AK100 stock.... time to make a choice

Which stock should I install on my S12  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which stock?

• Russian 5.5mm triangle folder
    • Arsenal poly folder

I have these stocks, associated trunnions, hardware, and a Saiga 12 front latch kit. I have tested the S12 thoroughly and decided it is time to install one of these stocks on it. I really want to save the Russian 5.5mm folder for a new Arsenal SGL12 SBS after I get it where I want it when it comes to reliability :wub: I'm leaning towards using the Arsenal stock on this S12.

post-22401-027145000 1284423308_thumb.jpg

The poly stock will give it this look.... minus the short barrel, of course. I may do that later.

post-22401-028405600 1284423361_thumb.jpg

Arsenal Poly stock it is! Thank you for the feedback gentlemen.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

How does it hold up on a real weapon?

No problem. I've owned the real Russian, The K-Var US made and the chinese airsoft stocks . The front latch is cut lower on the airsoft piece to clear the airsoft mechanism but it still fits the real AK trunion and its every bit as durable as the real stock as far as I can tell. Havent tried one on a Saiga shotgun but it holds up fine on a .223 AK.

I love the look of the poly. I would like to know how one those from the link above would handle own a s-12.

I am fairly confident that the Arsenal poly stock I have will hold up fine. It would be hard for me to feel comfortable about going through the effort of installing the airsoft version. If it failed it would really be a sad day. I will buy some cheap stuff every now and then, but this isn't one of those things I could live with without trying one first hand. Now if Wired would loan me his weapon and let me give it a whirl.... I might sell the Arsenal stock and install the airsoft one.

Whatdya think Wired? :angel:

I love the look of the poly. I would like to know how one those from the link above would handle own a s-12.

I am fairly confident that the Arsenal poly stock I have will hold up fine. It would be hard for me to feel comfortable about going through the effort of installing the airsoft version. If it failed it would really be a sad day. I will buy some cheap stuff every now and then, but this isn't one of those things I could live with without trying one first hand. Now if Wired would loan me his weapon and let me give it a whirl.... I might sell the Arsenal stock and install the airsoft one.

How is a buttstock going to fail? That little hinge pin doesnt take the recoil. The metal plate molded into the front of the stock does. You would be surprised how beefy that Chinese airsoft stock is. I wouldn't put it up here and risk total mockery if I didnt think it would work just fine.

How is a buttstock going to fail? That little hinge pin doesnt take the recoil. The metal plate molded into the front of the stock does. You would be surprised how beefy that Chinese airsoft stock is. I wouldn't put it up here and risk total mockery if I didnt think it would work just fine.

I think it would probably be fine too. Really, I figure if I need to buttstroke people I should have brought more ammo or a good knife. I was just trying to see if you would drive all the way down here to let me shoot it. I'm joking. It really looks nice and accurate. If I didn't already have these stocks, I might consider it.

I just got a NIB SGL-21 and I'm considering having the Russian folder put on it. I can't believe I didn't get a couple of these SGL-21s sooner. They are gorgeous when it comes to fit and finish.

I would hold off on any changes

there may be full front end conversions coming in for Saiga-12's

if you check Rusmilitary's site he says he will be in contact with a company in the states that will deal with the BATF

Do you mean conversions for an existing Saiga 12 or the possibility of Saiga 12s coming in with the front converted?

Sounds interesting....

I say do both :smoke:

S12-POLYRightNoScope.jpg

S12-TriangleNoScope.jpg

Z

Zen,

I wanted to take a second to say 'Thank You' for getting me to come and take a peek at the forum. It has been a great experience and has lead to the most rewarding weapons I own. Thank you!

The Russian unit would look awesome on a S12, but this SGL-21 sure is tempting....

Can't take credit because we all end up here, but you're welcome anyway :) You've put together some nice stuff too

I think you'll love the SGL21. I'm partial to 5.45 but if I were to get another 7.62 AK it would be an SGL21. I'm still tempted to get one and put laminate with bakelite mags for the 74 look but I'm trying to avoid it, I just have no use for a 7.62 rifle after all these years of 5.45

Oleg is importing these parts, not sure where he's at with them at the moment:

Saiga-12-030 conversion parts kit / OPTION 1: both HGs with gas tube & lower HG harness + gas block* £00-00

Saiga-12-030 conversion parts kit / OPTION 2: front trunion with sight leaf & dust cover with Picatinny rail hinged together* £00-00

Saiga-12-030 conversion parts kit / OPTION 3: barrel** & flash hider* £00-00

Saiga-12-030 COMPLETE CONVERSION KIT / ALL 3 OPTIONS ABOVE*

saiga12_030.jpg

Z

US_Dragunov is also working to have some form of the completed shotgun brought in, at least thats my understanding based on his posts here. Not sure if its a sporter with the front end work done like the SGL10's were back in the day, or if its a full up S12 that has no FCG or PG like the SGL21 and 31's are brought in currently, with the compliance parts added here stateside (like Arsenal does). I hope it's the latter...if so no conversion will be necessary and no holes to weld up.

I've been drooling over this S12 for close to a year now and am really hoping his deal works out soon.

Z

US_Dragunov is also working to have some form of the completed shotgun brought in, at least thats my understanding based on his posts here. Not sure if its a sporter with the front end work done like the SGL10's were back in the day, or if its a full up S12 that has no FCG or PG like the SGL21 and 31's are brought in currently, with the compliance parts added here stateside (like Arsenal does). I hope it's the latter...if so no conversion will be necessary and no holes to weld up.

I've been drooling over this S12 for close to a year now and am really hoping his deal works out soon.

Z

that is my thinking

I would be happy with SGL10 style 12's

it take 10 minutes to do the pistol grip

• Like 1

I'm not sure if I like the short handguards that much. I'm kinda smitten by the modified Saiga rifle handguards. Simple and clean looking. The short handguards seem to make the barrel look longer.... and less evl. The conversion might be nice on a SBS.

Z

that is my thinking

Yeah, "SGL10-style" would be just fine with me. I'd be a little suprised if Arsenal/K-Var weren't working with Legion on a deal like that as we speak (type), considering their SGL41.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Ive been in turmoil like others while watching all these new items "due" to start coming out.

I saw on one site that US_Dragunov (or whatever name used on particular forums) was indeed working on bringing in many of these, and other hard to find items - reportedly was going to setup a website when ready to go.

Cant wait

Harv

Z

that is my thinking

...this is what BigSal wants as well.