Rhineland Arms Scout Stock

I contacted them back on July 31st and then Aug 2nd.. and they said the 'production' adaptor block would be ready in a week but I could order and get the aluminum sample block (see email note below).. 2 weeks later (Aug 13th).. I asked again and got CRICKETS.. :blues:

This is when I was thinking PSL wood and found new Saiga 'wood' with vents.. :super:

Just be cautious.. IMHO..

Al

Heres the email on Aug 2nd..>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Hello

The prototype is made of aluminum but I hacked on it with the milling

machine so it is not perfect. It is a modified mounting block from a FNFAL

rifle that we made years ago.

I would get you a production mounting block as soon as they are ready.

There is no charge to that stuff as it comes with the h.dguards(or

supposed to).

I think you also asked if we have blemish SVD handguards, we do have some

now but they do not look good on the Saiga for some reason.

Thanks

Rhineland Arms

Anyone have this "saiga scout" setup : <Link Removed> ? I have a 20inch and I think it might look better than the tapco intrafuse stock. I searched around and really couldn't find any good pictures of it.....

I have it, and like it very much. If you like Dragunov/Romak stocks, you'll love the feel.

Two things to consider:

First, it comes unfinished. You'll need to go over it lightly with some fine grit sandpaper, stain, and clear coat. That was a feature for me. I don't like the orangy-red of most AK furniture. I wanted a deeper brown walnut, and was able to stain it accordingly w/o needing to strip it.

Secondly, the adjustable cheek piece doesn't go up that high, so if you have some high mounted optics, you won't get a good weld.

I've written them about this and they will be lengthening the cheek piece rails. Not sure if that will be in production any time soon though.

Anyone have this "saiga scout" setup : <Link Removed> ? I have a 20inch and I think it might look better than the tapco intrafuse stock. I searched around and really couldn't find any good pictures of it.....

I have it, and like it very much. If you like Dragunov/Romak stocks, you'll love the feel.

Two things to consider:

First, it comes unfinished. You'll need to go over it lightly with some fine grit sandpaper, stain, and clear coat. That was a feature for me. I don't like the orangy-red of most AK furniture. I wanted a deeper brown walnut, and was able to stain it accordingly w/o needing to strip it.

Secondly, the adjustable cheek piece doesn't go up that high, so if you have some high mounted optics, you won't get a good weld.

I've written them about this and they will be lengthening the cheek piece rails. Not sure if that will be in production any time soon though.

Any good pictures?

• 3 years later...