If you are buying a saiga you better do it now

So we've all been watching the prices of Saiga's drop lately. well theyre as low as theyre getting. While i was in the local gun shop the other day the dealers told me everyone is selling out of Saiga's lately and all models are going up by %18 percent in price.

However, i have no legit written down proof of this, but i just ordered a .308 today and Greg from CSS also told me they are going up by 28 bucks. Yeah, $28, no big deal. but anyone else like me that was waiting to see exactly how low they would go is done waiting. Apparently Russia wants more money. If you're going to buy, now's the best time. Just a heads up.

• Like 2

Eh, people seem to be realizing that even in its sporter condition, it's a great buy. When they realize they can have a high quality AK for another $100-150 and about 45 minutes of time (if that), they jump on them like hot-cakes. Saiga have been getting more and more popular as time goes on. Hell, a few years ago, they were going in the mid 200s. Prices raise, but thanks for the update man. I really wanna get my hands on that 5.45x39 if I can soon.

No offense to gun dealers, but when I hear them tell me something is going to go up in price I tend to take that as "sales talk" unless I can verify it some other way. Of course even a stopped clock is right twice a day so it could be true.

• Like 2

I was always told NEVER trust a used car salesman. Same applies to anyone in the business of selling things he/she will make money off of. :unsure:

Sorry but just because you are my regular dealer, I prefer you over others, and like your prices and attitude.....doesnt mean I believe everything or should believe everything you say.

Well true, but as far as the situation was, he was in no situation to lie. I was asking if he could do a transfer for CSS. he told me he could get the gun and asked me what price i had. i told him 450. he called his supplier and said they had none in stock, didnt know when they would get any...and when they do get some they will be on an 18% price increase. Because of the situation he said CSS would be the better option for me and he would let me use his license for the transfer if i wanted to order from CSS.

Then after ordering from Greg at CSS he also said they are going up.

But as a business major i understand how sales work, thats for sure. Im just throwing out there what ive heard from dealers that i believe are telling the truth. It may be true they used to be lower in price, but in my experience...when a price increase occurs, it is usually the first of many. 28 bucks isnt much to save, but to me its shipping so...

like i said, just throwing it out there. made me jump to order mine...so if they were in fact lying...the local dealer lost my business and i have a new .308.....guess they got me.

Well true, but as far as the situation was, he was in no situation to lie. I was asking if he could do a transfer for CSS. he told me he could get the gun and asked me what price i had. i told him 450. he called his supplier and said they had none in stock, didnt know when they would get any...and when they do get some they will be on an 18% price increase. Because of the situation he said CSS would be the better option for me and he would let me use his license for the transfer if i wanted to order from CSS.

Just impo. This is one thing I notice that sticks out. How much does he LET you use his license for. IMO its not letting anyone use a license. If you pay for it, it is business. He is making a sale, be it a transfer fee or a gun off the self.

Just curious how much a tranfer fee with said dealer?

Not hating on your dealer, just making conversation.

Just impo. This is one thing I notice that sticks out. How much does he LET you use his license for. IMO its not letting anyone use a license. If you pay for it, it is business. He is making a sale, be it a transfer fee or a gun off the self.

oh no, he's not MY dealer. by all means, fire away.

well, honestly...in my small town we have 3 gun shops. The one i went to is the only one that has an actual STORE. They are stuck up, and only truly help people that are their type, and i honestly am not one of them. their type is the classic old timer remington shooter...and im 20, so im just some punk kid looking for an assault rifle. ive actually experimented by walking in after work with my construction clothes on and got treated much better. so trust me, they DONT get my business....for statements just like that. it turned me off too. unfortunately, they blew everyone elses prices out of the water with the 7.62 saiga so i purchased from them. i was trying to see if they could do the same on a .308. once they said they couldnt, i went to another shop to do a transfer. but just for shits and giggles, they wanted 30 bucks for "use of their FFL". the shop i ordered from today wanted 10 or 15. cant remember, plus i didnt get AS MUCH of an attitude. Make no mistake, none of the dealers around here dont have an attitude.

oh no, he's not MY dealer. by all means, fire away.

well, honestly...in my small town we have 3 gun shops. The one i went to is the only one that has an actual STORE. They are stuck up, and only truly help people that are their type, and i honestly am not one of them. their type is the classic old timer remington shooter...and im 20, so im just some punk kid looking for an assault rifle. ive actually experimented by walking in after work with my construction clothes on and got treated much better. so trust me, they DONT get my business....for statements just like that. it turned me off too. unfortunately, they blew everyone elses prices out of the water with the 7.62 saiga so i purchased from them. i was trying to see if they could do the same on a .308. once they said they couldnt, i went to another shop to do a transfer. but just for shits and giggles, they wanted 30 bucks for "use of their FFL". the shop i ordered from today wanted 10 or 15. cant remember, plus i didnt get AS MUCH of an attitude. Make no mistake, none of the dealers around here dont have an attitude.

