Which works best single or double hook?

The single hook is design for stamped receivers like the Saiga, the double hook is designed for milled receivers.

Typically if you use a double hook on the Saiga you have to cut a second small notch in the trigger openning for the additional hook to go through. BlackJack Buffers sells a "Universal" double hook trigger that they claim fit AK's normally designed for single triggers.

BlackJack Buffers - FCG's

I used the double hook trigger on my Saiga conversion. I know that it really doesen't make a difference, but I like the symetry and extra catch hook. also, there was a tab between the two hooks that caught the reciever just right for adjusting the pull and taking out the slop. That little tab of steel also keeps the trigger from slapping back and hitting your finger if you bend it out at just the right angle against the reciever bottom.

I was also sure to Dremmel® polish the hammer and trigger hooks where they meet to make the pull light, smooth and even.

Just a suggestion, hope it helps.

The double hook trigger is a AK-47 trigger. Kalashnikov designed the AK-47 trigger with two hooks so in case one hook broke the rifle would still fire. In 1959 when the Russians updated the AK-47 to the AKM(Automatic Kalashnikov Modernized) they noted that a hook never broke on the trigger of AK-47 rifles so to make the trigger easier to mfg. they went to one hook triggers. Every model of AK rifle made since the AKM was adopted in 1959 has a single hook trigger.