How many S-12 mags is enough?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This many.... after I sold off some 5 rounders.  

Damn, I'm a lame ass. One MD20, two 10rd's, one 5rd. My goal is 2 of everything: MD20, 12rd drum, 12rd stick, 10rd, 8rd, 5rd, 2rd. Noah's arc of mags.

yes. good. now join me in the darkside and aquire a psl. now feel the hate flow through you....

Posted Images

I would ask how do you plan to carry all of your mags in a situation other than a fun day at the range?

I have 2 AGP 10's, 2 Promag 10's, 1 OEM 5, and 1 Keepshooting 5. I intend to by the Newswear Chestvest and 2 more 10's along with 1 MD20 so I can carry a tactical load-out of 6 tens, 2-fives and start the fun off with the MD20. I'm setting up for the SHTF scenario coming to a city near you in the forseeable future. A large dump-pouch in the rear so I can maintain control of all of my mags for reloading as the situation allows and/or carry a couple spare boxes of shells. Running 9 pellet OO buck, that gives me 810 rounds of Zombie killin' happiness!

If you have the money for as many as you can buy, great, more power to yah!...but for a tactical situation, I would say as many as you can carry somewhat comfortably and still get into the gunfight without carrying a full duffle bag of mags that's going to slow you down and get you killed. Home defense, 1 five rounder or 1 10 rounder is plenty unless your facing a horde of gangbanging thugs there to steal your guns and rape and pillage your family, oh wait, aren't those zombies. :D

Hey, Double D, care to spare a brother a MD? ;)

• Like 1

I would ask how do you plan to carry all of your mags in a situation other than a fun day at the range?

I have 2 AGP 10's, 2 Promag 10's, 1 OEM 5, and 1 Keepshooting 5. I intend to by the Newswear Chestvest and 2 more 10's along with 1 MD20 so I can carry a tactical load-out of 6 tens, 2-fives and start the fun off with the MD20. I'm setting up for the SHTF scenario coming to a city near you in the forseeable future. A large dump-pouch in the rear so I can maintain control of all of my mags for reloading as the situation allows and/or carry a couple spare boxes of shells. Running 9 pellet OO buck, that gives me 810 rounds of Zombie killin' happiness!

If you have the money for as many as you can buy, great, more power to yah!...but for a tactical situation, I would say as many as you can carry somewhat comfortably and still get into the gunfight without carrying a full duffle bag of mags that's going to slow you down and get you killed. Home defense, 1 five rounder or 1 10 rounder is plenty unless your facing a horde of gangbanging thugs there to steal your guns and rape and pillage your family, oh wait, aren't those zombies. :D

Of course you can not carry all those drums in a load out vest but you are not suppost to that many drums are for either defending a position where you can have them loaded and stacked up at your feet or maybe in the back of a pickup where you can have them stacked up just waiting like ammo cans for a beltfed weapon.

Of course you can not carry all those drums in a load out vest but you are not suppost to that many drums are for either defending a position where you can have them loaded and stacked up at your feet or maybe in the back of a pickup where you can have them stacked up just waiting like ammo cans for a beltfed weapon.

Well I stand corrected. That many drums would be excellent for defending a fixed position or from a vehicle, no arguement there. :)

I'm a mag-aholic

I know there is help for me out there but I refuse to get it.

I buy mags for guns I don't even own, I survived the klinton ban and it will never happen to me or my kids or grand kids.

No ammo or mags and you have a expensive club.

so I buy all I can afford to get my filthy paws on.

I'm a mag-aholic

I know there is help for me out there but I refuse to get it.

I buy mags for guns I don't even own, I survived the klinton ban and it will never happen to me or my kids or grand kids.

No ammo or mags and you have a expensive club.

so I buy all I can afford to get my filthy paws on.

+1 I'm not alone!!

If you don't have Mags & bullets ready and waiting, then you don't have a firearm. PERIOD!

My absolute minimum for each of my firearms is 5 mags, and I like to have 7 mags for any single firearm before I start to feel satisfied.

Currently I have just five Factory-8's, and one Factory-5 (just about the bare minimum in my book)

IMG_0643.jpg

Edited by ItsAllCreated

I'll have to look to verify the numbers, but I THINK my current count stands at:

2x MD 20 rd drums

8x Surefire 8 rd mags

2x Factory 5 rd mags

5x Clear Surefire 12 rd mags (still in plastic wrap)

So that's what? 15 mags, 2 drums and 174 rounds loaded and ready to go!

