Pardon my ignorance but I never knew Remington made hand guns. I saw an ad for the Remington 1911 R1 in the newspaper that I work for when I came in today. Do we know anything about its rep? Comments? Opinions? :killer:

All I can say is that I picked one up at the local gun show a few weeks back, and I did not care for it one bit. I figured they'd make the classic M1911 or M1911A1, but instead they basically made a Colt match gun. The feel was so off, it just didn't fit right. Others may feel different, but that's just me. I have a '43 Remington-Rand, and I love it.

Pardon my ignorance but I never knew Remington made hand guns. I saw an ad for the Remington 1911 R1 in the newspaper that I work for when I came in today. Do we know anything about its rep? Comments? Opinions? :killer:

All I can say is that I picked one up at the local gun show a few weeks back, and I did not care for it one bit. I figured they'd make the classic M1911 or M1911A1, but instead they basically made a Colt match gun. The feel was so off, it just didn't fit right. Others may feel different, but that's just me. I have a '43 Remington-Rand, and I love it.

Much Appreciated comments ValFanatic90! :D