Has anyone here had any work done by Elite Firearms?

I am asking the question because I have a little story I would like to share about my personal experience with Elite Firearms. As it goes, I sent them a AK parts kit to build that was sent back to me almost a year later in the original box. Before I sent the parts kit to them they said they could build it and it should take about 3 months. After keeping in contact with them every month or so the owner finally tells me his is refinishing the rifle and should be ready in two weeks. Two days later the post man hands me the same box I shipped to them almost a year ago with the parts still unpacked. How do you like that for good business?:killer:

I did not pay them "Thank god" because the payment does not have to be made until work is done. I talked with the guy and he kept telling me he was working on it and the last time I talked to him he said it was in the refinishing stage with two weeks until completion. You can imagine the expression on my face when I got that box of parts back! I called them back like 30 times and they would not answer my call since.

• 5 months later...

This is an email that I sent to a member here. I had purchased many firearms from him. Some very good, some not as much. I had gave some positive feedback him but he is a piece of shit, thief and liar as stated here many times.

If anyone has bought a gun from him and it needs repair, don't try to contact Dave or send it to him. He will probably not return your calls, or your firearms.

Instead, The Gun Zone in Mesquite contracts with a guy, named Jeff, who worked for Dave, and did work for Elite Firearms. The saiga .308 receiver looks perfect, now (see email below). So, if anyone here lives in DFW and has an AK with issues, this guy Jeff is the exact opposite of Dave. Jeff can fix it or if not, will let you know otherwise. I had said positive things about Dave in the past, but I retract them 100%. Dave is scum, a thief.

Copy of the email that I sent.

Hi: My name is John Martin, I have bought many firearms from Dave, the owner of Elite Firearms. Some were quality firearms, others, not as much.

He is noted to not return calls, to take a very long time in completing jobs or not completing them at all. Let me sum up what happen to me.

1. He was supposed to work on a SKS for me, to convert an MC-5D SKS from original mag release to a standard. He never did and to my advantage. The gun would have depreciated quite a bit. But he had it for 6 months and never touched it.

2. I bought a very expensive, Saiga .308 already pistol grip converted. Well, the asshole cut the trigger well too wide and I had huge trigger slop. I took the gun to the Gun Zone in Mesquite, TX. Apparently, this is what I found out. The quality guns were made by a guy named Jeff, and the shitty work, by Dave. Long story short, this gun welded the trigger well shorter, and tuned it up for $75.00. You cannot tell where he did his work. In other words, the end results are just great.

3. The finishes on his gun just wear off, especially where the safety runs up and down. I will have to have the Saiga .308 and 12 refinished. Since I have to do it, I am going to have the scope mounts removed and the holes welded, and the receivers refinished as the end result.

4. About the safety, on two of my guns, the safety does not align at all with the cover of the receiver. It does not affect function but you think he could had made the effort to make it all right?

5. I know for a fact, that he held onto completed work for 6 months to a year.

6. I have misplaced his current cell phone but here is his current location and website: http://www.elitefirearms.net/. Elite Firearms, 2615 Gravel Drive, FW, TX, 76118

I bought a Galil from Elite when he was one of the only guys in the game. I have not gone out of my way to bash the guy, but my experience with Elite was only good in one way: the rifle I got is very nice. That said, I should not have to return a $1300 rifle due to major finish flaws and I certainly should not have to wait eight or more months--and make many, many phone calls-- to get that rifle back. The guy has good gunsmithing skills but horrible customer relations.

I bought a Galil from Elite when he was one of the only guys in the game. I have not gone out of my way to bash the guy, but my experience with Elite was only good in one way: the rifle I got is very nice. That said, I should not have to return a $1300 rifle due to major finish flaws and I certainly should not have to wait eight or more months--and make many, many phone calls-- to get that rifle back. The guy has good gunsmithing skills but horrible customer relations.

Dave was a close friend of mine for a while, till I got tired of his abusive ways. When needed, he could do very good work and have semi decent people skills. Otherwise, he could care less about your gun, getting back to you on a timely basis or completing your work at all.

For those that need help recuperating lost money or non-returned gun, you can email me at: jama555us@yahoo.com

I live in DFW and I have his work and home contact information.

It blows my mind that one person could have done all this. I did praise him at one time but not anymore. I had to have my receiver rewelded because the asshole cut the trigger well too wide. Thank god I found someone decent and inexpensive. Take care. John

P.S Be thankful you did get the gun back. Others are not as fortunate.

I have heard nothing but bad things about him. A friend of mine and very knowledgable guy had done some business with him and his opinion is that he is "an unethical businessman and a hack gunsmith". Not to mention that a base nothing special conversion with cost you $575. Stay away.

I am asking the question because I have a little story I would like to share about my personal experience with Elite Firearms. As it goes, I sent them a AK parts kit to build that was sent back to me almost a year later in the original box. Before I sent the parts kit to them they said they could build it and it should take about 3 months. After keeping in contact with them every month or so the owner finally tells me his is refinishing the rifle and should be ready in two weeks. Two days later the post man hands me the same box I shipped to them almost a year ago with the parts still unpacked. How do you like that for good business?:killer:

Well, he had my SKS, or should I say, My MC-5D, for around 3-6 months. I wanted to change out the magazine release to the traditional AK style mag release. He never touched the gun. Needless to say, his neglect actually saved me from ruining a collectible rifle. However, as much as he bragged about knowing about guns, he knew very little. All experienced gun smiths who work with SKS advised me to keep my SKS as is, to maintain its collectible status. He did not.

Also, he sold me a Desert Eagle, .357 calibre. He told me it was a Mark VII, when it was actually a Mark I.

How this man stayed in business is beyond me. Probably, as heard here, one time customers only. Dave alledged the forum chased him away because he did not pay his advertising fees. Probably the truth is that he burned too many customers, and the forum did not want him around anymore, ripping people off.

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious. I went to the ATF site. I could not find where I could file a complaint against a gunsmith or FFL holder. Not to be paranoid but I am hesitant to give personal to the ATF, if I proceed to filing the complaint officially against Elite Firearms.

If anyone knows the protocol or steps to file a formal complaint, please let me know.

Thanks. John