7.62x39 Draco blew up.

My theory on it (more like a somewhat educated guess). Is that it could have been a squib round that was followed by a regular round.

EDIT: Yeah I was getting that strange feeling I had seen that video before. Guess I had.

Hasnt this been posted before.

If the search option didnt blow BALLZ so much I would find it and link it, but it does. I searched, it sucks.

not hating but I do recall this, wasnt it actually you that posted it Buzz? Its been a long time ago. Cant remember but I think it was in the Other AK rifles thread.

But anyawys, regardless what was the outcome of it? I dont remember.

This dejavu shit gets on my nerves, they say im too old for TIAs but im starting to believe im having them.

Can I use a life line?

I call on Nalioth.

Edited by Chevyman097

AHA! I did it!!!

http://forum.saiga-1...=1

Be proud be very proud!

Either way, thats all non topic here. Just had to get it off my chest! carry on folks :lolol:

Damn Nalioth, I think I almost related to you on this one. :haha2:

P.S. Bigsal I still hate you.

Edited by Chevyman097

I'd like to see a shot strait down the barrel. If it was a squib followed by a full power round, there should be at least a bulge in the barrel. I don't believe this to be "fatigue" failure on the receiver, it looks like an over pressure issue. Weather that's due to a squib with a chaser, or if that's due to an over powdered cartridge, it's the pressure that caused the bolt to come back with such force, it wedged open that receiver.

i had a WSAR that snapped the left side trunnion lug exactly like the viedo ,i knew something was wrong and pulled it apart and the left trunnion lug fell out in my hand with part of the serial number on it , no injury no other part of the rifle distorted in any way shape or form .

it got welded up into a dummy gun , all i can figure is that during heat treatment it was not drawn back from RC 60 to the normal 43-45 hardness for a receiver`s locking lug area.

the tell tale was inspection of the break zone like pictured it was clean and fine grained ,showed no discolored area that would indicate the start of a crack leading to ultimate failure.

Hmmmm that is interesting.

I'm reminded of this oldie:

century.jpg

Ah yes, the myth continues. . .

You do realize the Draco is only imported by Century, and they don't do anything to it besides log it in and out?

It's a pistol and not subject to 922r.

It is imported in the same condition you buy it in - no monkeying done to it by Century.

Ah yes, the myth continues. . .

You do realize the Draco is only imported by Century, and they don't do anything to it besides log it in and out?

It's a pistol and not subject to 922r.

It is imported in the same condition you buy it in - no monkeying done to it by Century.

Never even thought about to tell you the truth, but I get it now. In Mass we can't own them since they're not on the approved roster list so I've never checked one out.

• 1 month later...

I am not sure this had anything to do with this but I have not seen it posted before even though it was last year and it might help someone so here goes.

http://www.centuryarms.com/notice/Draco%20Warning%20Notice%20Century%20Arms.pdf

May 2009

Re: HG1916-N Draco Pistol

WARNING AND NOTICE

It has come to our attention that some Draco pistols may exhibit intermittent hammer

and sear engagement. In order to correct this issue, we are replacing the hammer and

sear on all Draco pistols. Century will cover all shipping and repair costs associated with

this program. A failure to upgrade the Draco pistol with the new hammer and sear

could result in a firearm malfunction, including but not limited to, personal injury

and property damage.

If you have a Draco pistol, please contact us at (800) 270-2767 to obtain a return

authorization number. If the pistol has been sold or transferred, please provide us with

the name, address and contact information of the purchaser(s). We will contact them

directly.

We appreciate your cooperation in this matter and hope to have this situation

resolved as quickly as possible.

By saying personal injury, I can't think of anything else except an out of battery ignition.

If this is true, then most any semiauto AK would be vulnerable to this too.

The rear carrier stub is suppose to prevent this so this is an odd claim.

A tapco g2 group might fix this problem faster than shipping it to century.

If someone has a picture of their draco trigger group, maybe they can point out what is different

from a regular semiauto trigger group that would cause a malfunction.

Edited by my762buzz