Latest word from Oleg....Saiga-12-030 parts

The latest descriptions of Saiga-12-030 parts from the manufacturer confirmed the worst scenario... it would be IMPOSSIBLE to use Options 1 & 2 parts on any other Saiga-12 barrel rather then authentic 030 barrel, which has the gas port in different place unlike all the other Saiga-12 barrels.. So we have no choice now, but to offer a complete set of all 3 options ONLY ! Please let me know if you want a complete set ???.. Also let me know if you have your local "friendly" registered importer, who would be interested to import the kit for you in the US ? Order deadline is this coming Sunday.. Levers are available online... Thank you

Oh I forgot russmilitary is not a business member :grimace:

• Like 1

The latest descriptions of Saiga-12-030 parts from the manufacturer confirmed the worst scenario... it would be IMPOSSIBLE to use Options 1 & 2 parts on any other Saiga-12 barrel rather then authentic 030 barrel, which has the gas port in different place unlike all the other Saiga-12 barrels.. So we have no choice now, but to offer a complete set of all 3 options ONLY ! Please let me know if you want a complete set ???.. Also let me know if you have your local "friendly" registered importer, who would be interested to import the kit for you in the US ? Order deadline is this coming Sunday.. Levers are available online... Thank you

Wow...you know what? It's a nice day out and it just ain't worth it to get into an argument with you over how ludicrous that statement is coming from you....

post edited...

Wow...you know what? It's a nice day out and it just ain't worth it to get into an argument with you over how ludicrous that statement is coming from you....

post edited...

Edited by saigatechusa

I received an e-mail from Oleg this morning.

He said that He will be looking into wither or not he will be able to send Option #1 & #2.

Should have an answer next week.

Personally, I can't understand why he wouldn't just sell us the parts sans barrel.

Would it really be that hard to plug the existing holes and drill new ones in the proper place, or is there a difference in barrel diameter?

I was really looking forward to doing this conversion, and now am more than a bit bummed.

If all else fails, there was some guy on here ( can't remember his name..) who does really, really nice work. I Think He did an S-12 Krink once and then a hinged top cover and AK gas system on another AKS-12. sadly he isn't a Business member either :smoke:

Maybe no need for total panic yet. :cryss:

There is another person who frequents many of the various AK type forums and sells numerous Russian items who has been hinting, suggesting, promising(?) importation of previously unavailable Izzy/Russian/Saiga? parts, components, whole guns? (it seems the plan may have evolved to only complete guns initially? - unfortunately)

Latest I recall he was saying he'd have a website up with info as to the status of what can or will be offered, prices, etc.

Anyway, it sure seems that options for us Saigaholics coninue to expand.

Cheers,

HarvKY

Exactly:

1 Video of new Military KS-K ( Saiga 12S EXP-01-030 ) shotgun comes out.

Some of Us say We Really, Really, Really Want one!!! and the dreaming begins.

2 Oleg tells Us he can get the parts.

3 We get exited.

4 He then tells us how much said parts will cost.

5 Many people are not so exited any more, but a few of Us are ready and able to spend some serious $$$$

5 We pre-order.

7 Then We get the e-mail that starts this thread.

8 ?????

let me guess, this conversion requires nonexistant $200ea russian magwell magazines. Then buying 10 of those will cost $2,000.00 alone. Not including the cost of the conversion parts for the gun. Even if you were willing to pay it you need to know how to press out the barrel and change it. It's not as easy as other weapon platforms.

I think i'll pass. I already have 16 9rd russian Rock-n-lock mags anyway and cant justify the cost of conversion.

Sure... The bolt locks open after the last round but you still have to pull the bolt back to release it. There really isent any difference. Reload time will be the same.

how did I miss that? I would love to have a kit even without a barrel and magwell. What was option 1,2,3 and the cost? :cryss:

us_dragunov over on theakforumDOTnet IS importing 030 models with the trigger in the sporter configuration(no pistol grip)...he is also importing other models

its the same as arsenal with the sgl-31....Russian front end the convert the to a pistol grip

If us_dragunov starts importing them, how much will they cost?

I might be interested, but I would rather build/ Modify one myself.

To Mike123456:

You are right, the Mags are pricey. Although I have heard You can Mod other US mags to fit. Not sure if the LRBHO would work with US mags though.

My first AK build years ago was a Yugo M-92 "krink", that was back when a kit was only $500 or so. I still have it & it isn't for sale.

Other than the bolt hold open, the Saiga 12 was really easy. It took maybe two to three hours of messing around, and it was done. As far as I can see it is just a Big AK with a puck in front of the Gas Piston / Op rod. Barrel looks like it is pined like an AK, gas block takes two pins.. If You have the right tools and the patience, You can do just about anything You want.

To Mike123456:

You are right, the Mags are pricey. Although I have heard You can Mod other US mags to fit. Not sure if the LRBHO would work with US mags though.

My first AK build years ago was a Yugo M-92 "krink", that was back when a kit was only $500 or so. I still have it & it isn't for sale.

