How many S-12 mags is enough?

I'm a case guy.

Done1-2.jpg

I figure I want to have just enough to be able to grab & carry in 1 pre-formed, inconspicuous case without being ridiculous. I'm likely at overkill for a shotgun as it is.

I need to modify mine for the second MD-20, but I'm holding off till Mike's doublestacks come out. The AGPs may very well take a hike at that point

I sold all my US stick mags except for 2 AGPs, because I only want the best around me.

Now, when I aquire a PSL or 7.62-M-14 & make a case for it, I'll have many more loaded mags...

That one will be set up for long range to hold positions...

:ph34r:

You never know...

It's just a hobby for now...

But only the good Lord knows what the future may hold.

Edited by Paulyski
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This many.... after I sold off some 5 rounders.  

Damn, I'm a lame ass. One MD20, two 10rd's, one 5rd. My goal is 2 of everything: MD20, 12rd drum, 12rd stick, 10rd, 8rd, 5rd, 2rd. Noah's arc of mags.

yes. good. now join me in the darkside and aquire a psl. now feel the hate flow through you....

Posted Images

hey pauly thats a really nice case, ive seen that pic a 1000 times and everytime i do i think its beautiful! and i wonder how exactly you made it. could you enlighten me?

Thanks.

It's my faveorite pic of my gun. :wub:

Here's how I made it...

ETA;

I think 1000 times is a bit of an exaggeration....

Till now...

I'll make it my Avatar & you can see it about 3000 times. ;)

Edited by Paulyski

WJ,

I voted for the "If you have to ask option" only because you only need one mag for your S12. All others are wasted space for you and should be promptly sent to me for proper disposal. Hey, I know taking one for the team again. No need to thank me :haha:

WJ,

I voted for the "If you have to ask option" only because you only need one mag for your S12. All others are wasted space for you and should be promptly sent to me for proper disposal. Hey, I know taking one for the team again. No need to thank me :haha:

They are in the mail to you even as I type. Oh, and I'm from the Government, I am here to help!

WJ

hey pauly thats a really nice case, ive seen that pic a 1000 times and everytime i do i think its beautiful! and i wonder how exactly you made it. could you enlighten me?

Thanks.

It's my faveorite pic of my gun. :wub:

Here's how I made it...

ETA;

I think 1000 times is a bit of an exaggeration....

Till now...

I'll make it my Avatar & you can see it about 3000 times. ;)

:lolol: :lolol:

I can tell its your favorite pic, thats for sure. I dont blame you though it's a beautiful gun and nice case. im a case guy myself, thats exactly what i need instead of a backpack full of magazines & ammo and NO CASE!! now, off to find a decent guitar case for cheap.

Abiding by my rule of 10 quality mags per weapon, I have enough mags for 1 Saiga 12....

I bring you.... The Leaning Tower of Drumza

post-22401-001507200 1287438504_thumb.jpg

Yes, they all fit in that can.... without a millimeter to spare.

Well.... I have a few stick mags, but most of them are going with the S12s that I have for sale :smoke:

I'm not buying more mags until Mike releases the doublestacks.... unless he has another sale that I can't pass up :angel:

Abiding by my rule of 10 quality mags per weapon, I have enough mags for 1 Saiga 12....

I don't know why... But there is something strangely phallic about that pic :unsure:

I sold my S-12 and bought 15 more MD-20 drums just to look more cool than the next guy. :wacko:

You can't possibly be that simpleminded. Say it isn't so.

Do you think these might be a good investment if there is another ban of some sort? The Chinese 75 round drums that I bought in the early '90s turned out to be a great one. If there is no ban I get to enjoy them and sell a couple off to friends or family. Things aren't always what they seem to the simple, but of course the simple are smart enough to know that, right? :unsure: Of course.... they are ;) I'm business minded about all things, including this hobby. That's how I got the drums :rolleyes:

Yes, they all fit in that can.... without a millimeter to spare.

Well.... I have a few stick mags, but most of them are going with the S12s that I have for sale :smoke:

I'm not buying more mags until Mike releases the doublestacks.... unless he has another sale that I can't pass up :angel:

Hope you bought the bulk of them during the recent MD blowout sale.

I sold my S-12 and bought 15 more MD-20 drums just to look more cool than the next guy. :wacko:

Do you think these might be a good investment if there is another ban of some sort? The Chinese 75 round drums that I bought in the early '90s turned out to be a great one. If there is no ban I get to enjoy them and sell a couple off to friends or family. Things aren't always what they seem to the simple, but of course the simple are smart enough to know that, right? :unsure: Of course.... they are ;) I'm business minded about all things, including this hobby. That's how I got the drums :rolleyes:

It isn't so... When you don't preface your comments with the required information, it's not up to the reader to assume anything. Although it is convenient for the poster to change his/her story when the necessary information isn't provided up front. If you would have said, "Look at all these drums I just bought to resell on Gunbroker for $100.00". I would have said good luck with your future endeavors. But of course you wouldn't have appreared to be as "cool" (insane) as you did when you annouced that all of the drums were for yourself.

