Ok Guys, this is more humorous than tragic (for people anyway). Have you ever shot your Saiga? Before you answer, look at the question the other way. My friend did! He's a really smart guy (most of the time) but he has health issues. When these issues arise, he does some really stupid crap. The good thing is as soon as he starts talking, you can tell if his chemistry is off or if he's "normal".

Getting back to the subject, a few weeks ago, he brought an AR to the house to shoot. I asked about his Saiga and he sort of hung his head and said he didn't have it anymore. I asked if he'd sold it or traded it, he replied no. I then asked again, more directly,"where's your Saiga"? It's in the safe at home, he replied. I asked again, Why didn't you bring your Saiga since we are shooting .223's? He said that he'd shot it last night. This statement alone is not good, as he lives in the city. Where'd you shoot it? In the safe, he replied. This answer is not too good either. Why did you shoot it in the safe? Because that's where it was, is also not a good answer. Now for the fun part, Why did you shoot it? Did it sleep with your girlfriend? No, the AR just went off and shot the Saiga in the magwell. It had a surefire mag in it, loaded. He never keeps a round in the chamber of a rifle, but does keep a loaded mag in them. I think he thought he was checking for a round, to be safe, and forgot to remove the mag before doing this, then removed the mag and aimed in the safe to release the pressure on the trigger spring. His ears were still ringing, and I finally stopped laughing. He's going to bring it to me to see if I can fix it today.

• Like 3

I really don't know what to say, except - NO we don't need pics. And I'm glad I don't live next door, and thank you rbuck for looking after him. There comes a piont in everyones life when ...Evryones life when.....everyone...put it down. it's not really funny shit asshats. Your time will come. it won't be pretty, but they will take away your keys and tell you no more BS and you will sit in a fucking room with strangers and your kids won't come visit and you will fucking waste away wondering what happenned. It ain't funny. If you have to determine when some one is safe by the look on their face, it's already gone.

I bet his ears are still ringing. I had a friend do an AD with an AK about six months ago in a bedroom and my ears still ring. It happens even to the best so I wouldn't judge your buddy too harsh just because he is a little on the goofy side. The buddy that had the AD has handled guns for decades and is LEO.

You total fucktard, you start the thread off by saying "Be Careful" What the hell is that suppossed to mean? You give a drooler a gun, and I"M SUPPOSSED to be carweful? Do I crawl around on mmy knees because he might accidently shoot me? Fuck you. You should tell him to be care full (full of care) and blindfold all of us and have us shoot at him. Sounds badass coming from the other direction doesn't it idiot? But it's the exact same shit. Think about it. and take away the droolers guns. Do us all a favor.

Ahh, at least he hasn't got to the point where he loses his guns.

People do some off shit when they cycle.

It would have been funnier if he did it intentionally, but I vote pics.

Does he have an added magwell, or did he shoot it in the receiver's magwell?

Also, a negligent discharge doesn't automatically mean mental illness, we have a thread full of them down a few pages on this forum. :oops:

• Like 1

Hopefully he will just wing some one and you will both be put in jail before someone gets killed. I used to mow my neihbors yard, and they guy could still get a drivers liscense. Once he got past his driveway, he had no idea where he was going. He would drive for days until someone finally showed him the way home. In a town of 3400 people. The rodeo is over for that drooler, put him to rest. Why did you even start this thread, just to piss people off?

• Like 1

Have faith bro.

If it's your time, if a negligent discharge doesn't get you, you'll drive into a tree while trying to dodge a deer. If you don't try to dodge the dear, it'll come through your windshield & kill you.

Don't worry about death. Just have faith & have fun. Worrying takes too much energy.

Edited by Paulyski
  • Like 4

You total fucktard, you start the thread off by saying "Be Careful" What the hell is that suppossed to mean? You give a drooler a gun, and I"M SUPPOSSED to be carweful? Do I crawl around on mmy knees because he might accidently shoot me? Fuck you. You should tell him to be care full (full of care) and blindfold all of us and have us shoot at him. Sounds badass coming from the other direction doesn't it idiot? But it's the exact same shit. Think about it. and take away the droolers guns. Do us all a favor.

I actually started this thread just to tick you off, and to find out what a classy genius you really were. Thanks for the education.