I need more! :cryss:

5-5rndrs,

2-8rndrs,

6-10rndrs

That's 101rnds ready to go or 909 .30 pellets of 00buck or ...., lol. If it's a comfortable fit, I'll get a 20rnd drum eventually.

Since I figure that in a SHtF, I'll likely have to evac at some point, I try to keep my mag count to what I can carry on person plus spares/extra ammo in pack/truck, etc.

Ad the above, 1-12rnd drum as a "starter" mag. It barely fits my Bullpup so unfortunately a 20 is out. That's now 113rnds loaded and ready to go, :lolol:

• 3 months later...

Well I just recently bought my first Saiga 12, so I only had the one 5 rounder that came with it. I picked up a Promag 12 rd drum this past weekend, and I also ordered four 8 rounders and another 12 rd drum from this site to take advantage of the free shipping and multi mag discount. I'd like to get the 20 rd and maybe the 30 rd mainly for collector purposes.

This many.... after I sold off some 5 rounders.

post-22401-0-84067600-1325570426_thumb.jpg

You're my hero...

.... and ItsAllCreated is mine. I never owned that many Russian 8s at once. I'll pretend that I never realized that.... and save myself a bunch of money, lol!

I don't have enough!

If anyone has a few clear SGM 12rnd mags,Lets talk!

I have 5.... and I can only talk about how they will be used with my M.A.G.12 build ;)

Really, if you find any anywhere at any price.... you had better jump, even if they are ludicrously priced. Suckers are stupid-hard to find these days.

I found a few,Just tough they don't make them anymore,and tough on guys that actually use them for competition(what they were made for!)

I'm going to be modding them for my JT magwell/Arrendondo Mag Coupler..Be nice to remember/see how I "candy cane" my mag before the stage.

If you have the money for as many as you can buy, great, more power to yah!...but for a tactical situation, I would say as many as you can carry somewhat comfortably and still get into the gunfight without carrying a full duffle bag of mags that's going to slow you down and get you killed. Home defense, 1 five rounder or 1 10 rounder is plenty unless your facing a horde of gangbanging thugs there to steal your guns and rape and pillage your family, oh wait, aren't those zombies. biggrin.gif

Hey, Double D, care to spare a brother a MD? wink.gif

I'd have to agree with this.

If you have the money for as many as you can buy, great, more power to yah!...but for a tactical situation, I would say as many as you can carry somewhat comfortably and still get into the gunfight without carrying a full duffle bag of mags that's going to slow you down and get you killed. Home defense, 1 five rounder or 1 10 rounder is plenty unless your facing a horde of gangbanging thugs there to steal your guns and rape and pillage your family, oh wait, aren't those zombies. biggrin.gif

Hey, Double D, care to spare a brother a MD? wink.gif

I'd have to agree with this.

Meh, for a true tactical situation, I'm carrying the AR-15 and a metric shit-ton of loaded 30 round mags. The Saiga-12 is for suppressive fire or defense only, One wouldn't want to be on the move with it. I'm not saying that I wouldn't load it up and take it with me (hell, the wife would be driving her truck and I'd be in the bed surrounded by shotgun shells) but it wouldn't get used for any kind of tactical movement unless I was bare-bones with every other weapon...

(hell, the wife would be driving her truck and I'd be in the bed surrounded by shotgun shells)

If it came down to me depending on MY wife driving I might as well have a nerf gun because I'm screwed.sick.gif

Two reasons why I married mine, 1.) She built her truck... 2.) She knows how to DRIVE!

For my S-12 I have

3 Factory 2 Rounders

3 Factory 5 Rounders

3 Factory 8 Rounders

1 MD Arms Drum (I would like to get 2 more)

For my S-410 I have:

2 Factory 4 Rounders for 2.5" Shells (I'd like to get 1 more)

3 Factory 4 Rounders for 3" Shells

3 Factory 10 Rounders (With Counter Window Mod 1)

3 Factory 10 Rounders (Solid Body Mod 2)

To complete the set for the 410 I would like to get 3 Factory 2 Rounders for 3" Shells)

For me that's plenty.

As for my other platforms I figure 9 loaded mags for each Rifle/Pistol.

I keep all 9 loaded + enough ammo to reload all 9 in one 50 cal ammo can.

I also made a cage to keep them in...

P1020907.jpg

P1020908.jpg

sKott

OK..time to quite trolling. My saiga 12 is patiently waiting for me at the dealer it was shipped to until I'm back stateside in a few weeks. I'm thinking I'll pick up 3 12 rd drums and (6) 10 round mags. I've got a chest rig at home and am just trying to get a full load out for it, plus be able to fit the AR mags. As I go' I'll pick up more.

Edited by marine_mike