.223 SBR Suppressor choices

There are a lot of suppressor manufacturers that don't recommend use with a barrel less than 10" because of the erosion that it would cause on the blast baffle.

Does anyone know of any suppressors that can withstand the .223 muzzle blast out of a 7" barrel? Some kind of quick attach would be preferred.

Thanks in advance.

RJ

Edited by rjrivero

There are a lot of suppressor manufacturers that don't recommend use with a barrel less than 10" because of the erosion that it would cause on the blast baffle.

Does anyone know of any suppressors that can withstand the .223 muzzle blast out of a 7" barrel? Some kind of quick attach would be preferred.

Thanks in advance.

RJ

Stay tuned as I expand my line of suppressors....

I intend to have a replaceable 1st stage baffle/expansion chamber that doesn't cost as much as a replacement suppressor. I can make the less expensive metals and sell the replacement units as needed.

How long am I looking at, Tom? I'd be really interested in one that I can take a part and clean myself too (hint, hint).

Maybe incorporate a muzzle device as part of the blast chamber?

Stay tuned , the next couple of weeks will unveil more suppressors.

22s, 9mm, 45, 50 BMG....all are in the works currently. I've got this damn 07 liscense, might as well use it....

How long am I looking at, Tom? I'd be really interested in one that I can take a part and clean myself too (hint, hint).

Maybe incorporate a muzzle device as part of the blast chamber?

Stay tuned , the next couple of weeks will unveil more suppressors.

22s, 9mm, 45, 50 BMG....all are in the works currently. I've got this damn 07 liscense, might as well use it....

Drool bib is firmly fastenened!! :cryss:

Thanks in advance.

RJ

I have a friend who has the AAC M4 2000 for his AR-15 shorty. It has an 11.5" barrel and the attachment is designed into the flash suppressor so you never have to remove the flash. I wish AAC would make this attachement and suppressor for the Colt 9mm SMG, because I would like this set up for my Colt 9mm.:super:

Edited by macaholic

Thanks in advance.

RJ

I have a friend who has the AAC M4 2000 for his AR-15 shorty. It has an 11.5" barrel and the attachment is designed into the flash suppressor so you never have to remove the flash. I wish AAC would make this attachement and suppressor for the Colt 9mm SMG, because I would like this set up for my Colt 9mm.:super:

A couple of us have kicked that precise idea around, I like the AR 9mm SMG with a shorty barrel. I just can't get around the AAC patent on that type of mount ....yet...

Thanks in advance.

RJ

A couple of us have kicked that precise idea around, I like the AR 9mm SMG with a shorty barrel. I just can't get around the AAC patent on that type of mount ....yet...

He. He..... I like the way you think.

Tom,

From my understanding on replacement parts; We would need to ship the suppressor back to you, have the blast baffel replaced, and then shipped back. Is my understanding correct?

Respectfully,

MCASSgt New River

Tom,

From my understanding on replacement parts; We would need to ship the suppressor back to you, have the blast baffel replaced, and then shipped back. Is my understanding correct?

Respectfully,

MCASSgt New River

That's a good question. My understanding is that it will depend on how the blast baffle is designed. You can change "mounting" devices for instance putting on a Nielson Device vs. Threaded mount, so if the blast baffle is serviceable, then it may be end user serviceable......I'll be interested in what Tom has to say.

A few changes here and there should take care of the patent headache. What I would be concerned with on such a short barrel is unburned powder build up in the can, leading to ignition. I don't remember just right now what it's called, some secondary crap. But Tactical Innovations sales their can that is completely user cleanable, so the blast baffel, I don't think is a problem, I think it's just the shell with the #'s that's the problem. Correct me if I'm wrong.

A few changes here and there should take care of the patent headache. What I would be concerned with on such a short barrel is unburned powder build up in the can, leading to ignition. I don't remember just right now what it's called, some secondary crap. But Tactical Innovations sales their can that is completely user cleanable, so the blast baffel, I don't think is a problem, I think it's just the shell with the #'s that's the problem. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Tactical Innovations is a name I haven't heard. Thanks for the tip.

Edited by rjrivero

Do a google search for "Tactical Innovations TAC16" to see what termite is speaking of. IMHO, I would get a sealed can. You have the Tridant coming...dont scrimp and get a budget AR15 can. Also, not many companies will warranty a suppressor on a barrel length of less then 10" either.

As far as the serialized tube and the baffels are concerned. A manufacture WILL NOT send you a replacement baffel due to the fact that if you have more baffels then needed for the tube you posses then your in violation.

Feel free to contact the BATFE for clarification (304) 616-4500

IMHO, I would step up to a 10-11.5" upper. That HUGE fireball may look cool but your wasting a lot of powder that could be better spent propelling the bullet down range.

No to mention, ballistics will be better plus your options for a suppressor open up significantly!

IMHO, I would step up to a 10-11.5" upper. That HUGE fireball may look cool but your wasting a lot of powder that could be better spent propelling the bullet down range.

No to mention, ballistics will be better plus your options for a suppressor open up significantly!

It's definitely in the works. I have another "project" that is sucking resources right now. But it's coming. The question is, which can is useable in the MEANTIME......

To change this into a 10" would require a new Piston System from Adams Arms. I'm not opposed to that, it's just going to take a little while longer to get the funds strait.

The 7.5" upper came directly from a pistol project I did a while back. I still have the pistol lower, so I just swap the upper back and I have a my AR Pistol back. As much as I like the SBR, the Pistol configuration has some distinct advantages. I can carry a loaded pistol in my car, but not a loaded Rifle. ;)

Tom,

Respectfully,

MCASSgt New River

That's a good question. My understanding is that it will depend on how the blast baffle is designed. You can change "mounting" devices for instance putting on a Nielson Device vs. Threaded mount, so if the blast baffle is serviceable, then it may be end user serviceable......I'll be interested in what Tom has to say.

ATF has a lot of peopl;e chasing their tails in circles right now on this and simliar questions......

.....The safest answer is going to be, Send back your old and I'll send out the replacement part...

My modular can has them all screwed up at the moment

The question being, "What if someone makes extra end caps?"........".Well Hell, if they have a lathe and want to make illegal parts/cans, why do you think they would buy one of mine in the first place?"

That conversation ended with.."We'll get back to you"............

The question being, "What if someone makes extra end caps?"........".Well Hell, if they have a lathe and want to make illegal parts/cans, why do you think they would buy one of mine in the first place?"

Stop making sense, Tom. You're really gonna confuse the .gov

Stop making sense, Tom. You're really gonna confuse the .gov

I think they are really up to something as far as setting up us 07 guys.............:ph34r:

My FIRST AR is an older bushmaster that came with a 14.5" barrel with a pinned flash hider on it 1:9 twist. (I was ignorant. ;))When I wanted to change stuff over, I found it easier to go with a new barrel. I got a LMT 16" with a 1:7 Twist. That rifle started my Black Rifle Disease. As it turns out I have everything I need to make a 11.5" upper. I won't have a tacti-cool handguard, but I can live without that until funds are available for a Daniel's Defense Omega. What I WILL have is a functional 11.5" upper (that is threaded and can take an Ops. Inc model 16) Turns out a 10" upper wouldn't give me enough room for the can since it shrouds the last 1.5" or so of the barrel. 11.5" is about as short as I can go with a carbine length gas system and an Ops Inc can. Total NET cost, $65 for having Adco Firearms cut down and thread an M4 Bushmaster Barrel. Oh, and I needed a gas tube too.