I am looking for one unconverted, open to all countries, wood, fixed stock, and 16 inch barrel.

Not too many have unconverted saigas on here, and even fewer w/unconverted wood, and even fewer willing to part with their unconverted woods.

Have a look

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=13290

Edited by AZG

First off, you'll need to find a transferable AK-47 for sale. There aren't any "real" AK-47s in the US (at least none that are transferable), but there are many selective fire Chinese models available. The prices I've seen lately have started about $6,000.

After you find an AK-47 for sale, you'll need to submit for and wait for an approved tax stamp. This'll cost $200 and can take a few months.

I am not looking for a "real" AK47. Don't really know all to much about them I just started looking. I have seen a few AK47 around where I live for sale. So I am thinking of making that the next gun to add to the collection.

Stop and do some research on what you're interested in getting, there are a huge number of types of AK-style rifle. Google AK-47 and start looking at pictures, to get a feel for the style you are interested in. Then go from there.

You say "AK47", I think "selective fire Soviet designed assault rifle".

If you want something else, call it by it's name.

This s**t is where the anti's get their ammunition.

Not to mention it's a slap in the face for all of us, due to all the laws restricting our second amendment rights.

• Like 2

Your best buy is going to be a Saiga.

WASRs are made of used parts. The Saiga is made of all new parts in the original Kalashnikov factory.

Chinese guns are vastly overpriced for what they are, due to their rarity (even rare junk can get pricey). The Saiga'll run you 4 bills (or less, if you look around) NIB (this is about the same as you'd pay for a WASR with it's used parts).

• Like 2

You say "AK47", I think "selective fire Soviet designed assault rifle".

If you want something else, call it by it's name.

This s**t is where the anti's get their ammunition.

Not to mention it's a slap in the face for all of us, due to all the laws restricting our second amendment rights.

Oh for crying out loud, I guess this is the obligatory "pounce on the newbie" post from Nailoth. Ease up a little bit .man. Let the guy get both feet in the door before you bust both his kneecaps, OK? You went on to give him the good info he was looking for, how about just starting out like that, hmmm?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The last post was nine days ago, so this might be a dead issue, but Gunbroker.com is really not a bad way to go. I've bought three guns from there including my saiga. No one here can mail you a firearm anyway, although some guys might be able to mail one to someone who sells guns for a living. Find a gun store in your area who will do a transfer for you and buy a Saiga 7.62x39 from a Saiga-12 forum guy or from someone gunbroker.com. Better yet, look and see if a shop has the Saiga you want.

I am going to convert mine, but I haven't yet. It's still fun to shoot. Just know that if you put a 30 round magazine in your rifle you're breaking the law. You have to convert them. There's a lot of information here, and a lot of really awesome people. As far as gun snobs eating your lunch every time you make a mistake, well, you're just going to have to get used to that unfortunately. I remember I posted a question on yahoo answers wondering if there was a way to convert a mossberg 500 to cowboy action, wherein you hold down the trigger and work the pump to make it fire, it's not like I dreamed up the concept I've seen it on other shotguns, and some jackass told me that if I was that stupid I shouldn't own a firearm. I bet my IQ is higher than his though.

I looked on Gunbroker but most of the ones I found on there were more expensive then Carolina Shooters Supply. I can get one from my local gun store where I got my Saiga 12 but they have to special order it and they don't know how long it would take to get one.

wow. I had no idea. I thought FFL to FFL transfers were required for the gun to go through the mail. Cool to know. Guess it makes sense though, that would make it interstate commerce if it crosses state lines.

Straight from the ATF site....

Q: May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U.S. Postal Service?

A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another State. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. The Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.

[18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(3), 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A)]

Q: May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier?

A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a) (3), 922(a)(5) and 922(e), 27 CFR 478.31 and 478.30]