That is right. I had it for a week and spent one day at the range. Performed like a champ, but I am not feeling it. Sold it for $325. Today I walked into a local gun shop and they had two Yugo M70AB2T underfolders. I bought one for $530. 027.gif

Edited by spyder1969

That is right. I had it for week and spent one day one the range. Performed like a champ, but I am not feeling it. Sold it for $325. Today I walked into a local gun shop and they had two Yugo M70AB2T underfolders. I bought one for $530. 027.gif

Seems like you could have spent the $205 difference on a tax stamp and some ammo. You'd have ended up with a Kalashnikov that was totally produced in an actual AK factory with milspec parts (as opposed to the mixmaster Yugos that Century peddles).

You can't tell me that you wouldn't "feel it" when running some SBRs like this:

dsc00218ec9.jpg

IMG_7537.JPG

• Like 2

That is right. I had it for week and spent one day one the range. Performed like a champ, but I am not feeling it. Sold it for $325. Today I walked into a local gun shop and they had two Yugo M70AB2T underfolders. I bought one for $530. 027.gif

I doubt if too many people "feel it" when it comes to the Draco, if you are referring to it being a pleasure to shoot. It's a narrow purpose gun. The purpose being to make the other guy feel it.:smoke:

• Like 1

Nalioth and Macbeau, those are some nice folding stock Draco SBRs. I am thinking of building a similar rifle. Did you simply drill the factory rear plate for use with the ACE stock or did you use a weld on plate?

• Like 1

Nalioth and Macbeau, those are some nice folding stock Draco SBRs. I am thinking of building a similar rifle. Did you simply drill the factory rear plate for use with the ACE stock or did you use a weld on plate?

Personally, I'd remove the factory rear block (it's just a virgin UF block), weld up the factory rivet holes and install a standard rear block. At that point, your decision is to stay "canon" and go with a Romanian side folder, install an AK fixed stock (as shown above) or chop the tang and go with an Ace or other aftermarket solution.

The UF block is kinda thin, and I'd not use it for any stock attachments unless I added a steel plate backer for added strength.

A really good thread on this subject (with pix) can be found here: Builiding Registered SBR from an AK "pistol" - THR

• Like 2

I drilled and tapped the plate (trunnion) which is right at 4mm thick on my rifle. I also used 10/24 screws that were long enough to thread through the trunnion and take a nut & washer on the inside of the receiver. The virgin UF trunnion seems plenty strong enough for me, but I have been thinking of adding a cross bar rivet through the forward portion to add strength. The four lonely rivets at the rear don't instill a lot of confidence as anchors, but the trunnion istself is plenty strong... IMHO.

Macbeau sends...

• Like 2

Seems like you could have spent the $205 difference on a tax stamp and some ammo. You'd have ended up with a Kalashnikov that was totally produced in an actual AK factory with milspec parts (as opposed to the mixmaster Yugos that Century peddles).

You can't tell me that you wouldn't "feel it" when running some SBRs like this:

dsc00218ec9.jpg

IMG_7537.JPG

Nalioth gets the Uber Awesomeness award for the month of September for that all black beauty. The woody needs a bakelite grip for runner up. :killer:

Edit: Damn I gotta get an ultimak for only cosmetics. SWEET :super:

Edited by avatar