So I'm most interested in the Taurus 24/7 and am thinking of getting one in 9mm. Anyone have a personal review? Also, DAO=Double Action Only? Since it has the manual safety, why would they design it DAO? I want a short trigger pull, and last time I checked DAO meant a long, heavy pull every time.

Just to be sure I am not confusing my acronyms, can I get a run down of DAO, DA, SAO, SA, and DA/SA for both revolvers and semis? Thanks.

Have you tried "Glocktalk®" The guys over there break down all the DA/SA/SAO stuff and give tons of pros and cons for each. There are alot of Taurus and Ruger owners on that site that have loads of info.

My wife and I bought the Taurus p92 full frame after first trying the 24/7® and the Millenium®. We are both much happier with the P92. It came in aluminum and stainless. Neither of us cared too much for the 24/7 or Millenium. To be perfectly honest, the Millenium reminded me of a slightly better version of the Highpoint handguns.

Our Taurus has never ever jammed (failed to feed, failed to eject, etc.) And it was rather inexpensive. The quality is very, very good. And the warranty is.... well..... you cant beat it. Its guaranteed for life nomatter who owns it, or what you do to it. You can use the low cap 10 round mags, the 15 rounders, the 16 rounders, and Cabela's even sells the long assed 30 round staggered mag for it.

If the fit, finish and overall quality (along with the warranty) are comparable for the Millenium or 24/7 I would advise you to go for it. But the wife and I didnt much like either one of them.

post-1374-1116100752_thumb.jpg

post-1374-1116100768_thumb.jpg

All the letters refer to what the trigger does when you pull it.

SA=single action=trigger releases the hammer/striker which has to be cocked with your thumb or by pulling the slide back and releasing it to chamber a cartridge. Unless the hammer/striker is cocked pulling the trigger does nothing.

DA=double action= when you pull the trigger it cocks and releases the hammer firing the gun. You can also cock the hammer by hand and then pull the trigger this is only used to discribe revolvers.

DA/SA= pull the trigger it cocks and releases the hammer firing the gun or you can cock the hammer by hand and pull the trigger firing the gun. When you pull the slide back to chamber a cartridge the hammer stays cocked. The hammer is uncocked by pushing the decocker lever for carrying the pistol. So the first shot is DA and the hammer remains cocked after every time the slide cycles. So the next trigger pull is SA as is all the rest of your shots unless you decock the hamer.

DAO=double action only= You can't cock the hammer by hand. Every time you pull the trigger is cocks the hammer/striker and fires the gun. Unlike the DA/SA the hammer does not remain cocked for the second shot but returns to the uncocked postition.

SA,DA,and DA/SA the trigger can be cocked so you can get a shorter lighter trigger pull. DAO will have a longer heavier trigger pull.

Edited by J A

I have a PT-111 Millenium Pro and I might have gotten the lemon of the group.. I fired 2 mags out of it and the last round hold open wouldnt work, and the front sight fell off somewhere. So now Taurus has it for repair.

Its a DA with 13 round cap, compact and thats what I am using for carry. Long kind of awkward stiff trigger pull. Taurus says that will soften up over use.

post-1933-1116368086_thumb.jpg

Edited by -RotorDemon-