Promag Saiga 12 magazines?

Are the 10 round Saiga 12 Promag magazines any good? What about Gen 2 AGP 10 round magazines? The only other brand I know of is Surefire, but I haven't been able to find any really good deals on Surefire mags lately, but if they are the better magazine I will wait and get those. Just looking for some advice from you experienced guys :up:

I've got AGP 10's, Surefire 8's(cut down from 10's), Izzy and Taiwanese 5's. I really like my AGPs, though they did need a bit of sanding at the top back ramp. The Surefires worked well but were a bit long and I nipped the ribs off them.

• Like 1

I just got a promag 12 rd "nutsack" in the mail and the instructions said I might have to fit my mag to my gun. Luckily I didn't have to & it locked right in. And fed well too. I had the same with the promag 5 round stick mags. Lucky me. You all scared me away from the 8 & 10 rounders...

Of those 3 brand you mentioned.........stick with the AGP and Surefires, as far as affordable stick mags go. You can do a search about why the ProMag stick mags are frowned upon by many (including myself).

If you've got the money and patience to wait to find them......like Pauly said, go for the factory Russian 8 rounders.

• Like 1

Never had a problem with my 2 Surefires.

My 2 Promag 12s couldn't launch a Vienna sausage up the column if the world depended on it (just like the 2 pistol mags I bought over the years). Can't hand cycle more than 3 rounds, even after mild sanding and silicone spraying.

Anyone want to buy 2 almost unused Promags for $15 each? :)

My 2 Promag 12s couldn't launch a Vienna sausage up the column if the world depended on it (just like the 2 pistol mags I bought over the years). Can't hand cycle more than 3 rounds, even after mild sanding and silicone spraying.

I would buy them, if they are not "grinded" down to your gun yet...what sizes also (stick magazines or drums?).

I got a couple + drums and they work just fine on my saiga :| ?

Edited by HappYBallZ

I would buy them, if they are not "grinded" down to your gun yet...what sizes also (stick magazines or drums?).

I got a couple + drums and they work just fine on my saiga :| ?

Thanks, but I sold them locally.