Couple new toys for the 7.62x39 and S12

I had to take advantage of MDArms sale and pick up an MD-20, and I also pulled the trigger on that NCStar Mark III Tactical rubber armored 3-9x42 scope. I did a lot of research, and I have found that people are pretty happy with it, so I found it for $105 + $16 for S/H. That's the best price I could find and it's relatively inexpensive compared to what I could spend on optics.

Looking forward to receiving both packages so that my guns can feel like they're not being neglected. :super:

Will post range reports on the NCStar, and I'm sure some videos of the MD-20 being broken in, too.

I've a "few" MD20's already. I can hardly believe the sale price: $75 is a steal for a product as well made as Mike's drum is.

As for the scope.. I've never seen a NcStar product that was worth a shit. I do hope that your experience differs from mine. :)

Edited by post-apocalyptic

I've a "few" MD20's already. I can hardly believe the sale price: $75 is a steal for a product as well made as Mike's drum is.

And to think, at one time it was pushing close to $300....

Ah, capitalism :lolol:

well, technological advances, new products, etc. change the prices on any given product. Look at things like computers and televisions... products that cost in the mid- to high-thousands reduced to mere hundreds. That's just the way things work. People like me get to benefit from it, as I don't have hundreds of dollars to spend on a 20 round drum, but I AM able to pony up $75. I mean... the 13 round Surefire mags are only $45 now.... why would I want to pay a couple hundred more just to have 7 more shots??

Edited by TR Young

As for the scope.. I've never seen a NcStar product that was worth a shit. I do hope that your experience differs from mine. :)

+1 on the drum and ny ncstar sucks wont hold adjustments worth a POOP!!! SO + 1 on scope too.

I run a $27 6x32 NCStar on my 545x39 and has held 0 great. I run a $38 2-7x32 EER NCStar on my MN 91/30 and has also held great.

I did have a $20 4x32 NCStar on my 762x39.. yup that held great also.. No I have a Bushnell RD on that.

I have also heard/read decent reviews on them.. Barska.. NO.... NcStar is better.. IMHO..

For lower end scopes I go usually with FIXED to avoid headaches also.. less to break. My 0.02

Al