Arsenal Marks On A Saiga 12......price jack.!!!!!&

I walked in and their they were.

One S12 with a ARSEnal Import mark with the EAA on the opposite all stippled out. $629.00..............(stippling looked shitty) it has the new hand guard and the standard stock.

One S12 with the EAA Import mark...$589.00........it looked the same as any S12.

Dealer behind the counter tried to tell me that the gas block was thicker on the one from Arsenal than the one from EAA................what a bunch of shit talk.

I pointed out that the stippling on the Arsenal S12 was where the other Import mark used to be. I had both on the counter in front of us.

THERE WAS NOT ONE PHYSICAL DIFFERENCE AT ALL. Only the U.S manufactured hand guard was added from K-VAR. That was it.

Just because it had Arsenal on its ass it was supposedly superior or something with magic fairy dust. Hence the extra money wanted for it.

Side note: I have two of these K-Var S12's ordered (one received, another on the way) by a friend / FFL. I only got them because of the sale price K-Var has on them..............I could care less about the ARSEnal roll mark on the its left ass cheek. I just wanted an S12 of my own. Brand names don't mean much to me. Hell, I did not even know who Arsenal was until my FFL mentioned it to me!!

Pulling the action to the rear it was as rough as a cob on BOTH of these S12's.

It is still just an Izzy................nothing more.

Frosty

Edited by Frosty

I don't want anybody getting any wrong ideas.

I have seen the ARSEnal weapons that they manufacture. Its nice. Better finish, smoother actions and so forth.

These S12's are not redone at all. No smooth internals. No new or better finish. Nothing. All they did was slap their name on it.

So, if you are expecting a hell of a big difference you are going to be seriously pissed. I really hope this does not jack up the price simply because it has their name on it as an importer.

Now, if and only if, they rework some of these S12's and make all the fluff and buff ( LIPSTICK ON A PIG ) treatment then they could get more. But just cause their name is on it with nothing at all.......................Not worth it.

Frosty

Don't get me wrong, I'm no Arsenal fanboy, but the reason the Arsenal S-12 costs more is because the upgraded handguard and retainer are worth an extra $55. So a $40 price hike is fair. Sorry.

Classy K,

You are right there. The hand guard is nice and well made. So yes I can see that now.

Thanks guys. I am just getting into the S12 world and I would hate to see the FanBoy ( good one Classy K !!!) crap ruin it for many others. Driving the prices slowly higher to the point it is not obtainable for many who could have had an S12.

Frosty

Edited by Frosty

Arsenal & K-var are teamed up....

Aresnal imports the same S-12s as RAA.

K-var sells them.

But MD Arms, K-var & CSS are all selling them for less than $470.00.....

Paulyski is right.

They are cheaper through the mentioned sellers.

Mine are from K-VAR also.

I just went in to pick up some buckshot......Rio premier 9 pellet 00 and saw the two S12's on the wall.

I just wanted to point out how a local dealer is thinking it was something special due to the ARSEnal mark. Doesn't affect me as I got mine cheaper anyway:lolol:. The stippling to mark out RAA looks horrible though. You have to see it in person to believe it.

Frosty

Don't get me wrong, I'm no Arsenal fanboy, but the reason the Arsenal S-12 costs more is because the upgraded handguard and retainer are worth an extra $55. So a $40 price hike is fair. Sorry.

+1 Classy! I know Arsenal/K-var are extremely over priced and they rarely have anything in stock, but I ordered one of the new Handguards for my S-12 conversion and i LOVE IT! the ventilation is really nice and its a really nice compliment to the look of the S-12

• Like 1