Saiga 30/06 tapco converison

This is my converted Saiga 100 series 30/06 with ak forends and tapco t-6 stock. It also has a mojo sight installed. And for any purists out there I have not modified the rifle in anyway, and it can always go back to original configuration. Thanks Kira. P.S. sorry for the crappy pics I used a web cam.

Saiga3006stock.jpg

Saiga3006rightside.jpg

Saiga3006leftside.jpg

• Like 2

I bought it from a pawnshop actually for around 450$ OTD. When I first fired the gun it would shoot the dust cover off and hit me in the face. I sent it back to the factory to be fixed and they installed a spring to it just like an s-12 has. I emailed the factory trying to get some extra mags and found out this rifle is one in 50 imported, and thats why none are to be found. Since it is in such low supply my options on the conversion were quite low with out extensive modification to the rifle. I would like to cut the barrel and thread it and do several other things, but because of its rarity this gun will remain untouched. With the mojo sights I can easily nail water bottles at 75 yards (longest area for me to shoot at right now) all day long. I have shot Remington 165 grain psp, federal 180 grain sp, m2 ball, and some lake city black tip ammo. All functioned fine in the rifle.

• Like 1

I used the tapco stock because it was an extra I had lying around. I use the t6 on my mossberg and my sks, so its perfect for my muscle memory. I thought about getting a different stock, but see no reason to, as this one works and functions fine. My future plans for this rifle include maybe getting a scope for it, and right now I and my father are fabricating some stamped steel 10 round magazines for it. These magazines have taken some time to work on, but as soon as I get some done and running I will post some pics, and maybe a video.

• 1 month later...

My future plans for this rifle include maybe getting a scope for it, and right now I and my father are fabricating some stamped steel 10 round magazines for it. These magazines have taken some time to work on, but as soon as I get some done and running I will post some pics, and maybe a video.

Being a fellow 3006 owner, am very interested in how those magazines work out.

• 10 months later...

My future plans for this rifle include maybe getting a scope for it, and right now I and my father are fabricating some stamped steel 10 round magazines for it. These magazines have taken some time to work on, but as soon as I get some done and running I will post some pics, and maybe a video.

Being a fellow 3006 owner, am very interested in how those magazines work out.

And, almost a year later, would still like to see the results of the magazine fabrication.