Saiga Power

Just enough to be DANGEROUS

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 05:08 PM

What a waste of time.....are most gun shows like this:

$325.00 MD Arms 20 round drum :eek:

Tromix S17 $2350.00 with dust cover and parts of receiver worn down to the metal (had shark brake, reg folder stock, and HK sites. I asked the vendor how many ports it had at least 5 times and he kept telling me that is had two settings (talking about the gas plug). The guy running the table (never left his chair) just about had a heartattack because his cronnie was going to get a tool and remove the gas plug(per my request) screaming that if it got scratched he would be out his $2350.00, but yet never got his ass out of the chair to even try and answer any questions. He seemed to know even less than I do :lolol:

Not going to waste my time at shows anytime soon!

#2 SCHULTZE

SCHULTZE

BlindDog Tactical

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 05:32 PM

Try Greensburg PA it is a really nice show it is at the westmoreland mall it takes me around 3-4 hours to look through everything it was last week dont know when the next one is. Also the Washington co. PA is a ok show some good deals some hard to find stuff and alot of the run of the mill stuff it is next week 25th and 26th I will be there.

#3 sputnik360

sputnik360

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 05:58 PM

Gun shows around me usually have some good and bad. I've seen stock S12s for 700 and 12rd surefires for 60. But then I've seen Saiga rifle for low 300s and upper 2s. I picked up an S223 for 325 NIB w/ dimpled receiver and am very content with my purchase. There are a lot of deals and a lot of scams.
  • YWHIC likes this

#4 scoutjoe

scoutjoe

The village idiot

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:51 PM

S-17 at Bear Paw? If so you won't want it because I've drooled on it, kinda like that VW commercial where the guy licks the door handle "claiming" the car.
"Additionally, I refuse to date a girl if she doesn't know how to proficiently load, unload, and operate any of my weapons"~AegisDei

"Tony has a credibility in the gun industry that bullshit cannot tarnish"~BobAsh

From the Skippy List
87. If the thought of something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it.

Gun owner in PA? You need to check this out http://www.pafoa.org/

#5 Saiga Power

Saiga Power

Just enough to be DANGEROUS

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:10 PM

S-17 at Bear Paw? If so you won't want it because I've drooled on it, kinda like that VW commercial where the guy licks the door handle "claiming" the car.

That would be the one....I'm happy with my Tromix, but I have friends interested in one. The guy didnt attempt to answer any questions and if I'm about to fork over 2 grand and you cant tell me how many ports\what size\etc and wont show me.....I'd be a fool to spend the money.....

Attached Files

#6 Bridis

Bridis

Saiga 12 Lover

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:48 PM

Gun shows are for people that don't/can't use the internet or want to save the cost of shipping on ammo. Otherwise, everthing is overpriced.

Edited by Bridis, 19 September 2010 - 07:49 PM.

#7 Russian Hammer

Russian Hammer

Professional Idiot

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:06 PM

Try Greensburg PA it is a really nice show it is at the westmoreland mall it takes me around 3-4 hours to look through everything it was last week dont know when the next one is. Also the Washington co. PA is a ok show some good deals some hard to find stuff and alot of the run of the mill stuff it is next week 25th and 26th I will be there.

that's the one i go to, hell of a lot of NFA stuff there and some good deals on milsurps, it seemed to be the polar opposite of all the gun show horror stories i hear
If money smell bad Russian Hammer be stinkin

#8 YOT

YOT

Pissed off New Yorker

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,712 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:28 PM

NY gun shows suck. We never get any of the cool stuff. Not much for hicap anything available here.

"It isn't always being fast or even accurate that counts, it's being willing. I found out early that most men regardless of cause or need aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger and I won't." - The Shootist (John Wayne)

"You have enemies?  Good!  That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life" - Winston Churchill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users