and ordered the "low brass reliability kit" from Carolina Shooter Supply. I took the OEM tappet out and replaced it with the Twister tappet, lighter spring, and V-Plug. I then lightly polished the bolt and cleaned up the internals.

After sighting in my FastFire II and figuring out the gas plug positions needed to cycle all the different types of ammo I stumbled across this thread.

I shot only between 50 and 75 rounds doing this.

After reading this thread I figured I should probably inspect my tappet to see what all the fuss was about. I mean it's impossible for it to deform. It looked very nice and was a solid piece of SS.

I unscrewed my V-plug and then inspected my ports. I have 4. I checked them and cleaned them.. Then took a wire brush and cleaned the debris and walls of the gas tube that had accumulated in the area in front of the Twister tappet.

I then took a aluminum arrow that has no point or nock to use it to tap the tappet. Tried a few taps with my hand with the SAIGA on the table and no luck . So I got a small hammer and rapped on the arrow with the muzzle now on the carpet still nothing Now a few good hits and STILL NOTHING! No luck.

The Twister tappet was stuck with only 50-75 rounds fired.

All I could think was I have screwed up my brand new TROMIX :unsure:

Time for a bigger hammer and a stronger drift. Found a larger wood dowel .. Got some steel wool and scrubbed the gas tube again... I also got out my 12g shotgun brush on a cut cleaning rod which I use on my cordless drill for cleaning my silencer tube which leads up.... I got the gas tube completely clean and STILL the tappet woudl not come out..

I had to drive it as far forward as it would go... then drive it back in, then drive it back forward .. Each time gettign it a little farther forward. CAN CLEANING THE TAPPET BE THIS HARD ALL THE TIME??? I was really glad I read this thread and caught it before it got even worse... It finally popped out... This took me quite a while. I do not like using force on my firearms. I suppose if I had given it some real healthy SMACKS with the heavy dowel and my bigger hammer it may have come out a little sooner. But still this was very surprising.

Inspection showed the tappet was compleatly filled with debris. Lead mostly. The tappet showed wear marks in 3 places. 1 a ring at the very base. 2 another wear ring at the leading edge of the bottom by the groove and lastly wear marks at the leading edges of the cutouts. This wear ring was wider than the 2 at the bottom of the tappet.

The inside of the gas tube was not healthy looking. I took the shot gun brush on the cordless drill and buffed the score marks using the brush and some steel wool. I did not enlarge the tube but just cleaned up/buffed the scuff/score marks on the ID of the tube.

The factory tappet fell in while the Twister was still to tight for me to drop in. I did not want to get it stuck again so I did not press it back in. The Twister did not look mushroomed at all. It also measured as round. I do not understand why it was this stuck. I do not recall it being this hard to put in originally

After dropping in the OEM tappet and closing it up the tappet will click back and forth in the gas tube. Obviously the Twister would not because it is so tight.

I sent it in to King Armory for the exchange. It will be interesting to see if I still need the same settings I use on the V-Plug to eject HP ammo and if there is increased ejection of Federal 100 pack low brass. On "+" it was JUST enough to eject. I needed setting #3 to eject Slugs which I found VERY surprising using the lower powered recoil spring when using the Twister tappet.

Being a noob at Saigas I don't know what normal is.. All I can do is report my findings. Maybe the OEM will be easier to take in and out because it has a sloppier fit. Maybe the groves are not helping by causing more area for the accumulation of debris. Not only do you have the single ring you have the cutouts to fill and cause additional drag. Much more surface area for lead/plastic/powder fouling to drag on the ID of the gas tube.

I will know more when I put in the KA tappet. If it ejects the low brass with more authority and needs less gas to eject slugs I will know. Hopefully the KA tappet will not get stuck so routine cleaning will be easier.

I did not find the claim of being able to go 100s of rounds before needing cleaning to be true as only 50-75 rounds caused this amount of trouble.

If it mushroomed it did so w/o looking like it since the base was not wider than the leading edge of the groove. No way did the base increase in dia in 2 places and not in the middle of the bottom "band" as well. All I can figure is the tappet is just to large from the get go. I can not explain the wear pattern skuff marks on the inside of the tube.. Maybe the points on the Twister are causing them. The tappet would have to cant to do that.. With it this tight in the tube you would think that is impossible.

