Chaos quad rail question

QUAD_SIGHTS.jpg

I ordered this quad set up from chaos and its been over two weeks and they say its on back order . When I ordered it the web site said nothing about it being on back order so I contacted them last thursday to see what the eta on shipping was and they said another week :eek: . Has anybody else ordered this same quad or dealt with chaos and had this issue , I'm just trying to figure out why they didn't pre-warn me about the back order before purchase and if this is typical of them

Thanks

QUAD_SIGHTS.jpg

I ordered this quad set up from chaos and its been over two weeks and they say its on back order . When I ordered it the web site said nothing about it being on back order so I contacted them last thursday to see what the eta on shipping was and they said another week :eek: . Has anybody else ordered this same quad or dealt with chaos and had this issue , I'm just trying to figure out why they didn't pre-warn me about the back order before purchase and if this is typical of them

Thanks

Which website did you order it from?

Chaos is a small, family run business so it takes them a while to restock when product runs out. Waiting for their stuff is common but it's always worth the wait with them.

QUAD_SIGHTS.jpg

Thanks

Our website does state these are on back order under the availability tab, guess you just didn't see it. These are coming right along and will be finishing up shortly. If you feel you can't wait another week then I would be glad to refund you, just PM your order info.

• Like 2

QUAD_SIGHTS.jpg

Thanks

Our website does state these are on back order under the availability tab, guess you just didn't see it. These are coming right along and will be finishing up shortly. If you feel you can't wait another week then I would be glad to refund you, just PM your order info.

Is it only a week back order or it is only another week for that guy since he has been waiting?? I'm about to buy 1 right now but i'm trying to find out what the wait time is.

I'm interested in this rail system also. Can you tell me the difference between the Chaos rail and UTG. I had the UTG on my AK47 but would like to have the chaos on my S12. I appreciate any feedback or actual review. Thanks.

UTG is great. I use it on all my airsoft guns.

Seriously. The aluminium they use for their rail systems is garbage. It doesn't compare to the Chaos rail. You can get a Chaos rail with low profile sights built in, which is wicked. The UTG is fine if your Saiga will go from the gun safe, into a padded gun carrier, to the range, and back.

If you and your Saiga go on more of an adventure than that, it won't take many bumps to damage and burr the teeth of the rails.

UTG ships loads of free rail covers for a reason.

Even then, under recoil, if you have any heavier accessories mounted, the teeth get chewed up anyhow. I had a UTG rail on my M1A for an outing. I shot 120 rds and couldn't get it zeroed. I thought the rail was moving, which it may have been - but I found my scope rings had chewed up the top rail pretty good, as well.

Either way, its garbage.

QUAD_SIGHTS.jpg

Thanks

Haven't bought the quad from them yet but I did buy a brake and puck a whiles back(from chaos main site), IMO worth the wait. I believe other vendors on this site also carry chaos products so if you dont want to wait and dont mind possibly paying a little more check them out.

Seriously. The aluminium they use for their rail systems is garbage. It doesn't compare to the Chaos rail. You can get a Chaos rail with low profile sights built in, which is wicked. The UTG is fine if your Saiga will go from the gun safe, into a padded gun carrier, to the range, and back.

If you and your Saiga go on more of an adventure than that, it won't take many bumps to damage and burr the teeth of the rails.

UTG ships loads of free rail covers for a reason.

Even then, under recoil, if you have any heavier accessories mounted, the teeth get chewed up anyhow. I had a UTG rail on my M1A for an outing. I shot 120 rds and couldn't get it zeroed. I thought the rail was moving, which it may have been - but I found my scope rings had chewed up the top rail pretty good, as well.

Either way, its garbage.

not to bash on the chaos rail or anything i like mine alot but in my experience to be honest i wasn't really happy with the hardness of the top rail, i haven't contacted chaos b/c overall i am happy with it and its not that big a deal BUT when i got it i mounted a tasco red dot BY HAND, just screwed it down tight by hand and I'm no super man. but i tightened it as tight as i could. after i took the tasco off i found it had burred up one of the teeth. so when i put it back on i tried not to tighten as tight in fact it was so loose after a few shots it came loose BUT it still made indents in the rail! and it was the next slot so i had two marks!! it was from the cross bolt rubbing the top of the teeth on the rail. it really looked bad cuz it pressed the top corner of the teeth up so it wasn't flat anymore, i actually took a file and filed the burrs back down and tried to repaint it. also i just took a MI rail mount sling loop off my AR, (for the first time) there was a marr on the finish from the bolt, after mounting it in the same spot on the chaos, tightly but not overly tight. i removed it just to check and it left an indent in the bottom of the slot, the same place it only marred the finish on my troy rail??? i don't have alot of experience with aluminum rail systems other than the Troy rail on my AR and i had the same tasco mounted on it WITHOUT burring up the teeth, in fact no noticeable marks at all. anybody else notice it don't seem that hard? overall I'm satisfied with my chaos rail and as i said I'm not bashing the rail, its defiantly a great rail for what i paid. in fact I'm sure its the best rail system there is for the saiga-12. just adding my experience in reference to hardness, you cant go wrong with the chaos rail just don't think its indestructible.

edit to add**once again its a great rail system, worth way more than what i paid for it! im not complaining in public without contacting the business first, b/c im not complaining. just sharing my experience regarding hardness of said rail. other than that its GREAT in everyway.

Edited by big-J

I wish there would be a version without the sides, just bottom and top rail, that way its lighter and slimmer.. Just a thought.

Nerveless, great rail. Weights a little bit on a heavy side (Because of all the rails)

Is it just me or does everyone who have one, has to unscrew or loosen the top rail in order to field strip the shotgun?

Chaos keep making great products.