Have faith bro.

If it's your time, if a negligent discharge doesn't get you, you'll drive into a tree while trying to dodge a deer. If you don't try to dodge the dear, it'll come through your windshield & kill you.

Don't worry about death. Just have faith & have fun. Worrying takes too much energy.

Exactly right!

Edited for pics. He took the mag(or what was left of it) with him. But I took these:

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

Edited by renegadebuck

If your buddy will let it go for $100 plus ship, I'd love to have that gun. Not mocking your buddy at all, it would be nice to have a graphic example to show folks when they roll their eyes after I clear a weapon they've just handed me. "But it's unloaded..."

If your buddy will let it go for $100 plus ship, I'd love to have that gun. Not mocking your buddy at all, it would be nice to have a graphic example to show folks when they roll their eyes after I clear a weapon they've just handed me. "But it's unloaded..."

It actually still shoots. I just tried it and it functions perfectly. I just have to fill in, straighten, and weld up the magwell, so I really doubt he sells it, but I will ask.

Edited to add. He's really a super guy, just has a health problem until he gets his transplant. No offense or mocking taken. Any of us could have an organ fail at any time. I just happen to have known this guy most of my life. His mind isn't going, unlike some, if his enzymes and whatever get off because of the organ failing and the medication hasn't done it's job yet, he gets a bit spacey and dizzy. He can realize the dizzy, but not the spaceiness. That can slip up on him.

Edited by renegadebuck

Renegade. It may be in the best interest to your friend and to the safety of others nearby to have his firearms locked up out of reach until he regains his health before he can have access to them. ADs do and can happen to everybody and rarely cause damage or hurt anyone but only takes 1 bullet to end a life.

Had my first negligent discharge in February. I no longer wear gloves while shooting due to what happened. Had an issue with a promag feeding and went to unlock the mag. Somehow snagged the trigger with my glove and luckily I keep my muzzle pointed safely down range. It was freezing that day and we had a lot of snow on the ground and up by the shed we shoot under it was muddy as hell. I let a 3" magnum slug fly into the mud about 5 feet in front of me and got covered in mud. I was alone and no one saw me do this but I felt like a fucking ASS! The splash was quite impressive.

It actually still shoots. I just tried it and it functions perfectly. I just have to fill in, straighten, and weld up the magwell, so I really doubt he sells it, but I will ask.

Edited to add. He's really a super guy, just has a health problem until he gets his transplant. No offense or mocking taken. Any of us could have an organ fail at any time. I just happen to have known this guy most of my life. His mind isn't going, unlike some, if his enzymes and whatever get off because of the organ failing and the medication hasn't done it's job yet, he gets a bit spacey and dizzy. He can realize the dizzy, but not the spaceiness. That can slip up on him.

So your friend has cirrhosis of the liver? His Ammonia level rises sometimes and he gets hepatic encephalopathy? He just has to increase his lactulose dose when he starts to feel a little goofy, if he can tell. Or his family or someone close should be doing that for him.

Depending on what caused his cirrhosis, he may or may not be eligible for a liver transplant. Regardless, he needs to be EXTRA careful when working with machinery, including driving. Hepatic encephalopathy can cause all kinds of goofy.

So your friend has cirrhosis of the liver? His Ammonia level rises sometimes and he gets hepatic encephalopathy?

When he said "organ" that or renal failure were my first guesses.

Yeah, but renal failure doesn't cause mental status changes, typically.

So your friend has cirrhosis of the liver? His Ammonia level rises sometimes and he gets hepatic encephalopathy?

When he said "organ" that or renal failure were my first guesses.

Yeah, but renal failure doesn't cause mental status changes, typically.

I've had Pt.s where it did.

However, you are correct, liver failure, for whatever reason, be it hepatitis, alcohol consumption, acetaminophen overuse, bad shrooms, malnutrition, med reaction, hemochromatosis ect... is more common. But I've had to do 1:1s in med-surge for disorganization & delirium brought on by renal failure.

I hate med-surge... I'm not a fan of scrubs.

