308 conversion..

Does anyone have or know of step by step conversion instructions specifically for a s308? I've seen the saiga conversion page, i'm sure everyone knows what i'm talking about, but didn't know if the 308s were done any differently. seems they're set up just a tad bit different than the others and the trigger is obviously different looking but not sure about the internals. i'm a saiga n00b when it comes to conversions and all that jazz. advice on this would be greatly appreciated :up:

Order a DinZag 308 FCG and the install is the same.. on the bottom plate there are only 2 rivets vs. 3.. there are also 2 spot welds near the center however..

The welds were the PITA.. everything else is the same..

Figure 1 1/2 - 2 hours of time or so if its your first time doing a conversion..

Al

Edited by YWHIC

This is my 308, finished today! I used a Tromix modified tapco FC group and completed everything but the range trip. That's this weekend.

One question I have, I've read that the Tromix modified FC parts wouldn't have any play in the trigger when on safe. My trigger still has some movement. Is this normal? Function seems to be okay, but I thought that there would be no trigger movement.

post-26212-060448900 1285623152_thumb.jpg

post-26212-010267500 1285623240_thumb.jpg

This is my 308, finished today! I used a Tromix modified tapco FC group and completed everything but the range trip. That's this weekend.

One question I have, I've read that the Tromix modified FC parts wouldn't have any play in the trigger when on safe. My trigger still has some movement. Is this normal? Function seems to be okay, but I thought that there would be no trigger movement.

The Tromix modified G2 fire control group is designed for Saiga 12s. It does nothing to address the two most common Saiga 308 specific issues:

1. Shorter safety lever tang, which causes the safety lever not being able to catch the trigger legs on some rifles (like mine), too much trigger play or even accidental discharge upon disengagement of safety.

2. Wider receiver trigger hole, which causes the trigger to move from side to side on its axis pin.

Only Dinzag's modified G2 FCG addresses these two issues.