A trip to a Mexican borrito cart the night before would make them earn that minimum wage.

Sorry to break it to you, but TSA pays pretty well. Federal benefits even for part-time employees, and they advertise hiring at $14-$20 an hour.

A trip to a Mexican borrito cart the night before would make them earn that minimum wage.

Sorry to break it to you, but TSA pays pretty well. Federal benefits even for part-time employees, and they advertise hiring at $14-$20 an hour.

Yep. TSA makes great money. I knew someone who works for TSA, elderly woman. They started her at $25,000 per year with 25 hours a week, which comes out to $19/hour plus benefits. They have "pay bands" by letter from A-H (or A-E? I forget) and the people at the top tier who have been there get some insane salaries.

The airport here is Newark Liberty International, which is the busiest airport in the US, she said that overtime was "whenever you felt like it" and they pretty much gave away hours to whoever wanted them. That may vary at less busy airports, but yeah.

The only downside is they get a lot of "split shifts" 4 hours on, 4 off, then 4 on, but the benefits far outweigh that.

Edited by Classy Kalashnikov

Anal Probe, reverse engineered from Space Alien technology, Full Body Scan just isn't enough, you must FEEL violated!

Also doubles as a vibrator for the female Goons.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 2

The asshat on the left looks EXACTLY like the asshat that gleefully groped me in Atlanta a couple years ago! The screws and plate in my right ankle set their metal detector off. Now that I have a metal knee in the same leg, I do not plan to fly ever again!

The ends justify the means folks.....come on, security here folks. Its all in your best interest. :devil:

Never trade your freedom for the illusion of safety. If someone wants you dead bad enough, they'll find a way to get it done....George Carlin.

• Like 1

For what it's worth.. I just saw a request for bid for over 1,250,000 rounds of ammo for one of the bigger, more populated cities in NC. Including, but not limited to:

swat .50 caliber AAA 700 gr A2 Ball Molly

suppressed .223 5.56 Ultra stealth, Homady 75g TAP FPD

12 gauge shotgun 00 buck, Federal Flite control 9 pellet

12 gauge shotgun slug RA12RS15 1 oz. rifled or equal

.308 Ammo for SWAT, 155 gr Hornady TAP FPD & 165 gr Hornady Barrier TAP

WTF? where/what the hell are they gonna shoot 700gr 50BMG? That's not a door breaching round guys!

• Like 1

For what it's worth.. I just saw a request for bid for over 1,250,000 rounds of ammo for one of the bigger, more populated cities in NC. Including, but not limited to:

WTF? where/what the hell are they gonna shoot 700gr 50BMG? That's not a door breaching round guys!

.50 BMG is standard issue for agencies that may have to deal with aircraft. SWAT officer in FL that I knew years ago had a .50 (back when they were very rare) and when I asked him why the cannon - he stated that he was on SRT for MIami International and that if they had a "situation" .50 BMG was necessary for shooting through an airliner windscreen to take out hostiles in the cockpit.

My roommate and his co-workers were being demo'ed a bunch of stuff for their SWAT team. They were shooting Barret 82A1's, and said they might be getting one. Before that, I wouldn't have thought a SWAT team would even have something like that in their inventory.

I don't like how PC the TSA is.

Who terrorizes the US with bombs and hijackings? Islamic people.

We should be concentrating on people with names like Abdullah and

those who wear turbans and such. Of course, they cry and scream racism

if you even LOOK at them crosswise, so it's white, straight, Christian

guys like me that get searched because I can't cry discrimination.

It's like, the TSA is searching for a wrench, but they're told to search

the bathrooms and bedrooms and living room in the name of not stereotyping

before they are allowed to look in the garage or basement.

• Like 1

TSA hiring is a joke.

When the big push for hiring started I applied.

Me- 13yrs military (Disabiled Vet with maxed out points), a BS in Criminal Justice (3.0 avg), clean background. I meet all requirements maxed out on all the pre-screening and tests.

I was not hired at what I qualified for as a Supervisor but they would bring me in at the very bottom and lowest payscale.

I was told by the HR rep that it was about demographics.. Me not being a certain gender and race.

.. They did hire my ex at the Supervisor position... she had a degree and no other background (just out of college)

Go figure.

.50 BMG is standard issue for agencies that may have to deal with aircraft. SWAT officer in FL that I knew years ago had a .50 (back when they were very rare) and when I asked him why the cannon - he stated that he was on SRT for MIami International and that if they had a "situation" .50 BMG was necessary for shooting through an airliner windscreen to take out hostiles in the cockpit.