10-15 for a transfer fee, VERY reasonable and would be more than willing to do business, hell 25 is even decent in some parts ive heard. I have been so burned out of dealers thinking THEY are doing my some kind of favor charging 40-50 bucks for a simple transfer fee that cost them no more than 15 minutes( i have even heard of crazy prices of upper 100s). Very unreasonable. They went into business to get the ffl that allows them to sell and transfer fire arms. They are doing me no favor, they are only doing the business they chose to do. Dont get me wrong, by all means they have the right to choose their own prices. I just get disgusted with ffls that try and exploit their license and shit talk people who most the time know more than them about what they are buying. My ffl charges me 10 bucks per firearm. As a fellow gun owner he loves arming more citizens. Wish more were like him, great guy. I always tip him because he is a stand up guy. GL btw im just rambling on. lol

moral of the strory, I guess lol. I get tired of getting the "im doing you a favor" thrown in my face. Has happened so many times and i just walk out. Folks will try and haggle and bullshit anyone. Dont bullshit me. I wont bullshit you. Ill just take your favors up the road and do business. :smoke:

Anyways enough of all that. I still dunno about this 18% increase. I dunno just skeptical because they could either make a sale today or make one in a few months. Im betting they are wanting to make a sale now.

10-15 for a transfer fee, VERY reasonable and would be more than willing to do business, hell 25 is even decent in some parts ive heard. I have been so burned out of dealers thinking THEY are doing my some kind of favor charging 40-50 bucks for a simple transfer fee that cost them no more than 15 minutes( i have even heard of crazy prices of upper 100s). Very unreasonable. They went into business to get the ffl that allows them to sell and transfer fire arms. They are doing me no favor, they are only doing the business they chose to do. Dont get me wrong, by all means they have the right to choose their own prices. I just get disgusted with ffls that try and exploit their license and shit talk people who most the time know more than them about what they are buying. My ffl charges me 10 bucks per firearm. As a fellow gun owner he loves arming more citizens. Wish more were like him, great guy. I always tip him because he is a stand up guy. GL btw im just rambling on. lol

moral of the strory, I guess lol. I get tired of getting the "im doing you a favor" thrown in my face. Has happened so many times and i just walk out. Folks will try and haggle and bullshit anyone. Dont bullshit me. I wont bullshit you. Ill just take your favors up the road and do business. :smoke:

Anyways enough of all that. I still dunno about this 18% increase. I dunno just skeptical because they could either make a sale today or make one in a few months. Im betting they are wanting to make a sale now.

I ran into an FFL once that wanted $30 plus 2% of the sales price of the gun. I was a soldier at the time, deployed to Iraq, and contacted a different FFL in the area. Sportsman's Warehouse did it for free and held them for months before I came home to pick them up my toys.

• 1 month later...

So we've all been watching the prices of Saiga's drop lately. well theyre as low as theyre getting. While i was in the local gun shop the other day the dealers told me everyone is selling out of Saiga's lately and all models are going up by %18 percent in price.

However, i have no legit written down proof of this, but i just ordered a .308 today and Greg from CSS also told me they are going up by 28 bucks. Yeah, $28, no big deal. but anyone else like me that was waiting to see exactly how low they would go is done waiting. Apparently Russia wants more money. If you're going to buy, now's the best time. Just a heads up.

I have to disagree. The prices have gone up on them while most firearms' prices have plummeted. Russia will sell them to us as long as we'll buy them for more than $200. I'll wait it out.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

About three weeks ago I was ready to but a new Saiga 7.62x39. I put off ordering till the weekend. Bad mistake.

I screwed up and waited 2 days too long and the price went up $45 ... from $354 to $399. It seems to be holding there.

I was lucky the FFL fee only cost me $15.

I still feel that we are in something of a bubble with saiga rifle/shotgun prices.

I have a theory that many of these guns are ending up in stock rooms of small gun shops around the country, they are holding them as an investment. If the ATF does not stop importation I'm going to bet you will see prices fall back down a fair amount.

Ive seen a lot for 379 from many vendors. I dont know what is wrong with that price at all. Pretty dang good if you ask me. Now the shotguns are a different story but thats expected.

Lets be honest. The days of "cheap" firearms are over. But ill still pay 400 any day for one. You cant get many guns these days for under 500.

note, this is on topic with the last couple posts. i dont even remember what the OP was about didnt go that far back up lol.

Edited by Chevyman097

Local dealer here sells Saiga .308's for 499. The same rifle sold for 369 a year ago. Other calibers are roughly the same price there. As much as I wanted another x39, I just can't bring myself to do it when I still have to sink $$ into a conversion. My cash is better spent on ammo and training with what I have right now.

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I purchased my saiga .223 for $415 ($470 out the door after everything) last February. And when I came back to pick it up after the 10 day waiting period the price on the rifle went from $415 to $465.

Also thinking about getting one in .308 because I found a gun store 40 minutes from my house that sells them for $460+ tax and backround check.

• 4 weeks later...