I am boycotting GPal-formerlly GunPal

Wow, does GPal suck!!!!!!!!!!! I signed up with them several months ago. Everything was fine for the first few transactions. Then, they were very slow sending money from my GPal account back to me. However, they seemed to get the problems resolved. Then, I sold a few things and had about $3,700.00 in my GPal account. I processed a withdrawal and it took them weeks to electronically return my money---Yes, weeks. They had every business excuse in the world for the delay, but an internet search revealed that they were having major issues with their bank and other problems. I did get the money.

Next, I decided to try them again. Nine hundred dollars was deposited and a few weeks later when I attempted to transfer back the money, the same delays happened. Ultimately, I had to have them send a paper check to me. They were very nice and it was resolved, so I decided to give them one more chance.

This time, I sold a scope and $306.00 went into the account (notice the amount at risk with them is less and less each time). I processed an electronic transfer of the $306.00 to my checking account on August 26th. I still do not have the money. Their phone customer service is slow at best and they tout their e-mail response time, but they have not responded to my last three e-mails. I really, really wanted them to succeed as an alternative to PayPal, that is why I gave them so many chances. But, enough is enough. I do not know if they are going out of business as I cannot reach them, but I fear my $306.00 is lost. Oh well, at least I got my $3,700 and my $900.00 deposits back from them.

My Saiga brothers and sisters, I caution you about doing business with GPal.

WJ.

Edited by WarriorJudge
  • Like 7

You're right WJ everyone neds to stay clear of G Pal (used to be GunPal before they got a more "politically correct name"). They are having trouble because of problems they have been experiencing with their bank. They have frozen accounts of people I know with a lot of money in there.Or maybe "frozen accounts" is the wrong wording...they just haven't gotten around to paying them money they are owed.

Before you guys get out the pitchforks and torches, it's not all Gpal/Gunpal's fault.

Their banks are screwing them.

This is exactly the same thing that happened with gearpay.com (anybody remember them?). The banks are all about "OH yeah, we will work with you." until they got a lot of customers (and money) and then the banks did the old "Oh, you're facilitating arms trades? OH NOES" and shut down their service.

History repeats itself.

• Like 3

Back in June I had the same issues.

There was a sr. rep there who handled 2 separate issues in 3 days flat.. he is now gone I guess.

I had $31 to be xferd on Aug 27th and then $14.28 on Sept 2nd.. Still NADA..

So I'm waiting on like $45.. :cryss:

Tried calling and was on hold 52 minutes from the timer on the phone..

Tried calling Friday and it picked up, read there speal, then disconnected me.. 4 separate times..

Going to tell them to send me a CHECK..

Albert

Not to make light of it Al but be glad it's only $45 you are waiting on. Some are in for many thousands....

Some suggested reading for anyone waiting on withdrawals from Gpal....

http://www.calguns.n...=201&order=desc

Apparently the correct due process is to register a "support ticket"....

From what I gathered by reading a few pages worth of these complaints on calguns.net, Gpal claims that part of the problem with the big delays is too many people submitting multiple support tickets for one claim.

Some more reading about Gpal the CEO responds

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2040143&page=1

Just curious Nalioth, how exactly is it the banks fault? They are under Federal guidelines and have laws to prevent any wrong doing.... Just curious.... My understanding is that GPal is using a persons money to pay off older accounts....

Thanks for any insight you may have....

Before you guys get out the pitchforks and torches, it's not all Gpal/Gunpal's fault.

This is exactly the same thing that happened with gearpay.com (anybody remember them?). The banks are all about "OH yeah, we will work with you." until they got a lot of customers (and money) and then the banks did the old "Oh, you're facilitating arms trades? OH NOES" and shut down their service.

History repeats itself.

Some more reading about Gpal the CEO responds

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2040143&page=1

Just curious Nalioth, how exactly is it the banks fault? They are under Federal guidelines and have laws to prevent any wrong doing.... Just curious.... My understanding is that GPal is using a persons money to pay off older accounts....

Thanks for any insight you may have....

History repeats itself.

You can look up the old gearpay.com posts. This same thing happened to them, and that situation caused the same flow of posts across the differing gun boards.

All the banks have to do is cite one of the many "small print" entries in their TOS, and they can do most anything "legal" due to the "violation".

• Like 1

I waited a long time to go public on this forum about GPal. Trust me, I have tried several avenues of redress short of contacting the California State Attorney General's Office, the F.B.I. or suing them. It took that much work to get my $3,700.00 back. It may be true, that they are having issues with their servicing bank, but they have changed banks at least once. This problem has been going on since at least April.

At a bare minimum, they should not be accepting new deposit from customers until they can assure them that their funds are safe and are "on demand" for immediate return upon request.

