Recoil Pads

SCHULTZE,

Where did your get you recoil pads and how do they attach?

I got them off of gunbroker payed 50 each they replace the steel endplate on the AK-100 stocks and screw on.

I got one of these and don't understand how it works. First, the rubber button spot, for pushing the unlock button on the stock doesn't reach the button. It seems to need another part, like a short length of dowel, for you to be able to reach the button through the recoil pad. Second, the place for the latch to catch is in a different place on the recoil pad, as compared to the standard stock. I checked it on both a Bulgarian and a Russian Izhmash stock. The metal ones have a longer spot for the latch, so when I put the recoil pad on, it doesn't come anywhere near the latch. Is there a second part, to 'extend' the reach of the button, so pushing on the rubber spot actually reaches the latch release button thingie? And why isn't the latch spot the same on the pad as it is on the metal buttplate?

I guess some pics might help illustrate what I'm talking about, but I don't have any.

I really don't get all the macho malarkey.

I know that guy above must really like his "Buttstroking" but that sounds like improper technique to me.

Improved ergonomics are better. If you really buy into this "be a man, use something painful and clumsy," why aren't you using a pupm gun with a wood stock? The S12 appeals to people who want a better shotgun even if it is different from what they are used to.

I really don't get all the macho malarkey.

I know that guy above must really like his "Buttstroking" but that sounds like improper technique to me.

Improved ergonomics are better. If you really buy into this "be a man, use something painful and clumsy," why aren't you using a pupm gun with a wood stock? The S12 appeals to people who want a better shotgun even if it is different from what they are used to.

Amen brother

Pay no attention to the guys for whom the S12 is a range toy to try and prove their machismo. A good pad can aid in making the shotgun more controllable and faster back on target.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

my apologies if posting this link is against forum rules, but here are some that I personally prefer, FSE USA, they fit everything.

http://www.fseusa.co...c499ab465a91a3e

How do you get it on the Saiga 12 stock? Mine doesn't want to slip on and I've got the factory setup. Seems like it's just too small to fit.