Hunting Ammo Recomendations for S308

So, I am planning on taking my S308 deer hunting this year. When she gets back from the gunsmith's, my rifle is going to have a 19.8" barrel and a 9 degree target crown. In my hunting environment, shots beyond 200 yards are possible, but unlikely. What kind of ammo is better suited for the particular characteristics of Saiga 308? I am mostly talking about grain-wise... Should I go for 150, 165 or 180 grain bullets?

I am also wondering whether I should use SPs or HPs. I've dropped deer using SP 7.62x39 mm and 7.62x54R rounds before, and in both cases, the bullets went through, not causing a lot of bleeding through either the entry or exit holes (though causing enough damage). Both were under 100 yard shots. I am wondering whether HP rounds would be a better match, as far as delivering the most kinetic energy on target, causing more bleeding and generally being safer (not that I would take a shot if I had any doubt as to what's behind the target).

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dunno, have used 180gr Norma Oryx for elk, though I have shot only one and it was a heart shot. .308Win is quite popular here for elk hunting and most factory ammo are 180gr. .308's considered to be a bit on the small side for elk nowadays but it works, most elk are shot at distances under 100m so I guess deer shouldn't be a problem.

I reload the 165 grain Hornady SST's, they seem to work well. AMAX's should also work well, even though its not technically a hunting round, I have heard of explosive expantion with these, due to the thinner jacket.

But yea, Hornady all the way, but anything should work fine. Maybe test a few different rounds for accuracy out of your gun and pick one that groups best.

I ended up ordering a few boxes of these from MidwayUSA: Remington Express Ammunition 308 Winchester 150 Grain Core-Lokt Pointed Soft Point Box of 20

The reviews for it are good. I decided to go with 150 gr, because my training ammo is 150 gr and hopefully, I will not have to adjust my scope too much for these SPs.

Anyone have any idea WTF "Core-Lokt" is?