Recoil Pads

Thats the slip on ones I was talking about.( the ones Mark Mallek posted) For some reason I cant get my AK-100 style pics to load as soon as I can I will post them.

Edit: Got it to work

Edited by SCHULTZE

no offense but I don't get it, I'm not what you'ld call a strongman(I'mthe french type guy, the kind you americans imagine we are, 1.78m/65kg) but I can handle the recoil of the saiga very well, even with magnum, what is the use of this recoil pad ?

I have the fiber folding factory stock.

no offense but I don't get it, I'm not what you'ld call a strongman(I'mthe french type guy, the kind you americans imagine we are, 1.78m/65kg) but I can handle the recoil of the saiga very well, even with magnum, what is the use of this recoil pad ?

We don't think Frenchmen are weak, we think they stink. :lolol: Or at least that's what I've been told. (just kidding). The recoil doesn't usually bother me either, but there are times when a little more cushion would be nice if I'm shooting a lot. à chacun ses goûts

It's so the girls aren't scared of it as much. :up:

Kinda like a 3' padded sissy-bar on a bike. It makes the girls more comfortable when you just lean against them & peg them to it while riding, but in all reality it's more troublesome than learning proper technique...

But at least your scooter looks cool & you get to rest on boobs with the sissy-bar. ;)

I have the one pictured below, but I only slip it on for the ladies.

I shoot with a Warsaw length stock, so the added length of the pad makes it feel too long, like a NATO length does to me.

(And I'm 6'1" 210 lbs with long arms.. I guess it's just what you're used to)

Mine is a UTG like most of the vendors here sell. I would advise shaving all the little points off the rear with a razor blade, as they're quite uncomfortably hard & sharp if you're shooting in a thin shirt.

It works by simply dispersing the force of recoil over a larger footprint.

Gundog1.jpg

Edited by Paulyski

This 'Pussy Pad' is for your wife correct?

Unless you are testing 3 inch slugs all day long Man Up! Pull that fugger TIGHT and place it CORRECTLY on your shoulder.

Why dont you share what the proper technique is for running thru 200+ rounds of 12g and not ending up with a bruised shoulder at the end of the day.

My normal day of shooting the S12 consists os 2 100 round packs of Winchester universal (1325fps steel shot) and a handful of 5 pack boxes of full power RIO #4 buck. End of day = bruised shoulder and a large grin on my face.

Edited by Mullet Man

Why dont you share what the proper technique is for running thru 200+ rounds of 12g and not ending up with a bruised shoulder at the end of the day.

1 handed, extended....

Otherwise, it's a 12 gauge...

It's gonna leave a mark regardless of what you do.

If you get something really soft, it won't be durable & butt-stroking will be ineffective.

I guess that's why people say "grow a pair".

It takes a little getting used to, but doesn't bother you much when you get used to it... Or once one "grows a pair".

The Russians have a pad that is stackable and has hard inserts for length of pull adjustment. They came on the Saiga-12.com sidefolder but they are no longer listed nor could I find the pad or LOP hard inserts recently.

Mac?

1 handed, extended....

Otherwise, it's a 12 gauge...

It's gonna leave a mark regardless of what you do.

If you get something really soft, it won't be durable & butt-stroking will be ineffective.

I guess that's why people say "grow a pair".

It takes a little getting used to, but doesn't bother you much when you get used to it... Or once one "grows a pair".

Oh i know and thats what i'm saying, if you run thru a couple hundred rounds you're gonna get bruised because "its a 12g". I dont use a pad altho i have thought of trying one of the slip ons at some point. I'd prolly have to switch back to a Warsaw stock with one to get the LOP back to how i like it, like the NATO length stock.

Had one on my Yugo M70AB2 for a while.

AKfolded.jpg

Was very hard rubber,somewhat heavy and could not fold/unfold with magazine in place. Took it off and sold it.

I have THIS 1" ONE from CSS on my S12.

I added a few holes to make it cushier. (special technique required)

Works great!

DSCN3020-1.jpg

Edited by one2za
  • 2 months later...