Izhmash Factory 8 round mags available (for now)

by that same logic, if you ever need more than 5 rnds of 3" magnums from an s 12, you'll be in the same boat.

Yeah, but the 5-rounder just looks ghey.

I disagree completely. What, you miss those little notches that the 8-rnder sports? :rolleyes:

Yeah. :wub:

Sexy, aint it?

Also, the extra 3 shots, proportions & all.

I wanted the complete package.

If you ask anyone who bought a Russian 8, I doubt you'll find anyone who regretted it.

$ 140.00 for 3 extra rnds. :rolleyes:

Actually, more like $90.00 if you were to buy 1 as opposed to the other...

You don't have to trade in your 5 rounder to get the 8.

no but the mag to youre door is 140.00 for one mag. youre still paying 140.00.

• Like 1
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

uh oh Jpanzer has spoken. stop arguing lest he dies reading posts on an entirely voluntary basis.

2 russian 5 round magzines $45.00. having 10 rnds instead of 8 while saving a hundred bucks? priceless.

2 russian 5 round magzines $45.00. having 10 rnds instead of 8 while saving a hundred bucks? priceless. :haha:

Where do you get 2 for 45?

They're 45 each + shipping everywhere I've ever seen them.

gunbroker. i got an older one (slightly different bottom) for 18.00 plus $5.00 shipping. just got a brand new one for 26.00 shipped. they always pop up. im looking to get a few more. they fit in my pocket quite nicely.

People who have never used/held these 8 rounders really don't know what they are missing. There is just something about holding and using a true quality item in your hand....You get what you pay for.

Gotta disagree there. As we all know, (or should know), the only reason that Izzy 8-rnd mags are so ricockulously expensive is because of artificial rarity in the US caused by the BATFE. That's why they cost what they do, not because of their quality, (which I'm sure is quite good).

I don't buy "lesser" mags, except as range-toys, (e.g. my Surefire clear 12-rnder). Then again, I don't waste my money on items that are exceptionally overpriced simply because they're rare.. not when there are viable alternatives that sell for a reasonable price. I have 3 factory 5-rnders and I'm now up to 5 MD20's, (damn you and your sales, Mike :D ), for exactly that reason.

ymmv and spend your money however you like.. but don't try to justify the price of the Izzy 8's based on quality alone. ;)

Please reference the part of my earlier post which refers to the fact that you really can't(shouldn't) comment on these until you have used/held one.

I didn't refer to the reason for their cost at all, well maybe you could take the you get what you pay for as a reference to quality compared to price.

I was simply referring to the fact that price doesn't really mean anything when it comes to a quality part if it is important to you. To each his own...............

People who have never used/held these 8 rounders really don't know what they are missing. There is just something about holding and using a true quality item in your hand....You get what you pay for.

Gotta disagree there. As we all know, (or should know), the only reason that Izzy 8-rnd mags are so ricockulously expensive is because of artificial rarity in the US caused by the BATFE. That's why they cost what they do, not because of their quality, (which I'm sure is quite good).

I don't buy "lesser" mags, except as range-toys, (e.g. my Surefire clear 12-rnder). Then again, I don't waste my money on items that are exceptionally overpriced simply because they're rare.. not when there are viable alternatives that sell for a reasonable price. I have 3 factory 5-rnders and I'm now up to 5 MD20's, (damn you and your sales, Mike :D ), for exactly that reason.

ymmv and spend your money however you like.. but don't try to justify the price of the Izzy 8's based on quality alone. ;)

Please reference the part of my earlier post which refers to the fact that you really can't(shouldn't) comment on these until you have used/held one...

Ok, send me one of yours so I can hold and use it. :D I'll pay shipping.

Seriously though, what's so special about em? They're basically a longer version of the Izzy 5-rnd mag, no? I've plenty of experience with the 5-rnders, (built just as well as the 8's).

Anyway, I think that as soon as Mike releases his double-stack mags, (I plan to buy "a few" ;) ), this argument will be moot and paying ~$140 for a single 8-rnd mag will seem pretty stupid.

Time will tell....

Please reference the part of my earlier post which refers to the fact that you really can't(shouldn't) comment on these until you have used/held one.

I didn't refer to the reason for their cost at all, well maybe you could take the you get what you pay for as a reference to quality compared to price.

I was simply referring to the fact that price doesn't really mean anything when it comes to a quality part if it is important to you. To each his own...............

i completly agree with you. if said quality product did somthing that another product did not do.

• Like 1

2 russian 5 round magzines $45.00. having 10 rnds instead of 8 while saving a hundred bucks? priceless. :haha:

gunbroker. i got an older one (slightly different bottom) for 18.00 plus $5.00 shipping. just got a brand new one for 26.00 shipped. they always pop up. im looking to get a few more. they fit in my pocket quite nicely.

Does the one with a different bottom also have weird feed-lips? More like clips than the ones we have now?

If so, don't bet your life on that one. There's a reason they changed the design.

Also, someone just found a Rus-8 at a gunshow for $40.00

Used doesn't count for this debate.

