How many S-12 mags is enough?

I don't know why, but I just counted my S-12 mags. I've got fifteen. I think that is a good number.

How many do you have? How many do you want? How many is enough? How many is too much and actually an unhealthy obsession?

WJ

Edited by Nailbomb
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This many.... after I sold off some 5 rounders.  

Damn, I'm a lame ass. One MD20, two 10rd's, one 5rd. My goal is 2 of everything: MD20, 12rd drum, 12rd stick, 10rd, 8rd, 5rd, 2rd. Noah's arc of mags.

yes. good. now join me in the darkside and aquire a psl. now feel the hate flow through you....

Posted Images

Depends what you use your S-12 for, and how many shotguns you either have or intend to have.

I have two Saiga-12 shotguns right now, but if I obtain all the shotguns I want (still don't have one with wood furniture, or one with a rifled barrel, etc.), I'll have five, maybe six. Right now I have about a dozen 10-round mags, three 8-round mags, four factory 5-round mags, a 2-round mag, and a dozen MD-20 drum mags. To have enough mags for all the guns I intend to have, I want five factory 8-round mags, three factory 2-round mags, and seven more 8-round aftermarket mags.

Most of that is just the collector mentality. For practical purposes, home defense or wandering around the woods, two factory 5-round mags are sufficient, and two or three factory 8-round mags are perfect. Mike's drum magazines are awesome, but that drum is just too wide to be comfortable for regular carry - I love them for shooting trap with friends, and making fruit, pop bottles, and gourds explode.

You should get 15 more just to be safe. :unsure:

Okay, all I need is a little encouragement!!! If you say I need more, I'd better order some more. I have a recessive hoarding gene which needs to be liberated every now and then. lol

Oh, I forgot to include drums in my tally, so I'm a bit higher than fifteen but still way shy of 30.

Edited by WarriorJudge

2 - 4 times the number of mags you want to keep loaded at any one time, so you can rotate loaded mags, to alleviate constant pressure on the spring of any one mag. Paranoid me likes to keep at least 3 loaded mags for each weapon on hand. Of course that means more range time because each mag must be thoroughly tested... Even then I tend to underload each mag, like 8 in 10, 10 in 12, and 24-26 in 30.

Edited by Plan.B

I have,

1 - 2rnd Surefire

2 - 5rnd Factory

3 -10rnd Surefire

2 - 12rnd Surefire, probably will get cut down to 10s

2 - MD20s

The 2rnd is for any restrictive hunting requirements I may have to meet in other States.

One 5rnd came with the gun, the other I won. One 5rnd loaded with #4 buck stays in the gun for HD.

The 10s & 12s & lack of 8s?... Well, I bought the S12 so as to have more rounds available than the average pump & tube fed semis.

MD20s, besides the fun factor, they are my 1st choice for potential perimeter defense.

Those'll hold me until Mike gets off his ass and brings the Double Stacks to market... :scorn: Until then, I wait impatiently.

Edited by ChileRelleno

2 - 4 times the number of mags you want to keep loaded at any one time, so you can rotate loaded mags, to alleviate constant pressure on the spring of any one mag. Paranoid me likes to keep at least 3 loaded mags for each weapon on hand. Of course that means more range time because each mag must be thoroughly tested... Even then I tend to underload each mag, like 8 in 10, 10 in 12, and 24-26 in 30.

The springs used in modern mags do not suffer from being continuously compressed, they lose their tension from repeated use... Your wearing those springs out yourself :rolleyes:

i think i have the lowest mag count so far

1- factory 5

1-surefire 12

1-surefire 10

1-MD-20

but as someone else said this is plenty to hold me over till the double stacks come out. if i buy anything else befor then it would be a 12 round drum or a few more 20's. of course if i had the finances i would have at least 10 mags of at least 10 shot capacity. i have no use for anything less than 10 unless its the factory mags b/c i also bought the siaga for the extra rounds it can hold(and the fact that its a freaking 12ga AK!!)

1- factory 5

1-surefire 12

1-surefire 10

1-MD-20

but as someone else said this is plenty to hold me over till the double stacks come out. if i buy anything else befor then it would be a 12 round drum or a few more 20's. of course if i had the finances i would have at least 10 mags of at least 10 shot capacity. i have no use for anything less than 10 unless its the factory mags b/c i also bought the siaga for the extra rounds it can hold(and the fact that its a freaking 12ga AK!!)

NOPE!

1- Factory five-rounder

1- Surefire 12 round mag.

Yep, that's it...

1- factory 5

1-surefire 12

1-surefire 10

1-MD-20

NOPE!

1- Factory five-rounder

Yep, that's it...

WHAT!!!! BLASPHEMY!!! how dare you only have 2 mags :lolol: youre saiga will cry itself to sleep at night dreaming of having a drum attached. be kind to youre saiga, buy a drum. ^_^

• Like 1

1- factory 5

1-surefire 12

1-surefire 10

1-MD-20

NOPE!

1- Factory five-rounder

Yep, that's it...

WHAT!!!! BLASPHEMY!!! how dare you only have 2 mags :lolol: youre saiga will cry itself to sleep at night dreaming of having a drum attached. be kind to youre saiga, buy a drum. ^_^

Saving and waiting, when the time comes I will have more than all of you combined... :lolol:

I've a couple factory 5's, 1 factory 8, 2 Surefire 8's, 1 AGP 10, 3 Surefire 12's, and 4 MD-20's.

I'd like to sell the Surefire mags, (some still in the bag), and the AGP. If anyone's interested, PM me and we'll talk price.

edit: Here's a link to my post in the WTS/WTT section: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=59132&view=findpost&p=561795

The brand new Surefire 8-rnd mag and the 12-rnd mags are still available...

Edited by post-apocalyptic

I don't know why, but I just counted my S-12 mags. I've got fifteen. I think that is a good number.

How many do you have? How many do you want? How many is enough? How many is too much and actually an unhealthy obsession?

WJ

15 sounds like a good solid number, IMO.

I have far less than that. Need to work on building up the S12 mag pile. (....and I need to finally get a drum. I've been out of NY for a couple months, and still haven't gotten a drum. :o )

(....and I need to finally get a drum. I've been out of NY for a couple months, and still haven't gotten a drum. :o )

The fuck you say!?!? :shocked:

I know. It's kinda b;asphemous.

But I donated my NY-legal thumbhole to another NY'er before I left NY. So my S12's been sitting naked in the safe since I've been down here, and obviously hasn't been shot. Once I get some furniture on it again, I'll be more motivated to get a drum or two. :D