Mags for Saiga .223

What mags fit or can be made to fit the S223?

This is a question I am sure many wonder including those who are new to the Saiga.

I see a lot of pictures in the picture thread showing mags that don't look like aftermarket S223 mags like Surefire or Promag. What mags are those? I don't see any adapter on those so what are those mags that seem to have a direct fit?

I've heard about Galil and Weiger mags fitting, can someone talk a little more on that and what mods are necessary to make them work? Also any source where one can get those mags?

I myself have the factory 10rnd mags, a few Promags and the MSA adapter for AR mags but I'm interested in knowing what other mag sources are there and what is involved to use those "other" mags.

I am not a promag fan, but I had excellent luck with the Promag Saiga Specific 223 mags. The built in bullet guides on them suck and are fragile, but I trimmed them off, installed a DInzag Bullet guide, and they functioned 100% Mine fit snug, and I even did my own drop test, which the 223 promag passed (probably because there is half the weight of the rounds in the 223 as the 7.62. I plan on picking up a Saiga again this fall, and it will probably be a .223, as I still have 1,000 rounds of 223 left. I will start with a bullet guide and cheap promags, then get some Galil Orlites when I can. I tried the Galil steel with a bullet guide, and they were about 60% reliable (6 out of 10 mags fed, 4 out of 10 didn't).

Edited by imarangemaster