Cheek Rest for Tromix Stocks now available

We have a new adjustable cheek rest available for your Tromix stock.

It is a padded steel cheek rest that secures tight to a machined billet stock insert.

Easily installs in minutes with no modifications to your stock.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-641/Tromix-Cheek-Rest-Saiga/Detail

post-9063-098884400 1284817950_thumb.jpg

It is a padded steel cheek rest that secures tight to a machined billet stock insert.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-641/Tromix-Cheek-Rest-Saiga/Detail

Think that'll fit on an ACE stock?

Think that'll fit on an ACE stock?

It will not. It is only for the Tromix stock.

Damn. Just what I've been waiting for. Ordering right now. Thanks.

Update: Well as usual I come away spending ten times the money I thought I would. The 5% discount from CSS helped, though. I decided to update all of my AK and AR grips to Hogue. I'm not sure if I can adapt one to my Tromix with the way grips attach to those. Anybody have any experience with that? Nevermind, I'll start a new thread so I don't hijack.

Edited by DogMan
  • 2 weeks later...

Received the cheek rest last week and am satisfied with the fit and adjustability. However, after one day shooting skeet (about 225 rounds) the "padded" area is marred and damaged. This didn't look so robust to begin with, but apparently even a small amount of impact with either the earpiece of my shooting glasses or the edge of the hearing protector tore this up. This aspect of the part is not as robust as I would have expected for the price.

• Like 1

Received the cheek rest last week and am satisfied with the fit and adjustability. However, after one day shooting skeet (about 225 rounds) the "padded" area is marred and damaged. This didn't look so robust to begin with, but apparently even a small amount of impact with either the earpiece of my shooting glasses or the edge of the hearing protector tore this up. This aspect of the part is not as robust as I would have expected for the price.

Yep, that thin foam strip is a weakness in an otherwise pretty good product. I'm going to be adding my own padding with a leather cover and I should end up with a nice looking and durable unit.

Yep, that thin foam strip is a weakness in an otherwise pretty good product. I'm going to be adding my own padding with a leather cover and I should end up with a nice looking and durable unit.

It is the same pad that was used on the original Tromix cheek rest. I have tried many types of pads and they do the same exact thing when contacted with sharp corners of glasses. The only option is to not use a pad like all the other cheek rests available.

• 10 months later...

In case anyone is interested, this is how mine turned out. I used black neoprene which had just the right thickness and cushion. It's durable and soft as a baby's behind. Glued an oversized piece onto the metal base and then trimmed it with a razorblade.

cheekrest.jpg