Every five years and it is time--ugh

Okay, we have a family history of polyps and other intestinal problems, so every five years I get to subject myself to a colonoscopy ----- Oh joy. Anyway, things are normally fine and I expect the same result tomorrow. However, you cannot eat (well, anything of substance or of taste) for about 30 hours before the procedure. So, right now, I'm pretty darn hungry.

So, if you could not eat for 30 hours, what would you eat as soon as you had the go ahead to do so?

I don't know why, but I'm craving a McDonald's egg McMuffin. Or maybe Nachos.

Public service announcement: If you have a family history of colon cancer or polyps and you are over 45 or 50, please share this experience and have a colonoscopy, too. :)

WJ

• Like 1

McDonald's? No thanks. Maybe if I was starving for 30 days :lolol:

I'd run out and get a pepperoni and sausage Sicilian pizza after the thing was done. It's like eating about three loaves of bread and half a pound of cheese. Mmmm.....

Best of luck at the doctor's, hope it all goes well.

post-21696-019605300 1285538544_thumb.jpg

Edited by Classy Kalashnikov

That's an easy one... Ribeye - nicely marbled, and medium rare.

Good luck with the procedure WJ. Glad you're not one of those guys who actually look forward to it!

• Like 1

My current eat to die for Is a 1/4Lb black angus burger toped with pepper jack cheese, Slow cooked and smoked BBQ Pulled pork, and bacon on a kaiser roll. A side of home made kettle cooked chips and a dill pickle, with a flavorful brew to wash it down.

My current eat to die for Is a 1/4Lb black angus burger toped with pepper jack cheese, Slow cooked and smoked BBQ Pulled pork, and bacon on a kaiser roll. A side of home made kettle cooked chips and a dill pickle, with a flavorful brew to wash it down.

Uh, what the fuck? Can I come over for dinner sometime? I'll bring beer.

A local haunt for bikers, with a reputation as being a "union bar" had a incredible entirely union made kitchen built. Fucking thing is stainless everywhere with a flame grill, and some other trick equipment. Grab one wanna be chef with something to prove, and they started churning out some really kickass food.

I'm working 7:30AM to 7:30PM mon-sat, so making food can be a pain, I just swing by the bar after and grab some food. So far the combo I said above is the best, but the beer battered fish sandwich, and the bacon wraped scallops are also some of the best i've ever had.

Woodchuck Saloon, The Saloon

1 Mitchell Street

Oswego, NY 13126-1235

Good luck today WJ. When I found out last year I was gonna have to go without real food for six months or so, I ate two pounds of lasagna on the last night I could eat...then looked forward to a plate of grilled, bacon wrapped shrimp and bacon wrapped filet mignon, and a side of real mac & cheese. Waited on that meal from mid Oct til Feb 14th, our anniversary. Unfortunately that apparently wasn't long enough so I had to wait some more....

Your post kinda reminded me of that. Just be glad they're workin on the other end and you will be more than ready to eat all you want when the time comes. Might not want to eat anything too spicy though....lol.

Least you got to wait until 45 or 50. They started that on me at 40.

And, since I have constant acid reflux, they do the endoscopy also, every 2 yrs, since it turns out I have Barretts disease.

The first time, at 40, I did the colonoscopy and endoscopy, one on a Friday, the other the next Friday.

Soft foods for a couple of days afterwards; you don't want to put lots of fiber and meat through your colon after it's seen that kind of abuse. Wait three days, then eat the biggest prime rib you can find. Then eat another one.

A local haunt for bikers, with a reputation as being a "union bar" had a incredible entirely union made kitchen built. Fucking thing is stainless everywhere with a flame grill, and some other trick equipment. Grab one wanna be chef with something to prove, and they started churning out some really kickass food.

I'm working 7:30AM to 7:30PM mon-sat, so making food can be a pain, I just swing by the bar after and grab some food. So far the combo I said above is the best, but the beer battered fish sandwich, and the bacon wraped scallops are also some of the best i've ever had.

Woodchuck Saloon, The Saloon

1 Mitchell Street

Oswego, NY 13126-1235

Sounds awesome! Quite a hike from me unfortunately :(

Well, it went pretty well. They did find a polyp, which they will biopsy, but other than that, he seemed pleased with the results. I have lost about 18 pounds in six weeks, though, and that is not a good sign. When he asked if I've lost weight and I said yes, the expression on his face changed (Really nice doctor,, but I suspect he is not a poker player!) . But, I have been running a lot more in the last four or five weeks, so hopefully that is why the weight is down.

WJ

Well, it went pretty well. They did find a polyp, which they will biopsy, but other than that, he seemed pleased with the results. I have lost about 18 pounds in six weeks, though, and that is not a good sign. When he asked if I've lost weight and I said yes, the expression on his face changed (Really nice doctor,, but I suspect he is not a poker player!) . But, I have been running a lot more in the last four or five weeks, so hopefully that is why the weight is down.

WJ

Wj do you have crohns' disease perhaps? I have had it for several years was actually diagnosed with it back in 1990. I have to have the colonoscopy and endoscopy every couple of years as they found polyps several years ago but so far so good. The reason I ask is beacuse of your weight loss I have bouts when I can't eat solid foods so i have to live on Ensure for as long as it takes to get the inflammation down to where solids are ok again. Hasn't happened in quite a while though.Hoping and praying every thing turns out ok for you.

WJ

Good to hear all went well with the procedure WJ. Your doc is probably a better physician for not being a poker player.

According to my wife (the doc), three pounds a week is still withing the healthy weight loss range. I'm frankly a bit jealous my friend.

As for the polyp, I have my fingers crossed for you.

Best regards,

Mike

So you had the test run, and your waiting on the results...

so what did you eat?

First thing I did was have my wife drive me to Arby's for a Jamocha shake. I don't know why, but I love those things. I have been drinking them for about 45 years! Then, a big roast beef sandwich. Nothing too exotic as we had to get home to pick up the 14 year old from school. My wife is laughing at me, though. She says I kept asking her the same question over and over again. I don't remember, but I'll take her word for it.

WJ

For every one still reading this thread (probably old farts) I cannot stress too strongly that you eat an active culture yogurt every day. It is the antidote for belly aches. I was told I had a spastic colon and it was a painful SOB, but a couple weeks after starting on the yogurt and no more cramps. I have been doing this for 20 years or more and still works like a charm!

Hope you get a clear report. I'm sure you will be fine, most times the polyps are benign.

I've got a colonoscopy scheduled for Monday. Looks like the weekend will be the shit... Unfortunately this will make it number 7 for me. Maybe I can get the doctor to by me dinner.

This is old hat for me I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease 12 years ago. Luckily I sought out alternative care, diet modification and nutrition; the drugs they want you to stay on will kill you, not to mention they barley work.