That makes sense.. I just wasn't thinking of airplanes.. There is a large international airport near by.. Thanks

The last time I had to fly on a trip (2 weeks ago) was worse than it was right after 9/11. While waiting to go through security for my departing flight, I got to talking to this gal in line behind me. (Neither one of us looked like a terrorist and both of us were dressed business casual.) She was commenting she didn't feel comfortable going through the new body scanners, and I was telling her that she didn't have to, she could request to go through the old metal detector type, blah, blah. A female TSA guard comes up and in her butch-est voice says "Do you have any questions?!" to the gal and then shoots me a dirty look. The gal behind me starts the cowering sheep routine and says "No, we were just talking." The guard stomps back over to her spot about fifteen feet away. I give the guard the benefit of the doubt and lay it off to maybe she was having a bad day--you never know what people have had to put up with just before you arrived, right? So the gal in line behind me gives me this "holy cow" kind of look and starts talking to me again about the scanners. Now, this is just very general conversation between strangers--it's not like we were trying to incite a riot or anything. The guard stomps back over and pulls the bullying routine on the gal behind me again, almost inserting herself into line between us. She tells her, "If you have any questions, you ask me! The scanners are no more dangerous than using your cell phone." And then she stomps off again. At that point we hadn't even gotten into any risks associated with the scanners--just the "feeling naked" that she didn't like. So I popped off, "Yeah, just a cell phone big enough for you to fit in. No problem." At that point we started discussing the "potential harm" stories we'd both heard about them. The guard didn't come back over, but she gave us the stink eye the rest of the way through line. The overall impression I got was, "No talking! No talking!"

I also got a half-ssed pat down going through security on the flight back, even though I already made it through the metal detector without setting it off. The guy doing it was pretty cool about it though and wasn't the @sshat the other guard was.

So yeah, it had been a year or so since the last time I'd had to fly and it felt hugely different going through security this time. After thinking about it, I pretty much feel like the new scanners are breaching the "no illegal search and seizure; right to be secure in your person and documents" ammendment. Just my $.02

Or how about innocent until proven guilty...

Innocent until proven guilty is a nice concept, even if it's a little overused, but it's merely a principle that doesn't have any real legal weight. It's not a Right that you are guaranteed; it's more of a preferred way of conducting criminal matters.

Bottom line, don't count on it.

Besides, innocent until proven guilty is way too generous a treatment for most people who enter the criminal justice system.

Edited by Koljec

Or how about innocent until proven guilty...

Innocent until proven guilty is a nice concept, even if it's a little overused, but it's merely a principle that doesn't have any real legal weight. It's not a Right that you are guaranteed; it's more of a preferred way of conducting criminal matters.

Bottom line, don't count on it.

Besides, innocent until proven guilty is way too generous a treatment for most people who enter the criminal justice system.

How dare you read the Constitution and demand the local dog catcher explain why he has the right to frisk your daughter! He has a uniform and maybe even a gun he qualified once with. That should be more than enough for anyone.

You all need to learn your place.

Without these people protecting you, you might live like they do in the wild rural parts of the country. No protection for miles! Your kids wouldn't know their place because they weren't frisked and put through a metal detector at school, they wouldn't know to fear uniforms. Can you imagine a child not knowing to hand an officer the right papers when demanded? Imagine them not having ID at all times?

Chaos I tell you.... Chaos.

• Like 1

How dare you read the Constitution and demand the local dog catcher explain why he has the right to frisk your daughter!

Well now there are due process and cause provisions...but the presumption of innocence is, in the end, hollow.

• Like 1

How about these examples:

1. http://consumerist.com/2010/08/tsas-enhanced-pat-down-procedure-lets-their-fingers-do-the-searching.html

I wonder where they stick their fingers...

2. http://consumerist.com/2010/09/pregnant-traveler-tsa-screeners-bullied-me-into-full-body-scan.html

This one honestly made me sick.

3. http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Pilot-Body-Scan-Airport-Scanner-Search-TSA,news-8375.html

@TSA. HELLLOOO HE IS THE FUCKING PILOT...if he want to kill everyone on board + more he can just fly the damn plane into anything he wants. Plus, this shows that you actaully don't have choice... this is pure extortion.

And all of this for what? The fake feel of security? There were numerous documentaries with airline companies and security organizations admitting that unlike passengers, the planes' cargo cannot be checked as easily and most of the time they have no clue what is in the cargo pacakge bundles that are located under your seats at the bottom of the aircraft.

Edited by HappYBallZ