The fact that they have ANY in stock tells me the price could soon drop...that is IF we get some quality doublestacks from MD or metal ones from Chaos soon. I have not seen any Russian 8's in stock for a year(maybe I haven't looked often enough?). I know I am dreaming about a price drop, but with more options it does become a possibility. I pre-ordered 3 Russian 8's last month...should be shipping now. They cost $391...plus my credit card charged me $12 for a currency conversion fee. I already own two...I probably should have saved my money for some doublestacks.

Please reference the part of my earlier post which refers to the fact that you really can't(shouldn't) comment on these until you have used/held one...

Ok, send me one of yours so I can hold and use it. :D I'll pay shipping.

Seriously though, what's so special about em? They're basically a longer version of the Izzy 5-rnd mag, no? I've plenty of experience with the 5-rnders, (built just as well as the 8's).

Anyway, I think that as soon as Mike releases his double-stack mags, (I plan to buy "a few" ;) ), this argument will be moot and paying ~$140 for a single 8-rnd mag will seem pretty stupid.

Time will tell....

Borrow? One of my 8 round Izzy's?

Why, why, that's just heresy. You gotta be crazy as hell..........naaaa.gif

Does the one with a different bottom also have weird feed-lips? More like clips than the ones we have now?

If so, don't bet your life on that one. There's a reason they changed the design.

the feed lips are exactly the same. the only difference being the bottom is a little beefier around the base plate. i use all three on a regular bases.

now for $40.00 bucks id snatch one up in a second.

ive found the 5 rounders both brand new and used for around $20-$25. ill bet that guy neerly crapped himself when he found that 8 rndr for that price.

OK Devils advocate here. Why do I need a russian 8 round mag when I can buy Amercian mags for less?

Because some people have more money than sense....

I don't put cheap, shitty tires on a built sports car that corners well when I race.

Why?

Because it takes the performance down to the level of the shitty tires.

This is the result...

Paulysrx-fuckup.jpg

I learned MY lesson by unexpectedly going 4Xing at 80 mph.

Same thing with a cheaper mag.

You can have the most reliable gun in the world, but if you have mag issues, you have a pile of shit all around.

If we ever needed more firepower than 9 shots of 3" magnum from an S-12, we would likely be facing charges.

If not, fuck 12 when you can have 20.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

No, you raced a Mazda with a Wankel, that's why it turned out the way it did...

The tires on my 'vette cost $120.00 a piece, that's pretty damn cheap and I haven't reached the car's limit yet, but boy have I reached my own...

However, I'd run a Russian 8-rounder, should I ever have the money to buy one. Shit I haven't even converted my gun yet (might not, I think the piston rod might be on it's way out...) so I have a few things to do first, but damn, they sure are sexy...

They are pretty, that's all. wub.gif

I thought we had already established that. Step away from the kool aid.

No seriously.

Edited by Stansplace

I have not seen any Russian 8's in stock for a year(maybe I haven't looked often enough?). I know I am dreaming about a price drop, but with more options it does become a possibility.

He's gotten 2 shipments within the last year & sold out both times. A surprise arrival last December, then again 4 or so months later.

This is the third.

The price has remained consistent from Oleg for years. Actually, it's gone up as the MD-20 has dropped.

Being as Mike would have to PAY OUT THE ASS for ITAR taxes if he were to ship out of the states & the rest of the world buys from Oleg too, My bet's the price will remain as it is.

OK Devils advocate here. Why do I need a russian 8 round mag when I can buy Amercian mags for less?

Because some people have more money than sense....

I don't put cheap, shitty tires on a built sports car that corners well when I race.

Why?

Because it takes the performance down to the level of the shitty tires.

This is the result...

Paulysrx-fuckup.jpg

I learned MY lesson by unexpectedly going 4Xing at 80 mph.

Same thing with a cheaper mag.

You can have the most reliable gun in the world, but if you have mag issues, you have a pile of shit all around.

If we ever needed more firepower than 9 shots of 3" magnum from an S-12, we would likely be facing charges.

If not, fuck 12 when you can have 20.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

No, you raced a Mazda with a Wankel, that's why it turned out the way it did...

The tires on my 'vette cost $120.00 a piece, that's pretty damn cheap and I haven't reached the car's limit yet, but boy have I reached my own...

Back when that RX was made, 1982, it ran with the POS vettes that were being produced.

Plus the thing really did corner nicely.

Plenty of cops that never caught me, or even got close enough to get my plate could attest to that. :devil:

The new vettes are a whole new world. They can damn near pull a G to the side when cornering.

I auto-cross his occationally he pays $250 each for tires that last less than 20,000 miles & they're worth every cent. He'll eventually get a set of Hoosiers for the track though.

It's un-fucking real how that bitch corners.

the feed lips are exactly the same. the only difference being the bottom is a little beefier around the base plate. i use all three on a regular bases.

now for $40.00 bucks id snatch one up in a second.

ive found the 5 rounders both brand new and used for around $20-$25. ill bet that guy neerly crapped himself when he found that 8 rndr for that price.

Yes he did.

Glad to hear the feed-lips are the same.

The very first weren't as good & caused hangups.

we need to start a poll on this.

Why?

Everyone too cheap to buy one would say they're not worth it just to not feel cheap.

