Izhmash Factory 8 round mags available (for now)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

uh oh Jpanzer has spoken. stop arguing lest he dies reading posts on an entirely voluntary basis.

2 russian 5 round magzines $45.00. having 10 rnds instead of 8 while saving a hundred bucks? priceless.

Yeah, but the 5-rounder just looks ghey.

hey Paulyski i will consede that the russian 8 rounders are EXCELENT mags. if... you concede that the they are overpriced. B)

He can concede that but it would still only be his opinion, just like it is yours. There doesn't seem to be much debate here about the supreme quality of these mags. The debate is about what they are worth, which is entirely subjective. But remember this..the marketplace has already decided what they are worth, which is the amount people are willing to pay for those that are available. Supply and demand. If that amount is out of your budget then that's understandable, but that's a lot different than saying they are not worth it, because they are. Just not to you.

• Like 1

hey Paulyski i will consede that the russian 8 rounders are EXCELENT mags. if... you concede that the they are overpriced. B)

He can concede that but it would still only be his opinion, just like it is yours. There doesn't seem to be much debate here about the supreme quality of these mags. The debate is about what they are worth, which is entirely subjective. But remember this..the marketplace has already decided what they are worth, which is the amount people are willing to pay for those that are available. Supply and demand. If that amount is out of your budget then that's understandable, but that's a lot different than saying they are not worth it, because they are. Just not to you.

Exactly, if they were too much he wouldn't keep selling out of them now would he?

• Like 2

OK Devils advocate here. Why do I need a russian 8 round mag when I can buy Amercian mags for less?

There are NO aftermarket mags that have the features of the factory 8 rounders.

On top of that, no other mag looks like it belongs in the S12 other than the factory mags.

• Like 1

OK Devils advocate here. Why do I need a russian 8 round mag when I can buy Amercian mags for less?

On top of that, no other mag looks like it belongs in the S12 other than the factory mags.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=58572

Someone could make a lot of money making a mag with the same features here..

Blah..blah..blah.. Izzy 8's only cost what they do because of artificial rarity, that is indisputable. Y'all'll be singin a different tune once MD doublestacks come out, I wager. ;)

I'm the proud owner of 5 MD20's, (with both clear and smoke covers, in case I want to change em :D ). When I see value, I am far from "cheap". I do not see value in ~$140 8-rnd mags, I don't care who made em. ;)

ymmv.

• Like 2

they cost that much. because people have been paying that much. i dont think a beany baby was worth a couple thousand dollars. but somone did and then everyone did. i see these mags as more of a collecters novilty item. and no, these arent "out of my budget" , i could buy three right now if i so desired. but i digress its already been discussed.

Edited by psl sniper
  • Like 1

Wow. This is very interesting how this thread is going. I think we all would like to pay less for what we want, so it boils down to the perception of value for the money.

I will concede that when normal capacity glock mags were banned, I paid a lot more for them just so I could have the option. There is no doubt, with used G22's in the $375 range even then, that I spent more for magazines than I did for the gun. Foolish? Perhaps. But we don't always know how things will turn out. If the alternatives to the Izhmash 8's turn out to be farther in the future, or combat untrustworthy, or more expensive than everyone thinks, the perceived value of these hard to find, but presently available items may change. A mag in your S12 is worth more than a promise for the future.

Perceived value is a very personal thing, apparently generating more emotion than I would have expected in terms of these particular items. If the S12 is your defensive weapon, then you will value 9 rounds more than the guy who uses it only for clays. So it was for my G22 which is my edc. Russian 8's are high value, but high price. The 5's are a better value for sure, and if they meet the mission, I celebrate anyone's choice to put their funds elsewhere.

• Like 1

What a mess.

Justification after justification.

Children have the same conversations they just use simpler words and phrases.

People get defensive when you suggest that they maybe wasting / overspending their money................comments about having plenty of money and sense is arrogant. Its on the verge of an insult.

Oleg or whatever his name is making his money.........................all he wants is your money.

He plays this game of availability very well. No one really knows except for him and ONLY HIM.

Every time someone buys one of those 8 round mags it is an INCENTIVE for him to keep the price at that level.

If no one bought them due to the price he would have to drop it...................no incentive would equal a change.

I have no need for one of these magazines.

Every person has their justification for what they want.

Frosty

Edited by Frosty

I think that $80 MAYBE $100.00 would be a good price...

But you gotta pay the piper if you want them.

Oleg says his price, you pay his price if you want his mags.

If they were cheaper, I'd have more, but the reason the price is so high is logistics.

These things are hard for him to get too, then he has to get creative to ship them.

It's like cocaine. It would be a helluvalot cheaper if you could just buy it at 7-11.

Yes.

I said it.

Russian 8 rounders are like cocaine. :D

................comments about having plenty of money and sense is arrogant. Its on the verge of an insult.

Not an insult, but a response to an insult. You forgot to mention that part. It was directed at the person I was responding to, but if you feel the need to be insulted by it then don't let me stop you.

I dunno, the MD20 looks like the gun was made for it.

123axkn.jpg

Truth be told, I just wish it was easier to get a hold of cheaper russian 5 round mags, and in bulk. They'd be a lot easier to manage in a SHTF pack. Just use the drum if you ever run into something really bad.

uh oh Jpanzer has spoken. stop arguing lest he dies reading posts on an entirely voluntary basis. :cryss:

Eh? Do you even own a S12? I mean not a airsoft one... :lolol:

s12? whats that? i own a saiga 12. just didnt want you "wasting" your time reading this thread. also if youre going to waste time in the woods shooting at each other, than paintball is the only way to go. airsoft is probably right up your alley.

