223 jams need info

got a used 223 just tried it out and it jammed 2 out of 5 shots. it misses the chamber hole and the bullet gets pushed back inside of cartridge. is there a bullet guide? or ???????

What magazines are you running? if you could supply a picture of the inside of your receiver and your boltface, it would also help determine your problem. If it's a stock .223 it's probably an issue with the magazine.

i took it back and and the guy traded let me trade it in on a winchester 7mm mag out of his safe.

but the problem was the promag bullet ramp was broke off. soooo thanks for all the responces, and if any one wants a 223 i can put you in touch with FRED, very nice guy and good to his word!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem but I have a bullet guide and am using orlite galil mags. The projectile gets pushed back into the shell when it fails to feed. What could be the issue?

Someone else has had similar mag problems.

http://forum.saiga-1...showtopic=58503

Edited by Geo
  • 2 weeks later...

i took it back and and the guy traded let me trade it in on a winchester 7mm mag out of his safe.

but the problem was the promag bullet ramp was broke off. soooo thanks for all the responces, and if any one wants a 223 i can put you in touch with FRED, very nice guy and good to his word!!

E-mail sent

I think I may have found the problem. The bullet guide ramp is sitting exactly flush with the rounds so they get jammed into the bullet guide. I am not sure what brand it is but I'm going to order a dinzag bullet guide and hopefully that will fix the jamming.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally received my bullet guide and guess what? It now feeds perfect. I can hand cycle them with the bolt out and they sit above the guide now, not perfectly even like with the other guide. I will be shooting it this weekend to make sure all is good to go. So if you want galil orlites, then the Dinzag bullet guide is the way to go.