Everyone who owns them would say they're worth it, because they not just bought 1 for that price, but most of us, after getting them, went back for more.

Hell, I think Juggs has over 10.

Why?

Everyone too cheap to buy one would say they're not worth it just to not feel cheap.

Everyone who owns them would say they're worth it, because they not just bought 1 for that price, but most of us, after getting them, went back for more.

fffffffffffffffff over $1400 for 10 mags?

you could get an AR-15 and 30 pmags :ded:

Why?

ouch! so now im cheap? below the belt man. im not really cheap, i mean i spent 140.00 for my 2 12 rnd promag drums. i really love my little 12 rnders. have i mentioned that at all? :lolol:

• Like 1

Why?

Actually, he got in on a group buy.

I think they were more like 80 each for his deal.

There was another group buy like that too last year.

Someone wanna go to Russia?

Gabe Suarez lost a large shipment though when he tried to have them mailed to him.

Customs fucked him hard, but he would have lost more than his investment fighting for them.

Why?

ouch! so now im cheap? below the belt man. im not really cheap, i mean i spent 140.00 for my 2 12 rnd promag drums. i really love my little 12 rnders. have i mentioned that at all? :lolol:

Sorry if I hurt you.

But you took ownership of that one on your own.

I didn't mention you in particular.

But If you're comparing a Promag product to a milspec Russian product...

Well...

Nevermind.

That's like comparing a Hyundai to an Acura.

Edited by Paulyski

Why?

Actually, he got in on a group buy.

I think they were more like 80 each for his deal.

There was another group buy like that too last year.

Someone wanna go to Russia?

Gabe Suarez lost a large shipment though when he tried to have them mailed to him.

Customs fucked him hard, but he would have lost more than his investment fighting for them.

Christ

Why?

You said it before I could, psl sniper.

Yeah, everyone who objects to paying ~$140 per Izzy 8-rnder is just "cheap". It's not possible that we're more discriminating in how we spend our firearms $, (we don't mind spending a lot if it's worth it). ;)

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 2

Why buy a .45 cal Glock when you can buy a Hi-point .45 for $150?

Same difference.

They both fire the same round, both have polymer frames & steel slides...

Oh yeah... The High-point is a pile of shit. That's why.

Edited by Paulyski

Why?

What about those who own them who will say that they worth it simply because they are trying to justify (mostly to themselves) spending $140 on one fucking mag? People tend to do that after spending an exorbitant amount of money on an overpriced item. :devil:

Any way, I have a friend who'll be traveling to a CIS country soon and brining me a couple of these, for $70 each.

Edited by SpetsnazGRU

wasnt comparing promag to anything. just stating that ill spend money when its somthing i like. have you tried the promag 12 round drums? or are you just going by opinions? guess what im saying is, just because it costs more, doesnt make it better.

Edited by psl sniper
  • Like 1

wasnt comparing promag to anything. just stating that ill spend money when its somthing i like. have you tried the promag 12 round drums? or are you just going by opinions?

I have the 2 MD-20s for 2 3/4 rounds.

No need for a promag.

I've dealt with the company before & never will again.

If the SHTF, I'll have a Rus-8 in gun, 1 more in pocket & a Rus-5 in pocket.

As for the MD-20s, they'd only come out in a rare situation mangn....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6L8NFcMakk

39M16Flash.jpg

I have space to make room for my 2nd MD-20 & some double-stacks, but that's it for me.

I don't want to have more mags than I can fit in my case. & I'm holding off on modding it until the doublestacks come out.

Done1-2.jpg

Edited by Paulyski
  • Like 1

Same difference.

I was thinking more along the lines of why buy a $1500 Kimber/springfield/colt when a Citadel or Rock Island will do the same thing for 500$

Same difference.

I was thinking more along the lines of why buy a $1500 Kimber/springfield/colt when a Citadel or Rock Island will do the same thing for 500$

What?

Jam from a grain of sand?

Edited by Paulyski

by that same logic, if you ever need more than 5 rnds of 3" magnums from an s 12, you'll be in the same boat.

Actually this entire fucking thread is whats gay. That's 5 minutes of my life gone reading you guys having a virtual pissing match over who has the sweeter S12 mag... :deadhorse::rolleyes:

Edited by Jpanzer

Same difference.

What?

Jam?

I'm trying to get a point across, not start an argument.

But for what its worth, my Citadel hasn't had a single jam since I bought it(700rds since then), and my saiga has likes to have fits and occasionally not cycle.

My saiga has taught me to appreciate guns that work right out of the box :lolol:

Or maybe its just luck

• Like 1

the md 20 is definantly king. and just think for 140.00 you could buy 2! wow thats almost as much as.....1 russian 8 rounder :lolol:

Back that shit up.

180 is the cheapest you'll find them shipped for 2 & that's just till the sale ends.

Actually this entire fucking thread is whats gay. That's 5 minutes of my life gone reading you guys having a virtual pissing match over who has the sweeter S12 mag... :deadhorse::rolleyes:

This coming from the guy who swears by ProMag stick mags...

No comment.

Well... Too late, but you get the point, I'm sure.