I had to quit my framing job cuz I got stessed out stapling off a 20ft RV guarge with a pitched roof on a windy ass day. I got it done but almost flew off during the process. That video didnt bother me until he left the confinds of the inner tower, once he got on the outside of that thing, I would have freaked. :blink: :blink: :wacko::cryss:

"It's good to take a break and look around while you rest."

FUCK THAT!

I agree with the video. That view is spectacular! I'm sure it'd get "old" after awhile, but why not look around.. if for no other reason than to dodge possible incoming birds. :D

I love great views, and would love to see that, but not while I should be focusing on keeping myself from slipping off and taking a tumble into a grave I won't even have to bother digging cause I'll just crash into the ground. :lolol:

Tall buildings, NP, planes NP, Helos NP,

But when you talk shit like THIS and Iron work.........fuck you!!!

Yeah, see, I've got no problem with either of those things, or with jumping out of a plane or helo, but this kinda stuff where you've got no safety net just makes my stomach turn.

I've been out on structures and tanks that were measured in a hundred or more feet, But when you get into the thousends range, its not even close to the same ball game.

I could do it, But wouldn't want to. Whatever pays the bills, you know? Its called work for a reason.

I have marveled at the way iron workers will literaly run across beams. Shits crazy. Makes that slow climb to the top seem a cakewalk in comparison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVOKf4pLpiA

That is some crazy shit. Just watching that makes me nervous. :cryss:

And up is the easy part. :unsure: I cant imagine the trip down.

How about this, not as scary when it comes to heights...but pretty interesting. Helicopter linemen.

Dont get zapped!

Yeah, the second you touch those lines you have all the hundreds of thousands of volts going through you as the line does!!! AND THEN the heights, and the crazy transfer!! yeesh...

If i recall correctly a guy working for the power companies somewhere had to campaign the companies for YEARS to get them to start doing the above procedure. They thought the people would be zapped the second they touched the lines. He finally had to go out and voluntarily put himself in that situation to prove his point.

Yeah, the second you touch those lines you have all the hundreds of thousands of volts going through you as the line does!!! AND THEN the heights, and the crazy transfer!! yeesh...

If i recall correctly a guy working for the power companies somewhere had to campaign the companies for YEARS to get them to start doing the above procedure. They thought the people would be zapped the second they touched the lines. He finally had to go out and voluntarily put himself in that situation to prove his point.

They wear suits made of nomex and stainless steel. Essentially wearing a 'Faraday cage', allowing them to come to the same potential as the lines. The technique or work is called 'bare handing'. Pretty wicked stuff and they can only do it for a certain amount of time in their careers as it takes a toll physically, over time.

Those tower climbers are a whole other breed! Good video.