rifled barrel Saiga .410

I thought he did a .444 Marlin I could be wrong, maybe he did both. I know it can be done tony did it to a S-12and I dont rember what platform he started with Saiga ,410 or ak-47 but i think he did a .458 socom also. I know I asked about havind my .223 krinkov converted to .458 Socom but never got and answer I know he is swamped right now.

Also welcome to the sight delmar500 you may want to try the search feature or look through Tromix (Tony Rumore) business forum to find your anwser and to see some other kick-ass creations he has done.

Edited by SCHULTZE

It was a .444 that he abandoned in favor of .375/444 because the .444 while functioning fine with 4 round mags had feeding issues with ten round mags. It is possible another gun was done in 44/70 but I do not recall having heard about it if that was the case.

A .458 socom krink would make a cool little thumper.

Wasn't there a rifled barrel tube that fitted like the choke tubes for the 12gauge ?

One for the 410 would be fun to try with some slugs .

Yes it's called the Paradox rifled choke. I have one. They work better with sabots though.

Wasn't there a rifled barrel tube that fitted like the choke tubes for the 12gauge ?

One for the 410 would be fun to try with some slugs .

Yes it's called the Paradox rifled choke. I have one. They work better with sabots though.

'work better' - in your experience, how has the Paradox improved your accuracy @ 50yrd (or >)?

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't gotten to use it yet, but here's pics of the paradox choke. It just arrived from Urals (thanks!). It adds about 5" to the barrel, and there's a little rust on the outside, but the inside has the stainless steel rifling that should help out sabots. Pretty darn quick, considering it was from Russia.

post-26089-060084300 1286379453_thumb.jpg

post-26089-082960300 1286379460_thumb.jpg

That is wild, very nice work... Did you take a barrel blank and completely make the barrel for it? Thanks for sharing.....

• 1 month later...

id think the paperwork is more of a pain in the ass than actually putting the rifle barrel in the shotgun receiver, these days.

o well.

tony, you going to do one in select fire or what? the 410 is fucking SWEET in select fire, would love to see what it does in an H&H chambering. hell, even one of the 308s at 14" barrel would be frickin sweet to shoot in select fire, im sure.

tony,

Whats the conversion run for that BEAST now a days? I have been really toying with getting a big slugger like that, and I cant seem to find anyone who wants to commit anyomre. This is a serious inquiry, I could rationalize this as a personal X mas gift......

I don't think Tony does the 444 Marlin anymore, because of the aforementioned feeding problems w/more than 4 or 5 rounds. I assume he'll still do the .375/.444 Marlin though. Too bad the mags can't hold 45/70 cartridges. sigh.

I am really just looking for a big hunk of lead to send down range in mass. I may end up going .450 bushmaster in an AR platform. I know, what am I saying? I would prefer a show stopper like a converted Saiga, but it is coming down to availability, wait times and cost. If I can get an AR platform for much cheaper, its a tough argument. If anyone is currently doing coversions in Saiga, I am VERY interested in costs, lead times etc.