My concern was that the combination of a low power spring and a better gas plug would over gas the gun. Since I needed #3 to cycle and eject full power buck and slugs that was unfounded. #1 was like a gas shut off. #2 would almost eject high brass, #3 would reliably eject all my high brass ammo. The highest gas setting of "+" (#5) would JUST work with the Federal low brass ammo. I felt it could use a little more umph. With the lighter spring I expect it to cycle the Winchester 1 oz loads and the federal with a little more authority.

I bought 100 to see. I am just waiting for the KA tappet to arrive to see how much difference there is between it and the Twister. I am not saying the Twister is "Bad" I am just reporting my findings.. The KA and OEM tappets may be the same... Time will tell.

um if you have a TROMIX saiga-12 you shouldnt need any of that crap to make your gun cycle properly. Thats the whole point of buying TROMIX, they do the best conversions and they open up the gas ports or whatever else it takes to make the gun run 100%. Unless ive missed something and they started doing some half assed conversions but that dont sound like anything they would do. you deff. shouldnt need a reduced recoil spring. you should contact tromix.

also if it mushroomed(unlikely with such low rounds) you wouldnt be able to see it, you need a micrometer and measure the OD in several places. I think you'll be alot happier with the KA puck.

Edited by big-J
  • Like 2

big-J

Thanx for the advice. It's too bad, as I believe he got the idea from the STEN/Stirling subgun bolt (helical ridges to scrape crud away) and, possibly, the FAL. 'Fraid I don't know the effectiveness of those wpn designs(grooves/ridges). I think this will be another area where I'll have to wait for the bugs to be worked out. Fortunately, I don't have a "Vodka Spl", it was just an idea to be able to go longer between cleanings if necessary...:(

if you want something to go longer between cleanings you should try a King armory puck, it has a dished face, with a sharp leading edge, so as it moves back and forth the leading edge will help scape the crud from inside the GB and it builds up in the dished face. it doesnt however get clogged up with crud like the twister. this is why the makers of the KA puck claim etac stole their idea, b/c it has the same dished face but they cut grooves in it thinkin it would twist and cut away the crud, however it doesnt work the way they thought it would, in fact it doesnt actually twist at all. but it does rust and mushroom and get stuck in your gasblock!!:cryss:

• Like 1

AND THE SECOND AND LAST MSG I SENT YOU

<LI class="avatar">954695548_m1-1.jpg<LI class="title">Advanced Member<LI class="group_icon">bullet_black.pngbullet_black.png

• picture.png

• Group:Member

<BR class="clear">Warn StatusWarning level: 0%

Sent 02 November 2010 - 11:57 PM

JAMMER, on 16 October 2010 - 12:27 AM, said:

you should get them next week!

Hi, i still havent received my twister set for the replacement of my rusted twister puck. its been THREE WEEKS since i was told i would get it in a week. now im sure your busy but its obvious it hasnt been sent yet. i dont know why you havent responded to my msgs b/c i know youve been on here.

So since its been 3 weeks and i still have a rusted puck that im not gonna use, i would really appreciate it if you would consider just sending me an AR talon break instead, i will gladly return the twister puck. i would rather have something i can use, i will not use the twister puck set. i will however be VERY HAPPY to put a talon break on my AR. after all you claim not one of your parts has ever failed and mine has indeed failed. i think its a reasonable request, especially considering how long ive been waiting now. honestly ive been unhappy with my whole experience with ETAC's product and there customer service. you have the oppurtunity to make me a happy customer and make it right.

forgive me if im harassing but i think ive waited very patiently and i dont understand why you cant just say "yeah i'll send you one" or "no screw off" or something??

or "talon break is in the mail"

I'll be sure to post in your section that your a great business and came through to make things right(if that makes a diffrence)

ALL THIS PROVES IS THAT YOU ARE INDEED FULL OF SHIT!! all anybody has to do is check the dates. i was told i would recieve a replacement set i said "great" the next you sent a msg saying "you should get them next week" i responded with the msg you posted. you never responded so i sent the above msg a fucking month later!!! the first msg i was suckin up hoping to get the only part i would use from you guys. but i said "i would be happy with a twister set and i understand if you cant or would rather not sent me a talon brake instead" so you posting my PM just proves your the fucking liar b/c i wasnt complaing about only gettn a twister set, i simply asked for a replacement of near equal value. I WAS NEVER COMPLAINING ABOUT ONLY GETTING A TWISTER SET AND NEVER SAID "I DONT WANT THAT I WANT THIS"

YOUR SORRY ASS NEVER RESPONDED, I GUESS I WASNT AN IMPORTANT ENOUGH CUSTOMER SINCE I ONLY SPENT $30 SOMETHING WITH ETAC, SO YOU IGNORED ME. WHERE IN OUR CONVERSATION DID YOU SAY IF YOU PAY THE DIFFRENCE WE'LL BE GLAD TO SEND YOU A TALON BREAK????? oh thats right there was no conversation b/c you wouldnt fucking respond. you have no idea how many people here dispise you and your antics in this thread just show more people what a piece of shit you are. remember asshole what goes around comes around. you will get yours in due time. i have a feeling etac/gogun will gogun out of business and you will loose everything and have your fucking house foreclosed and you find out your wifes sucking another guys cock and you blow your fucking brains out b/c thats truely the future you deserve you lying piece of shit!!!!

