PGC Done at last!

After much budgeting and some problem solving I am done. If anyone here is wishywashy about whether or not they want to do a conversion. Just do it. This was much easier to do than I thought. I have absolutly no experience with power tools except my dremel, and it was a breeze. I bought all my parts through BlackjackBuffers and K-var. Both were fast and sweet. Enough BSing about it, here are some pics...

post-832-1115841162_thumb.jpgpost-832-1115841180_thumb.jpg

post-832-1115841195_thumb.jpg

After much budgeting and some problem solving I am done.  If anyone here is wishywashy about whether or not they want to do a conversion.  Just do it.  This was much easier to do than I thought. I have absolutly no experience with power tools except my dremel, and it was a breeze. I bought all my parts through BlackjackBuffers and K-var.  Both were fast and sweet. Enough BSing about it, here are some pics...

post-832-1115841162_thumb.jpgpost-832-1115841180_thumb.jpg

post-832-1115841195_thumb.jpg

sweet conversion man!! like the furniture. im about to start on my first conversion in a couple weeks (when all my parts arive) im gonna be using the saw grip on my 762. cant wait to start hacking away

GOOD WORK!!! :super:

Looks good!! :super:

I really like those SAW grips. They make the conversion sooooo much easier too. Did you go ahead and cut the square hole for the regular PG nut to attach the grip?

The reason I ask is that on the 2 S20's I've converted I just enlongated the front end of the old trigger slot and used the hole on the back of the SAW grip to put the bolt thru. The nut is a 1/4" -20 x 7/8" coupling nut cut at an angle across the middle, so you end up with 2 of'em. What you end up with is a nut that looks like a mini "leaning tower of Pizza" when standing on the cut end, so it matches the less severe angle of that rear hole in the SAW grip.

The link below shows a pic of my .308 with SAW grip on it attached using the regular AK PG nut in the square hole, the 20 in the middle has the SAW grip attached the alternate way. This, or similar methods, are probably already documented somewhere on this board, but I can provide some detail pics if my descriptions doesn't make any sense.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?act=At...pe=post&id=3415

The .308 was done by Choke Canyon Arms. The .410 I did myself as well (first conversion!), the PG nut hole and the nut itself were the most time consuming part of that conversion. A lot of grinding on the nut and filing on the square hole to get'em to fit right. :chris: It ended up looking good, not 'perfect', but good.

Anyway, your's looks great! You have there what is sought after by (most) members of this site. A very fine looking EVIL assault rifle, not a 'sporter'. :smoke::devil::super:

Edited by AK-treO8