Other than the bolt hold open, the Saiga 12 was really easy. It took maybe two to three hours of messing around, and it was done. As far as I can see it is just a Big AK with a puck in front of the Gas Piston / Op rod. Barrel looks like it is pined like an AK, gas block takes two pins.. If You have the right tools and the patience, You can do just about anything You want.

?

To Mike123456:

?

:lolol:

OK I found a ak site and found that it seems pretty small but had one topic I could find refrencing a company taking some kind of orders for a 030 version but right below it show a link for a 040 with no pics. So if the 030 MAY be available at some point, what is the 040 and how does it differ??

Plus I would like to see if the mags have any kind of compatability accross the line. Tag.

442.gif

Actually all the parts are available except for the hinged cover.

OR

post-8026-069275100 1286404632_thumb.jpg

OR

777.gif

Edited by saigatechusa

US_Dragunov I checked your website out and saw the picture gallery for the 030 sporter. Can you give us any info as far as pricing and when and how many are expected to hit the states. Are you going to become a business member here as you did with the AK forum.

i got a question, maybe someone here can answer for me. on the stocks like the one you have pictured above what is the purpose of the little silver bar under the top bar, sticking out of the butt plate inside the triangle? does that make sense? its the only silver/stainless piece on the stock. every time i see that stock i wonder what is that or what does that do? sorry if thats a dumb question but i was just looking at ordering one (until i seen the price!) and its not readily apparent to me what the reason for that piece is. thank you

Edited by big-J

i got a question, maybe someone here can answer for me. on the stocks like the one you have pictured above what is the purpose of the little silver bar under the top bar, sticking out of the butt plate inside the triangle? does that make sense? its the only silver/stainless piece on the stock. every time i see that stock i wonder what is that or what does that do? sorry if thats a dumb question but i was just looking at ordering one (until i seen the price!) and its not readily apparent to me what the reason for that piece is. thank you

spring plunger against cheek rest, which has detents for rotational adjustment. :lolol:

To Mike123456:

?

:lolol:

Sorry Up late, babbling incoherently:

Open mouth, insert foot, and slam knee into bulkhead repeatedly! :shame:

I just would like to know as does everyone I guess,,,is this the next gen S12 that will be selling here when the current model is done.

No, it's the current generation of S-12 in Russia. There was another version they debuted at SHOT show with a cool telescoping sporter stock and different sights but not these. Technically they could import it with the front like this but the sporter stock at the rear but they don't :(

Maybe I am missing something but I cannot see how that shotgun could be imported at all if it's assembled as it is. Furthermore barrels of it's type cannot be imported either. The problem as I see it is two fold. 1) 1989 imported assault weapons ban, which never sunset like the domestic ban did. This gun pretty clearly is in an assault weapon configuration. 2) Recent interpretation by ATF that prohibits the import of weapons that are destined for building an assault weapon domestically. Parts kits cannot be sold with an intact barrel.

Like I was saying, I only glossed over this topic so I may not fully comprehend whats being discussed, but I saw the gun ( which is sweet BTW ) and read some of the responses.

The only part that is a "gun" is the receiver. So all of the parts are importable. What you do with them could result in you violating some bullshit rule, but those have all been well documented and easy to avoid.

It's understood that a complete weapon cannot be imported. It's also worth pointing out that barrels in assault weapon parts kits cannot be imported anymore unless they have been mutilated ( read as torched in half) . This is new, as in within the last 5 years I think, but it still stands. I suspect this is where the original poster was finding some difficulty. Domestic barrel production is really the only legal way around this.

Got this e-mail today....

This is the final request to confirm your order !!

Despite the fact that it would be IMPOSSIBLE to use Options 1 & 2 parts on any other Saiga-12 barrel rather then authentic 030 barrel, which has the gas port in different place unlike all the other Saiga-12 barrels.. (appx 8-10mm difference), many of you still decided to go ahead with the purchase.. claiming that you would be happy to weld the original gas port and make another one in place required.. as well as replace the original piston on bolt carrier with the 030 piston...

So please confirm that you understand the above and that you are happy to proceed with your order ? and that you would be ready to make advance payment in November / December ?

Thank you

Oleg Savochkin

FSU Connections Ltd

Tel: +44 (0)1344 750 735

Fax:+44 (0)1344 752 753

www.rusmilitary.com

SAIGA-12-030 parts kit & AK-104 front sigth / gas block assembly on pre-pay sale from mid November (Delivery in December)

OPTION 1 - Saiga-12-030 conversion parts kit / OPTION 1: upper & lower HGs with gas tube & gas plug + lower HG harness + front sight / gas block= £395 (appx 505 USD + shipping)

OPTION 2 - Saiga-12-030 conversion parts kit / OPTION 2: front trunion with rear sight plate + dust cover with Picatinny rail hinged together = £315 (appx 400 USD + shipping)

OPTION 3 - Saiga-12-030 conversion parts kit / OPTION 3: barrel & flash hider = £195 (appx 250 USD + shipping)

ALL IN ONE - Saiga-12-030 COMPLETE CONVERSION KIT / all 3 options above = £899 (appx 1,150 USD + shipping)

AK-104/105 front sight / gas block assembly (inc flash hider) = £129 (appx 165 USD + shipping)