BTW WHERE THE FUCK IS MY REPLACEMENT TWISTER SET YOU ASSHOLE??? I STILL HAVE A FUCKING RUSTED TWISTER PUCK AND A PROMISE FROM YOU TO REPLACE IT!!! NOW REGARDLESS OF WHAT I SAID ABOUT YOU AS A FUCKING REPUTABLE BUSINESS YOU AND YOUR "NO BALONEY" EXCHANGE POLICY SHOULD STAND BEHIND YOUR PRODUCT AND REPLACE MY FUCKING ETURD B/C THATS WHAT A DECENT BUSINESS WOULD DO.

YOU EXPLAIN TO ME AND EVERYBODY ELSE ON THESE FORUMS WHY YOU NEVER SENT THE REPLACEMENT SET YOU PROMISED???? B/C I SENT THE MSG YOU POSTED??? SO YOU SAID "FUCK HIM, HE AINT GETTING SHIT" I HARDLY THINK THAT MSG SHOULD HAVE CAUSED ME TO NOT GET THE ORIGINALLY PROMISED REPLACEMENT. NOW ONCE AGAIN TELL ME WHY FOR 2 MONTHS YOU DIDNT SEND ME A REPLACEMENT????? OR EVEN RESPOND TO PMS OR EMAILS????? NOW I KNOW YOUR TOO IMMATURE TO BE A MAN AND REPLACE YOUR FAILED PRODUCT B/C OF MY NAME CALLING BUT WHAT ABOUT ALL THE TIME THAT PASSED BEFOR I SAID "SCREW ETAC"?????? WHATS YOUR EXCUSE FOR THAT???????

I HOPE EVERYONE HERE SEE'S WHAT KIND OF PATHETIC PIECE OF SHIT YOU ARE AND THAT EVERYTHING I SAID HAPPENS TO YOU B/C YOU DESERVE NOTHING LESS, TAKE YOUR REPLACEMENT TWISTER SET AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS B/C I WOULDNT DARE PUT ONE OF THOSE PIECES OF SHIT IN MY GUN EVER!!!!!

I STILL WANT A TALON BRAKE THOUGH, SO HOW BOUT IT???:haha:

Edited by big-J
  • Like 1

hell ive got a rusted one i'll send ya for free if you pay shippin, the rust aint that bad a steel brush will clean it right up!!:lolol:

Why not send it in to KA?

I still can't believe they're doing the swap, thats crazy business.

hell ive got a rusted one i'll send ya for free if you pay shippin, the rust aint that bad a steel brush will clean it right up!!:lolol:

Because King Armory and the owner is such a good business they sent me one on the house when he was in this thread and seen my posts complaining about the twister puck,(way befor mine rusted and was offered replacements by etac, which i still havent got) all his posts evaporated b/c he is a non vendor and had some pretty harsh words for etac, but befor he was banned he sent me one to compare side by side with the twister puck. I was only able to test them with about 250rnds apiece but the KA clearly works better. The guy even offered to pay for all the ammo it would cost to test the 2. I didnt take him up on it but he said mail him the receipt and he'll mail me a MO for WHATEVER i spent!! Now that is standing behind your product!! Its a shame he's not a vendor, everybody should send in there eturds for a KA puck even if they like it just b/c etac/gogun sucks!!

ETA, its not crazy business, from what i gather its not just about money its personal, b/c etac took their dished face design and copied it so i believe he just wants everybody to realize his puck works better even if it costs him money. Might be crazy business wise but maybe not, eventually i think everybody will know "stay away from twister pucks, buy a KA or OEM puck" then his crazy idea will work in his favor.

Edited by big-J

I just received my replacement tappet from KA for the twister I sent in for the exchange KA is offering.. They have my business and I will support them when I can.

I wonder if KA will do some precision measurements of the returns and publish the results on their site? I also wonder how many returns they got, and how many provided detailed 1st hand experience of how the twister performed in their guns.