They are not entitled to any benefit of the doubt with me. They used up that benefit, and good will, weeks and weeks ago.

Oh, I have read most of the posts about them on several forums. In fact, several posts on the Calguns forum are mine, posted under a different user name. I did not want it known, at the time, that I was a lawyer, so I did not want to use my Warrior Judge board name. I stand by my warning. They have had too long to fix this, yet they still take money in when they can't assure you that you will get it back.

WJ

Edited by WarriorJudge

For those of you who have not dealt with GPal, the really annoying thing about this issue, besides not getting your money back, is the fact that as soon as you process the transfer request, from your GPal account, to your linked account, the money "disappears." That is, it immediately leaves your GPal account, reducing your balance. Your GPal account then reflects that the transfer has occurred, but then the money does not show up in your linked account. So, your money is, at least temporarily, lost in "cyber space." From the customer's prospective the money does not show up anywhere. This is, needless to say, very frustrating.

WJ

Had the same Bull Shit with them a couple months ago, I don't for one second believe it's their bank, looks like it's their standard business process is to keep money as long as they can.

That's what companies that are underfunded or dishonest do!(I also had to wait weeks and put in many tickets to them).

IMHO...They are just another blood sucker.

History repeats itself.

This is why the vast majority of my transactions are face to face.... WITH CA$H :up:

Banks manipulating payment is the gubmint's back door to stifle business that's still legal, but "frowned upon".

They do the same thing with legal businesses such as online pharmacies & online Dr.s...

Except, in those cases they have Visa & MasterCard refuse to do transactions with the companies. That'll be next if gunpal survives long enough to get a bank that'll work with them well.

This is just a prelude of what's to come...

Government impeding transactions through pressure on banks, card providers ect...

Oh, yeah... Sure... Your transaction's legal.... Good luck paying for it though. ;)

Makes you really want the cashless society that they're slowly imposing on us huh?

Rev-13:16 13:17

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads and that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Edited by Paulyski

In the same boat... problem is I trusted they resolved the issues with my account after being assured numerous times. I am close to being banned on Calguns for calling them out trying to fix issues and get product shipped. As a Business I can not endorse GPal... you have no idea when you'll get paid. Between PayPal and GPal both are hazards as far as I can see.

So, your money is, at least temporarily, lost in "cyber space." From the customer's prospective the money does not show up anywhere. This is, needless to say, very frustrating.

WJ

Which is BS..... and why I had to close out my accounts to remove the chance customers who do charge backs, so I don't get double dipped from my company account.

Is anyone versed in Western Union? Is this a alternative worth looking at for long distance money transfer, or are the charges too high? God knows they've been in business for a long long time but for the life of me I don't know one person who's ever told me they've used it.

Is anyone versed in Western Union? Is this a alternative worth looking at for long distance money transfer, or are the charges too high? God knows they've been in business for a long long time but for the life of me I don't know one person who's ever told me they've used it.

I don't trust Western Union. Almost every scam online uses a western union service of one sort or another (normally their money orders). I prefer Postal Money orders (from a post office). They are almost as good as cash in my opinion.

EDIT: I have never used Western Union myself so perhaps my opinion is unfounded.

I just did my first deal using Gpal. I am awaiting the "two small deposits" to verify the account. I hope it goes better than what I have heard so far. As far as USPS money orders, they are fine, unless it is for a large amount, or it gets lost. They have no way to track it and a replacement takes 60 days. I have only had one lost to date, so it has not been that bad. With the large amounts, a lot of the time the Post office will not have enough cash on hand, especially first thing in the morning. If you go to your bank to cash it, they write your account number on the m.o. as identification to track the funds. My Credit Union actually deposits the funds and then withdraws them, so there is a record of you getting the money. They got you covered no matter how you play it.

A member here wired me money western union for one of the tuned mag deals I had a while back.

It was real quick on my end, I just needed to go to a western union to get it.

There really is no easy solution for selling quantity firearms parts. It only takes one mess up with paypal and your account is locked. Using Gpal I was assuming that the funds would be delivered, so I shipped every order within about a day of receiving funds to my Gpal account.

And I can't be running to western union every day, it is a big enough pain to drive to the bank.

So I'd use Gpal again if they pay me this time, but I will withdraw funds more often.

I don't mind going the old-fashioned way. Postal MO works fine by me, even if it takes a few days to get here. Almost every transaction I've done on this board, buying and selling, has been paid with one. And there's nothing wrong with a personal check, if the buyer doesn't mind waiting a little while to make sure it doesn't bounce.

Electronic payment for use by Joe average person just isn't there yet.

• Like 1