Chaos Rails for 7.62x39?

I've been looking at the Chaos Tri and Quad rails for awhile now and I've love to get one to replace my SGM Tri-rail, which is nice but kind of ugly and doesn't work well with most of my foregrips and other attachments. However, one thing that irks me is that all of the Chaos rails seem to be for the Saiga-12 and only the Saiga-12. Why no love for the classic 7.62x39, or even the 5.45x39? I'm kind of surprised that this isn't brought up more often.

Are there any plans for a Chaos rail system designed specifically for 7.62x39 and other rifle cartridges?

Edited by Dirge
  • Like 3
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cameron,   I plan to reintroduce the Tromix Rifle lineup that was discontinued a couple of years ago and I need some sort of cool-ass hand guard for it. CSS built the correct heigth HK front sight

I've been looking at the Chaos Tri and Quad rails for awhile now and I've love to get one to replace my SGM Tri-rail, which is nice but kind of ugly and doesn't work well with most of my foregrips and

UTG Saiga rifle quads don't count as 922r compliant parts. We sell more Saiga rifle UTG quads than UTG S12 Quads. If you build it, they will sell.....  

Posted Images

Sorry for late reply, didn't see this post. We have a saiga 7.62 X 39 right out of the box and we have been looking at the platform, just not sure of the numbers in sales, so we have wait and see.

• Like 1

PLEASE build a rifle version!!!

That is why I have been holding off on getting the Chaos rail for the Saiga 12 - I want both my Saiga's (7.62x39 and 12 gauge) to have the exact same rail - I don't think I am alone in this desire.

cheers

tire iron

Edited by tire iron
  • Like 1

Chaos, I think you can have a potential for bigger sales figures then Saiga shotguns. Especially if you utilize the extended rail version, so that people can use their weaver base optics on their favorite Saiga rifle.

all you need to do is borrow the concept from MI quad rail, the way that they mount the HG to the barrel, and the rest is piece of cake.

On a side note, is there any way that you could offer either a saiga 12 or rifle version without the side rails, they add some bulk that I would love to shed off my shotgun at this time.

Thanks for great service,

Andrey

• Like 1

Cameron,

I plan to reintroduce the Tromix Rifle lineup that was discontinued a couple of years ago and I need some sort of cool-ass hand guard for it. CSS built the correct heigth HK front sight towers, so that problem is gone, but I really need a hand guard to round-out the package. If you build it, I will make it a standard item that is part of every model rifle we build.

Tony Rumore

Tromix

• Like 3

Cameron,

I plan to reintroduce the Tromix Rifle lineup that was discontinued a couple of years ago and I need some sort of cool-ass hand guard for it. CSS built the correct heigth HK front sight towers, so that problem is gone, but I really need a hand guard to round-out the package. If you build it, I will make it a standard item that is part of every model rifle we build.

Tony Rumore

Tromix

Thats incentive right there.

• Like 1

Cameron,

Tony Rumore

Tromix

Thats food for thought, I'll give this some serious thinking.

• Like 1

Cameron,

I am hoping that while you are thinking of this - you will think about just making the aluminum handguards and sell the rails seperate - so we can decide where to add rail and where to leave the rail off. Just have some threaded holes so we can attach rails where we need but don't have the weight of rails we don't need.

AND I am hoping that your handguard goes out to the gas block. There are other railed options that are the same size as the issue AK handguards but there is a gap in the market for good quality handguards that go out to the gas block - as UlitMak is the only game in town there. However if you offered a handguard that went out to the gas block, and made them to have bolt on sections of rails - you would own that market segment.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

cheers

tire iron

• Like 1

UTG Saiga rifle quads don't count as 922r compliant parts. We sell more Saiga rifle UTG quads than UTG S12 Quads. If you build it, they will sell.....

Sorry for late reply, didn't see this post. We have a saiga 7.62 X 39 right out of the box and we have been looking at the platform, just not sure of the numbers in sales, so we have wait and see.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well here some pics of what the new Chaos AK47 rails look like, these fit the Romanian AK47, Saiga 7.62, Chinese AK47 and most other popular AK's, enjoy!

leftside.jpg

rightside.jpg

Notice the mounting hardware has the sling made into it :super:

closeupsling.jpg

rail2.jpg

twoguns.jpg

How about a full length top rail so you could add different sites setups with or without scopes or red dots.(like on ARs the top rail) Like a cross between the all mighty Titan and the Ultimak gas tube rail. Would it work and be strong enough. If it hook around the gas tube then went back pined into the rear site base and mounted like the Titan at the rear.I have tried to get something done on a few Ideas here in Vermont but all the shops run at gun work for some reason.

I know alot of guys just want a top rail for rifles??

Edited by vermontmadman

Cameron, sweet rail!

Are those sides removable? If so way to go!

By the way I second what Vermontmadman said, how about an extended upper that you can pin though the rear sight block. (Remove the rear sight and use the hole to pin a rail) That will add a secondary securement point and give a sweet extended rail over an AK. All you need is about 3"-4" past the RSB

I was hoping the bottom rail would extend out to the front end of the gas block. There are LOTS of rail options that are regular hand-guard length.

cheers

tire iron

I understand, but none that just bolt right on to the Saiga, and no where close to this Quality at this price. We wanted to start off with a pretty standard size that could cover most the AK's, I have plans on developing a rear rail to match the front, but I have to wait and see if that is a good direction go in.

How much more would it take to extend the top rail out to the front of the gas block, then your chaos front site could be used, maybe you could do a standard size top rail like in your pictures then offer a longer top rail that goes forward to the gas block, then when you make your rear rail you would have another set up that could use your chaos sites. I know alot of guys want top tactical rails for rifles. I would order 2 to 5 right off for my guns alone

• 2 weeks later...

I love your products and I can't wait for this one to come out. When do you think these will be available and roughly how much? :)

$99.00 Romanian AK 47 rail, $115.00 Saiga 7.62 We are currently running production, I think around 8 to 9 weeks out.

• 2 weeks later...