Got my 1st Left Handed gun / 1100

My new (to me) 1100 works but in the current configuration it's kind of useless. (Photo/s to follow shortly).

Picked it up for $200.00 because I shoot lefty and no one else did.

The only issue is the long bar in the receiver that works with the load gate to stop or release shells from the mag tube is not staked in anymore (it's also held in place by the front trigger group pin) so when you remove the trigger group getting it back in is a pain in the ass.

The receiver is marked TRAP and the stock doesn't have the full Monte Carlo style raised cheek bit but it does seem high, might have to sand it down some.

The 30" full choke barrel has a raised rib not as high as some I've seen on trap guns but higher than I'm use to. A 30" and full is not something I need in a barrel unless I take up trap so I may have it cut to about 24", crowned, and threaded for chokes. I've been looking for a 2nd barrel but they are most common in the 30" like I have and cost as much as the gun did.

But with a $200.00 start I figure I can put in a few dollars and still be ahead on this gun.

There are some dings and a few rough spots but overall it's in damn good condition for a starting point of a 3 gun and/or skeet /clays 12 ga. (Photos of completed gun to follow later)

Just ordered a 21” slug barrel not really what I wanted but price was right and they had it sitting there, left handed barrels are getting hard to come by.

here it is in the before shot with my 1100 20 ga special field, it's a mite long for my taste.

I was thinking about sending it to get it set up as a card shooter barrel or cut and tapped for Rem Choke but I may just cut it to about 24" and use it for skeet / the cheap way to go. Got a 21" smooth slug barrel with rifle sights and Rem Choked for tac and buck / turkey even so gotta stop spending for a while.

I’ve thought about this and come to this decision:

While I don’t think there will be a time in my life that a left handed Remington 1100 trap gun will gain a butt load of value it would be nice to have the original set up available. So to this end I’m keeping the 30” full choke barrel as is.

With the Rem-Choked 21” smooth bore rifle sighted slug barrel I got a rifled choke and a couple of the Remington ventilator choke tubes at .655” ID this gives a useable 2 3/4” turkey gun ability as well as a 3-gun if I bore one out to about .720” and pick up a few more chokes.

When time and money are available I’ll look at getting a vent ribbed 3rd barrel with Rem-Choke at about 24” to 26” or cut and modify one to use for skeet and clays.

post-26137-075775500 1287536502_thumb.jpg

Edited by Saiga20mags.com
  • 2 weeks later...

the 12s as a group

L to R:

Card shooting / turkey shoot gun 36” bull barrel from “the Gun Barrel Guy”

H/K Fabarm Red Lion

LH Remington 1100 with 21” slug barrel

S12 with “Frankenmag”

post-26137-0-75341900-1288467522_thumb.jpg

Edited by Saiga20mags.com

the 20s as a group