However, you are correct, liver failure, for whatever reason, be it hepatitis, alcohol consumption, acetaminophen overuse, bad shrooms, malnutrition, med reaction, hemochromatosis ect... is more common. But I've had to do 1:1s in med-surge for disorganization & delirium brought on by renal failure.

You forgot PBC.

You forgot PBC.

That's the beauty of "ect..." :)

ETA; meaning etcetera, not Electro Convulsive Therapy. :lolol:

Right after I typed that, I saw the door I left open. ^_^

Edited by Paulyski

So your friend has cirrhosis of the liver? His Ammonia level rises sometimes and he gets hepatic encephalopathy? He just has to increase his lactulose dose when he starts to feel a little goofy, if he can tell. Or his family or someone close should be doing that for him.

Depending on what caused his cirrhosis, he may or may not be eligible for a liver transplant. Regardless, he needs to be EXTRA careful when working with machinery, including driving. Hepatic encephalopathy can cause all kinds of goofy.

He has the same desease Walter Peyton had. I can never remember the name. He is on the list. He traded his truck for a car he didn't like when he got his wits back once. I still laugh over that one.

He has the same desease Walter Peyton had. I can never remember the name. He is on the list. He traded his truck for a car he didn't like when he got his wits back once. I still laugh over that one.

Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis.

I just found out recently that my livers all fucked up (fatty) and probably will require a transplant eventually. :ded::angel:

Goddamn Military maintenance MOS'es and it's heavy (unprotected) carbon tetrachloride degreaser use. :angry2:

Of course all the Soju and Jack Black that went down my throat in those days probably didn't help matters much either. :P

Ah, for the cost of $1.40 rubber dish washing gloves and a few sober functioning brain cells. Still can't stand to use latex gloves when cleaning guns and stuff with mixtures that contain heavy concentrations of acetone and the like in them. :eek:

Edited by Gaddis

I just found out recently that my livers all fucked up (fatty) and probably will require a transplant eventually. :ded::angel:

Goddamn Military maintenance MOS'es and it's heavy (unprotected) carbon tetrachloride degreaser use. :angry2:

Of course all the Soju and Jack Black that went down my throat in those days probably didn't help matters much either. :P

Ah, for the cost of $1.40 rubber dish washing gloves and a few sober functioning brain cells. Still can't stand to use latex gloves when cleaning guns and stuff with mixtures that contain heavy concentrations of acetone and the like in them. :eek:

Hang in there brother - as long as there is not too much scarring your liver can regenerate itself. I had hypoglycemia in the '80s. Found out it was from exposure to chlorinated ethanes (electrical cleaners known as SAFETY solvents). was on a severe diet for a couple years and felt like crap. But I got better!

Hope you can too!

You forgot PBC.

Your joke doesn't work, though. The abbreviation of et cetera is etc., not ect.

You forgot PBC.

Your joke doesn't work, though. The abbreviation of et cetera is etc., not ect.

Thank you.

That explains why it keeps coming up as misspelled every time I type it for years now, unfortunately, it doesn't offer the correct spelling, so I just ignore it & write it off to the spell checker sucking.

My spell-check's dictionary does seem to be lacking any time I type a word with more than 2 syllables. :(

Edited by Paulyski

Hang in there brother - as long as there is not too much scarring your liver can regenerate itself. I had hypoglycemia in the '80s. Found out it was from exposure to chlorinated ethanes (electrical cleaners known as SAFETY solvents). was on a severe diet for a couple years and felt like crap. But I got better!

Hope you can too!

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement! :super:

Yeah, the Dr. mentioned trying to get more exercise, along with a better diet (that's why I hate going to Doctors appointments now because they always seem to find something new wrong with me each time I visit :eek: ) in the hopes liver enzyme function readings will improve some. Problem is, the guy knows my knees are pretty much shot too (thanx there to the Military too and jumping out of perfectly good planes :rolleyes: ). Said maybe to try something low impact like swimming at the YMCA. Yeah, swimming thru clouds of little kids pee and the occasional old fossil pooping themselves while doing water aerobics (the two groups who seem to use the local Y's pool the most) really sounds like a peachy fun idea, Doc. :chris:

I can see me doing all this exercise (quitting smoking and cutting back on the drinking) and the world really does end on 12-21-2012. I'll be one pissed off SOB then. :P