Edited by psl sniper
  • Like 1

................comments about having plenty of money and sense is arrogant. Its on the verge of an insult.

Not an insult, but a response to an insult. You forgot to mention that part. It was directed at the person I was responding to, but if you feel the need to be insulted by it then don't let me stop you.

someone said earlier on that some people have more money then sense. dont think dogman really meant anything by it.

• Like 1

I feel pretty stupid that i paid $270 for an MD-20 and now you can buy one for $75. I bet the same thing will happen with the Izzy 8 rounders at some point. Its really a waiting game. If I can buy 3 double stacks for the price of 1 Izzy 8 rounder...I should probably wait it out...don't you think?

-EnzNow

Its really a waiting game. If I can buy 3 double stacks for the price of 1 Izzy 8 rounder...I should probably wait it out...don't you think?

-EnzNow

Do you really think MD is waiting around for piles of copyright paperwork and paying lawyers countless sums of cash to sell you a doublestack magazine at "competitive" prices? He already feels screwed on the promag drum similarities and the fact it drove down the price. MD will not make that mistake again. You will pay dearly for said doublestacks; he will own the monopoly. I hope I am wrong but history teaches us otherwise.

In regards to the Izzy 8 round: I think they look nice and I am sure they function well but I personally cannot justify spending that much for a mid-cap magazine. $75 shipped? Sure I would buy 2 at that price, but $140 none for me.

I hope my post is not taken a slander towards any of you; I was most certainly a statement of my prediction of the future of doublestacks and my personal opinnion of the

Izzy8; nothing more nothing less.

• Like 1

I feel pretty stupid that i paid $270 for an MD-20 and now you can buy one for $75. I bet the same thing will happen with the Izzy 8 rounders at some point.

Ain't gonna happen. You're dealing with two different economies, mindsets, political situations, etc. The Russian eight rounders are the gold standard for structure/function/reliability.

I feel pretty stupid that i paid $270 for an MD-20 and now you can buy one for $75. I bet the same thing will happen with the Izzy 8 rounders at some point.

Ain't gonna happen. You're dealing with two different economies, mindsets, political situations, etc. The Russian eight rounders are the gold standard for structure/function/reliability.

What Tritium said.

The MD20 fell due to competition or hatred towards AA or need to fill up the bank account to finish out the doublestacks or the market bogging down at the old price point or some combination of the these. All of these were predictable, tho maybe not very likely.

The Saiga 8 rounders would sell for ~ the price of the 5 rounders when they are legally imported in bulk by RAA or ??? That's very predictable, but also highly unlikely ... more likely the import of the Saiga goes away than that the > 5 round limit is abolished.

So, I'm just saying, if you are waiting for a similar price drop ... it could happen, but is VERY unlikely.

Edited by kmoore

my comment wasn't an insult, if people want to waste their money on overpriced mags then that's their business.I have more sense and better things to do with my money than to blow it on a stupid piece of plastic just because it has a metal lip on it..It was only an insult if you feel insulted by it,I bought 4 AGP 10 rounders for the same price of one Russian 8 rd mag, that's 40rd's to your 8, and my AGPs work great, who's more likely to win that shootout? I also have 4 of the cheap $11.95 Taiwan 5 rd mags and they work great too...

my comment wasn't an insult, if people want to waste their money on overpriced mags then that's their business.I have more sense and better things to do with my money than to blow it on a stupid piece of plastic just because it has a metal lip on it..It was only an insult if you feel insulted by it,I bought 4 AGP 10 rounders for the same price of one Russian 8 rd mag, that's 40rd's to your 8, and my AGPs work great, who's more likely to win that shootout? I also have 4 of the cheap $11.95 Taiwan 5 rd mags and they work great too...

Don't worry about me. I'm not insulted that easily but it was meant as such regardless of what you say.and therefore it will get a response. I'm just about done with this thread but I will say this....Even IF you are correct and I overpaid for my 8 rounders I would rather do that than underpay for cheap mags that aren't properly reinforced, which is what you have. By the way, the one who wins the shootout is the one who's gun runs flawlessly and gets the most rounds accurately on target first. Good luck with those cheap Taiwanese mags. :lolol:
  • Like 1

Don't worry about me. I'm not insulted that easily but it was meant as such regardless of what you say.and therefore it will get a response. I'm just about done with this thread but I will say this....Even IF you are correct and I overpaid for my 8 rounders I would rather do that than underpay for cheap mags that aren't properly reinforced, which is what you have. By the way, the one who wins the shootout is the one who's gun runs flawlessly and gets the most rounds accurately on target first. Good luck with those cheap Taiwanese mags. :lolol:

I'll put my Surefire 12 shell mag in my gun, up against any mag you got, and I don't like Surefire mags...

To say that someone's gun will NOT function because they have a cheap mag (that works) is rather arrogant and elitist... :rolleyes:

I'll put my Surefire 12 shell mag in my gun, up against any mag you got, and I don't like Surefire mags...

To say that someone's gun will NOT function because they have a cheap mag (that works) is rather arrogant and elitist... :rolleyes:

Gosh, I'm sorry you don't like your mags. I do, maybe you should try one of mine. :lolol: Umm, I didn't say his gun wouldn't function. You made that up, or you can't read, which is it?.:rolleyes: