Does relacing the welded thread protector on a Draco AK pistol with a foreign-made muzzle attachment like a Krink-

style create any legal problems?

TIA

Another case of "where do you live?" and "why isn't your state listed in your location?". Asking legal questions w/o providing this info can create long and scattershot threads, as folks attempt to answer with their own state's laws.

Unless you're in a ban state, no. Pistols are not subject to 922r.

Sorry, I'm in Virginia.

Does relacing the welded thread protector on a Draco AK pistol with a foreign-made muzzle attachment like a Krink-

style create any legal problems?

TIA

Another case of "where do you live?" and "why isn't your state listed in your location?". Asking legal questions w/o providing this info can create long and scattershot threads, as folks attempt to answer with their own state's laws.

Unless you're in a ban state, no. Pistols are not subject to 922r.

• 2 months later...

Ok, so this has gotten me to thinking. My next project was to get a Bulg.74 kit and build a pistol. But I am behind enemy lines.... Kommiefornia. Is this just skirting the line a little too closely? Should I just skip it? If it's ok, does CA make AK pistols require 922r?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so this has gotten me to thinking. My next project was to get a Bulg.74 kit and build a pistol. But I am behind enemy lines.... Kommiefornia. Is this just skirting the line a little too closely? Should I just skip it? If it's ok, does CA make AK pistols require 922r?

Thanks

922® is a federal import law and has nothing to do with CA state law. The only thing the CA DOJ will care about is that your pistol has a mag lock. I have built 10+ AK pistols as a builder for a 07 FFL in California, and the only thing we had to do was single shot the guns for transfer and DROS. You can put any muzzle device you like on your AK pistol. With a mag lock installed your pistol can never be an AW per state law. Remove the lock, instant felony, unless you have rendered that gun inoperable.