I installed it and was impressed by the initial quality. It has a very nice finish. I have yet to shoot it. I HAVE put the factory recoil spring back in and will bring the reduced power low brass spring with me to the range when I finally dig out form the blizzard.

It will be interesting to see if my gun will cycle low brass with the stock spring. It will also be interesting to see how hard it will be to remove the KA tappet to clean after 50-75 rounds. If I don't have to beat it out with a hammer then the question is answered.

I still find it hard to believe the Twisters are mushrooming.

The KA measures the same as the OEM but is .1oz lighter. OEM =1.3 oz and the KA = 1.2 oz on my electric post office scale.

Having 3 = contact "bands" with wider than OEM leading band may prevent as much gas from passing by it. The grooves are slightly smaller yielding more total surface area to contact to the walls of the gas tube. In addition the leading edge of the KA tappet is sharp not rounded which I also expect helps seal the gas. All just speculation on my part.

IMG_2644a.jpg

I look forward to testing it.

• 2 weeks later...

Dont know who bumped this post but since they did i'll just add that for some reason, King Armory just sent me another KA puck in the mail the other day!! Its been a couple months since they sent the first one and out of nowhere they sent a second one!! I only have one saiga so if somebody needs one, pay shipping and you can have it.

Needless to say im still waiting on my twister puck set i was promised back in OCTOBER BY JAMMER from ETAC.

You guys think because one of your customers bad mouth you and your product you dont still have a responsibility to back up said product???? Where is my twister set jammer?? I dont even want the damn things i just want you to keep your word and back up your shitty product!!

You talk alot of crap about no etac product ever failing but the fact is the twister puck and ETAC as a WHOLE is a complete FAIL in many ways!!!!!:lolol: I still want a Talon Brake though, whats the diffrence i gotta pay and I'll pay it, since you claim i was offered this befor, how bout now????

My twister puck is very difficult to remove from the GB. I have never been able to remove it without a cleaning rod and it always makes me scared that I am doing damage. I recently went back to my KA puck and it works great and removes easily. I bought the twister puck after I already had a KA only because I thought it looked cool and liked the concept. I will not use my twister puck anymore simply because I feel that it will end up damaging my gun. Just my unbiased opinion. :smoke:

Used my KA Tappet while testing my MD spring clip modified AGP mags. I put the stock SAIGA recoil spring back in and was able to cycle low brass just fine with my V-Plug on "+"

KA Tappet still would shake loose in the gas tube after 30 rounds. I am glad I exchanged the Twister for it.

THANK YOU King Armory!

• 2 months later...

I bought a twister puck shortly after getting my Saiga 12 mostly for compliance parts count. I have never had any problems with it cycling Federal bulk and thought I did a good thing until I was flamed in another thread, so I bought a CSS puck and it works just the same.. I haven't noticed any difference from the OEM puck to the twister puck to the CSS puck...they all work just fine for me. Maybe I am just lucky, I don't know.

Todd

• 1 month later...

Another poll thats been alive too long.

Poll closed.

Results as follows.

Yes, the twister puck kept the gun cycling as it always had (25 votes [33.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.78%

Yes, in fact the gun cycles better with the twister puck (6 votes [8.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.11%

No, the twister puck caused short cycling and random FTE (43 votes [58.11%] - View)

Because King Armory and the owner is such a good business they sent me one on the house when he was in this thread and seen my posts complaining about the twister puck,(way befor mine rusted and was offered replacements by etac, which i still havent got) all his posts evaporated b/c he is a non vendor and had some pretty harsh words for etac, but befor he was banned he sent me one to compare side by side with the twister puck. I was only able to test them with about 250rnds apiece but the KA clearly works better. The guy even offered to pay for all the ammo it would cost to test the 2. I didnt take him up on it but he said mail him the receipt and he'll mail me a MO for WHATEVER i spent!! Now that is standing behind your product!! Its a shame he's not a vendor, everybody should send in there eturds for a KA puck even if they like it just b/c etac/gogun sucks!!

ETA, its not crazy business, from what i gather its not just about money its personal, b/c etac took their dished face design and copied it so i believe he just wants everybody to realize his puck works better even if it costs him money. Might be crazy business wise but maybe not, eventually i think everybody will know "stay away from twister pucks, buy a KA or OEM puck" then his crazy idea will work in his favor.

Geeze this and the rant above... I would quote them both but... You have been around here long enough why the hell did you buy anything from this asshole???