Saiga .223 or Daewoo DR-200   

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which one should I get?

• Daewoo DR-200 HB
    • Saiga "M" style .223 and add AR Mag Adapter

I researched both, and am leaning towards the Daewoo DR-200 HB. because I want to use standard AR mags.

Anyone know if they have LRBHO?

The Saiga would require the AR magwell, which I can do, but I am still liking the Daewoo for some reason.

Any advice or comments appreciated.

post-9483-083237600 1287366024_thumb.jpg

post-9483-073747900 1287366080_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gas Giant

I researched both, and am leaning towards the Daewoo DR-200 HB. because I want to use standard AR mags.

Anyone know if they have LRBHO?

The Saiga would require the AR magwell, which I can do, but I am still liking the Daewoo for some reason.

Any advice or comments appreciated.

Daewoo has a LRBHO, controls like an M16 but a separate oprod with a piston and mass similar to an AK and a gas regulator like an FN(FN handguards are easily adapted to them in fact).

Other than the lack of 1 in 7 barrels and a shortage of firing pins I would use one as my primary 223 above all of the wannabe piston driven AR15 thingies out there. They have been in service with ROK soldiers for 30 years and have an excellent service record.

Since seeing that few of the postban DR200s have 1 in 7 barrels and now that CNC Warrior is making spare parts for them I may end up with one of these myself so that I have something that uses M16 mags for when I am running with my AR15 wielding buddies.

Edited by SOPMOD

I had a DR-200 and liked it.. I sold it, but not because I didn't like it. It was a great shooter and never failed. Parts used to be hard to get. Not sure if anyone is importing or making stuff for them now. I have a spare firing pin if you ever need one. I would also guess that the cost would be much more than any saiga.

I had a DR-200 and liked it.. I sold it, but not because I didn't like it. It was a great shooter and never failed. Parts used to be hard to get. Not sure if anyone is importing or making stuff for them now. I have a spare firing pin if you ever need one. I would also guess that the cost would be much more than any saiga.

I have bought a few parts from: http://daewoorifleparts.com/index.php?main_page=products_new

My DR-200s were bought NIB, which is becoming rather hard to find since they have not been imported for years. A NIB DR-200 runs between $750.00 and $1,250.00, depending upon many variables.

WJ

Edited by WarriorJudge

that black one with the quad rail is awesome! how is the accuracy with those type guns?

Mine are still safe queens, so I cannot attest to their accuracy. I plan on shooting the black one, but I'm going to keep the white one unfired.

WJ

that black one with the quad rail is awesome! how is the accuracy with those type guns?

Mine are still safe queens, so I cannot attest to their accuracy. I plan on shooting the black one, but I'm going to keep the white one unfired.

WJ

Thats a shame, a gun like that is meant to be fired, if it was me i would keep one unfired and shoot the shit outta the other one!!!

Anybody else got any input on these guns? they look pretty awesome and im thinking or tryin to find one but i would like to know what some other people think of them.also about what does a nice USED one go for?

*ETA, i didnt read the part about them being NIB!*

Edited by big-J

Oh great, now I all can think about is this Daewoo,. who woulda thunk it,..

I hope my saigas don't hear me talking about another,..

WJ those are NICE! Love the winter camo,..

Hey, please, anyone don't bid against me on Gunbroker!! HAH!

Only bad thing I heard about them is getting parts, but there seem to be more parts nowdays, even though they don't import'em any more,..

Oh great, now I all can think about is this Daewoo,. who woulda thunk it,..

I hope my saigas don't hear me talking about another,..

WJ those are NICE! Love the winter camo,..

Hey, please, anyone don't bid against me on Gunbroker!! HAH!

Only bad thing I heard about them is getting parts, but there seem to be more parts nowdays, even though they don't import'em any more,..

Well, I decided to list them on Gun Broker. My hankering for S-12s exceeds my desire for any other type of long gun---I am a sick puppy!!!