Ladies and Gentlemen,

The Central Florida Rifle and Pistol Club has started shooting 3-Gun every month. 4th Saturday. Used to be the 5th Saturday, which only occurred about every 3 months.

Oldandslow would have won, except for hitting a steel no shoot for a 5 second penalty.

Smoked the shotgun only stage.

Come on out.

http://sites.google.com/a/wildblue.net/cfrpc-3-gun/home

• 4 weeks later...

Ouch..

6 stages on Saturday. Great stages. Two shotgun stages.

I did win the Wall of Steel 40. The Saiga worked flawlessly. The only gun to finish under par.

Did come in second overall (again, I suck). First in open. I had 3 stages with gun malfunctions. My open pistol (A STI) had it's extractor bore filled with burned powder from not ever cleaning it. I didn't even know that could happen.

Come on out next month.

• 1 month later...

A real 3 gun shooter showed up. I came in second again. Had a few bobbles, but would have come in second with a perfect match.

I have started using the Magpul pmags in my AR. They are superior reloading. They stay in the magwell, unlike aluminum mags that typically pop out after the first shot.

Great match.

See you in January. Weewahootee, Florida. 4th Saturday.

what gun are you running? a bushmaster or something chambered in .223?

the GI 20 round aluminum mags I used to run never gave me a problem in my transition eagle m15a2.

orlites dont work in the bushmasters, either.

I'm shooting a Bushmaster. I have had problems using aluminum magazines when reloading. I push them in, tap them on the bottom, push them in as hard as I can, pound on the bottom, pull the trigger, bang, then everybody behind me starts laughing.

I'm too stupid to shoot till bolt lock and reload.

The plastic magpuls slip in and stick.

As an aside, my original Bushmaster (Bushmaster's being notorious for magazine fitting problems) had the notorious magazine fitting problem. The internet experts explained that you needed "special" Bushmaster magazines. Being stupid, I decided to measure the mag well opening. Gee, the Bushmaster was cut .890 inch wide. All of the blueprints I could find specified .900 wide.

A call to Bushmaster got them to respond, that if I would send in the receiver, they would machine it correctly, using their "jig". I asked, why didn't they use the jig when they were manufacturing the gun? They didn't know.

Sent the Bushmaster receiver in for "machining", got a new receiver with the correct measurements.