I am boycotting GPal-formerlly GunPal

Is anyone versed in Western Union? Is this a alternative worth looking at for long distance money transfer, or are the charges too high?

Their charges are very high and that is likely why they are not used for transactions much. They will send $50 for $5 if you send from a store, in person. For $80 it goes up to $17 charge online, and then scales by % etc.

They are used in a lot of scams, yes, but the company makes every effort to prevent it. Their website has stuff all over it warning about scams, so do the store locations.

I've always just used discreet Paypal, (no details given), and have Paypal transfer to my bank account whenever the balance goes over ~$250. Of course, for someone who does a truly large amount of online business, this is less of a viable option.

PA be careful using PayPal in such a fashion. I did that about 1 1/2 years ago, I told the buyer to be discrete, to not reference anything about firearms in the correspondence. The fool processed the payment and put a note in the payment that it was for a 5.56 rifle. He did this against my instructions. PayPal froze my account and imposed what they called a "Life Time' ban on me. However, I was much more convincing than I think they were expecting and I got them to lift their "Life Time" ban, but I did have to promise in writing that I would not use there services again for firearms. As my wife and I both use our PayPal account, having it frozen and having the threat of not being able to us it was a pain. I do not like PayPal, but if you want to buy or sell on E-Bay, it is a necessary evil.

WJ

I got a lengthy group e-mail from GPal today. They are clearly concerned that some people are threatening their employees (Well, that sure is surprising, isn't it!). They are also saying they will get people paid and anyone who threatens them with claims of extortion; fraud or other illegal activities may hear from their counsel. I say, good luck with that. They have caused so much grief and inconvenience that while I do not believe that they have actually done anything illegal, people are certainly free to at least accuse them of a breach of the fiduciary duty owed to those who have entrusted GPal with funds. Also, the internet forums are littered with dozens, if not hundreds, of people who have been deprived of their money by GPal. That will not sit well with any judge or jury should GPal really try to make an issue out of allegations or statements based upon facts and valid opinions.

What a mess.

WJ

Oh, I just checked my bank account, I still do not have my $306.00. I processed the electronic request eighteen days ago. So much for electronic transfers being fast.

Edited by WarriorJudge

Okay, it is September 17th. I just checked my bank account and my $306.00 is there (finally). So, after I processed the request for an electronic transfer on August 26th, it took twenty three days for my money to arrive.

I am glad I have it, but it took far too long for them to get my money to me. I cannot, in good faith, put money in that account again, which is a shame. I did want them to succeed.

WJ

Anyone tried sites that use Google checkout yet. I had an account set up for my Android Phone and ordered a PEPR site mount the other day and it was the easiest online shopping I had ever done. Kind of freaked me out because I didn't realize my apps account was connected and my info just popped up.

Anyone tried sites that use Google checkout yet. I had an account set up for my Android Phone and ordered a PEPR site mount the other day and it was the easiest online shopping I had ever done. Kind of freaked me out because I didn't realize my apps account was connected and my info just popped up.

Google Checkout is for vendors - not private citizens.