Let's play out a more realistic scenario. Lets say that the laws don't change and stay the same as they've been for some time now. You buy a bunch of drums and the competition (who is a much larger company) drops there price and MD Arms is forced to do the same to compete. Kind of like what has recently been happening. Now you're stuck with A. A bunch of drums that you can't sell for a profit, or B. A bunch of drums you really don't/will ever need, that aren't worth nearly as much as you paid for them. Besides, the drums are no good for resale if you've fitted them. They also would not be very effective if you had to fit them in a fire fight.

You may want to ask yourself that simple-minded question. :lolol:

It isn't so... When you don't preface your comments with the required information, it's not up to the reader to assume anything. Although it is convenient for the poster to change his/her story when the necessary information isn't provided up front. If you would have said, "Look at all these drums I just bought to resell on Gunbroker for $100.00". I would have said good luck with your future endeavors. But of course you wouldn't have appreared to be as "cool" (insane) as you did when you annouced that all of the drums were for yourself.

Let's play out a more realistic scenario. Lets say that the laws don't change and stay the same as they've been for some time now. You buy a bunch of drums and the competition (who is a much larger company) drops there price and MD Arms is forced to do the same to compete. Kind of like what has recently been happening. Now you're stuck with A. A bunch of drums that you can't sell for a profit, or B. A bunch of drums you really don't/will ever need, that aren't worth nearly as much as you paid for them. Besides, the drums are no good for resale if you've fitted them. They also would not be very effective if you had to fit them in a fire fight.

You may want to ask yourself that simple-minded question. :lolol:

Mt worst case scenario is that I die and the children have a few drums a piece.

I held on to my $25 Chinese drums for over 10 years before I offloaded most of them. The timing was right and I did well. Just because they are available at a good deal today doean't mean they will always be that way. Patience is key and I wasn't thinking $100 on GB. I'm talking years out here. I think when they are not as readily available, their being fitted won't be a dealbreaker. I get to play with them in the meantime.

Bridis,

It's kind of nice to see you communicate with more than one line. I was beginning to think you were just some grumpy old man that stays annoyed for no apparent reason. Your comments seem snide most of the time. It's hard to tell on the web since I can't see the look on your face or hear your voice. Sorry :unsure:

Edited by evlblkwpnz
  • Like 1

I have 10 MD-20 Drums and 10 10-round stick mags for my 2 Saiga 12's. I am not buying any more mags until the MD-Arms DS mags come out. I figure 10 stick mags and two Drums per Saiga 12 should be enough for me. So, if my math is correct,I need to buy another 3 Saiga 12's and about another 40 (DS) stick mags! :dollar::dollar::super:

5-5rndrs,

2-8rndrs,

6-10rndrs

That's 101rnds ready to go or 909 .30 pellets of 00buck or ...., lol. If it's a comfortable fit, I'll get a 20rnd drum eventually.

Since I figure that in a SHtF, I'll likely have to evac at some point, I try to keep my mag count to what I can carry on person plus spares/extra ammo in pack/truck, etc.

The one mag it came with, 3 10 round AGP's and 2 MD20's...

Been hard getting over paying $260 for a MDdrum 18 months ago and buying another for $75 a week ago....

Given the price spreads, I can't say I'll be the first to buy the double stacks... although MD says they'll be very competitively priced.

In any event, I hadn't messed with my S12 until 2 months ago and I love it so I have plans... between converting it magazines... converting is first on my list now that I like it.

• 10 months later...

i think i have the lowest mag count so far

1- factory 5

1-surefire 12

1-surefire 10

1-MD-20

but as someone else said this is plenty to hold me over till the double stacks come out. if i buy anything else befor then it would be a 12 round drum or a few more 20's. of course if i had the finances i would have at least 10 mags of at least 10 shot capacity. i have no use for anything less than 10 unless its the factory mags b/c i also bought the siaga for the extra rounds it can hold(and the fact that its a freaking 12ga AK!!)

NOPE!

1- Factory five-rounder

1- Surefire 12 round mag.

Yep, that's it...

WHAT!!!! BLASPHEMY!!! how dare you only have 2 mags :lolol: youre saiga will cry itself to sleep at night dreaming of having a drum attached. be kind to youre saiga, buy a drum. ^_^

I only have the factory 5rd mag that came with mine. I think I've had it now for 4 or 5months. My goal is another 5rd factory(if they were reasonable enough) and 10-20 10rd mags. I'd get a drum but the cost I can get more 10rd.

I dont get the obsession of having more than one MD-20 drum. Especially when I see someone that has 10+ !!! For what reason? Not being a jerk just wondering. I love my MD20 drum, but I wouldn't want more than 1. I'd rather have an Izzy 8 rounder.

I have 13- MD-20s, 4- Saiga 12s, and three children to split it all with when they are of age. That means: 1- Saiga 12 for each for the kids and myself, 3 drums for each of the kids, and 4 drums for me :angel: Also, what if there is a ban on high cap Saiga 12 mags? Do you think they may go up in value? It might be nice to dump 10 of them and still have 3 for keeps. I could also do a multiple drum dump video or torture test. What if I want to load up a couple hundred rounds in the comfort of my own home before going to the range instead of reloading the same drum over and over in the heat? What if We might be firing all four Saiga 12s at one time and want to use a drum in each? What if there are a few other people with Saiga 12s at the session? Now do you get it? Things aren't always what they may seem with evl.... ;)

As I have stated before "Everyone should have a few" (MD-20 drums)

BTW I would love to have a few of the Russian 8s too, but I refuse to pay current market value for them.