Latest word from Oleg....Saiga-12-030 parts

I'm on the fence now, I would like to get the parts and do the conversion myself. Then I hear about us_dragunov and red dragon ______ importing them soon.

If anyone has information about when the Sporterized Saiga-12-030 shotguns will be in the US, and how much they are going to cost, please let me know.

It will cost around $1000.00 to get option 1&2 from Oleg. So I figure $1,500 for a complete sporterized version would be reasonable.

Also the 030 gas piston and puck is a bit different from a regular S12.http://forum.saiga-12.com/uploads/monthly_10_2010/post-20332-023523200%201286883042_thumb.jpg

post-20332-023523200 1286883042_thumb.jpg

post-20332-099995300 1286883252_thumb.jpg

post-20332-016356500 1286883314_thumb.jpg

Edited by blackshoesnipe

WOW! That is a much better gas system! By extending the op rod to nearly the front of the piston, the tendency of the piston to rock in the bore and bind is eliminated. The swell in the op rod where the piston would be in an AK serves to keep the op rod centered,the same as all AK's.

I would bet that fouling is less of a problem also, as the piston should center itself better, blowing the cylinder bore clean.

Edited by G O B
  • 2 months later...

No U.S.A company will import the barrel, it's a shame that no one wiil step up.

*US MARKET: Due to the fact that Saiga-12-030 project was primarily designed for the US market, the conversion parts kits have to be distributed through an official US importer, who (as required by US law) has to be Type 08 or Type 11 FFL and a class 1 SOT (special occupational taxpayer) The ATF Form 6 application form is only allowed to be filled-in by the above US-based registered importer of firearms. As for today: 18th Oct'10 we have been unable to identify such an importer willing to help us with our 030 kits.. All the kits have now been ordered from the factory including barrels.. but we'll be unable to ship barrels if the potential importer is not found.. As for the UK market - the 430mm barrels are NOT for sale in the UK as they are too short to comply with UK law requirements

Edited by havok

Red Dragon Weapons is importing a limited batch of complete sporter version 030's, so there will at least be some of these types of S12's in the US around February-ish.

I had spoken with Oleg about the parts when he first listed them on RusMilitary, he said that the parts are not compatible with our standard IZ109 type S12's. The barrels themselves are apparently different, front trunnion and other parts as well so it wasn't clear at all how these could be adapted to what we have over here. If thats true and I understood him correctly, it probably wouldn't matter if someone imported the barrels too...they don't seem like they will fit the IZ109 receiver.

Z

Edited by TX-Zen