What sort of stocks are available for converted s12s?

After having my s.308 for a year and a half, and having done a very successful conversion, I finally got my s12. I'm mostly wanting it as a "for fun" gun, though if I can get it short enough, I might end up making it a pack gun.

So. . . I'm looking for stocks for a s12, and ideally pictures of S12s with the stocks on 'em. Ideally I'm looking for an underfolder, but side or topfolders would be useful. Aside from that. . . any other stock that is useful/interesting on converted s12s.

Any experiences with mounting or using these stocks would be appreciated.

Call me old fassioned, but I really like laminate wood.

This is an AK, chambered in 12 gauge. That's what makes it so cool.

It makes a great "tacticool" gun too, don't get me wrong, but with the wood on it, it really hits you as what it is.

Done1.jpg

I plan on getting a 7.62x39mm to do in black, or maybe wood with a triangle folder, but for my S-12, I like wood all around.

I may eventually get around to putting an AK RSB & upper hand-guard on, but probably not.

I like the exposed gas tube & pistol sights to quickly distinguish it from the AKs... That being said, I would like it as a full on AK looking conversion with AK-74 style break making up an 18.25" barrel length too.

I think the AK-74 style break would look better with an AK RSB.

But back to your topic, another thing about the laminate wood... It's the best for buttstroking! :D

Edited by Paulyski

So. . . I'm looking for stocks for a s12, and ideally pictures of S12s with the stocks on 'em.

Have you even looked around here a little bit?

Every subforum has a stickied picture thread. The nice thing about Saigas is that the same stock fits all of them, so you can look through ALL the different picture threads for "the right stock".

Here's the S12 thread to get you started: Picture Post, Lets see your Saiga 12! - Saiga-12.com

So. . . I'm looking for stocks for a s12, and ideally pictures of S12s with the stocks on 'em.

Have you even looked around here a little bit?

Every subforum has a stickied picture thread. The nice thing about Saigas is that the same stock fits all of them, so you can look through ALL the different picture threads for "the right stock".

Here's the S12 thread to get you started: Picture Post, Lets see your Saiga 12! - Saiga-12.com

Been around for a year and a half, including converting my .308 based on one of the faqs here. So. . . yes? Issue I have with the general photo threads is that often there isn't a lot of information about what was done. If someone shoehorned an underfolder from a different gun system in, it isn't really all that useful for me with limited space and tools. Thus asking.

Paulski: That is indeed a pretty s12, and if I were planning on doing something where weight and size weren't as much of an issue, I would seriously look into comissioning one of the members here to make some furniture for me. But as I said in the OP, I'm considering making this a pack-gun, which leaves out heavy/long wood furniture.

I don't mean to go all Nalioth on you but apparently in you mind you were being alot more descriptive than we were reading. With your "pack gun" statement alone you apparently rule out all collapsible options and all fixed options. If you want pics side folders you can find oodles of them the aforementioned link. As to the Under/over folder idea are going to come up with little to nothing on a S12 due to the corollary between ergonomics and intelligence. If you absolutely must have an underfolder look in the pic thread under the 7.62x39 forum. But then again later you mention limited space and tools so uf/ofs are out. You don't work for the government do you? I am positive I have read some of your work in the 1040 handbook.

In regards to your most recent post:

IMO a under or over folder will not be a fun gun as originally hoped for due to recoil pain as well as the gas system failure when you can't take the punishment and hip-fire giving the gas system nothing to work against.

In conclusion be specific if you want opinions on underfolders say so. If you wand pics of underfolders say so. The same goes for side folders; be specific.