BEWARE of Carolina Shooter's Supply!!!

I ordered a conversion kit from them after Christmas, received it before Jan. 1st, converted the gun that night in about three hours with my DeWalt cordless drill, a screwdriver, and a hammer. All other tools needed were provided by CSS... I am EXTREMELY happy with their service and I will definitely buy from them in the future!

This thread is a trap. Admit it. You guys all got together in a conspiracy to trap new Saiga owners. You know they won't believe your stories so they have to try it themselves.

CSS is like crack for Saiga owners. After the first order you just keep going back for more, you can't stop yourself.

This thread is a trap. Admit it. You guys all got together in a conspiracy to trap new Saiga owners. You know they won't believe your stories so they have to try it themselves.

CSS is like crack for Saiga owners. After the first order you just keep going back for more, you can't stop yourself.

I found out the hard way, I have bitten by the Saiga bug and I don't even have a Saiga in hand yet.

I have ordered from CSS 3 or 4 times already, MD Arms twice (to get five 20rd drums), Mississippi

Auto Arms, Amazon, and a few local stores to get everything I need to convert a Saiga 12.

I will still need to send the bolt out for profiling and polishing.

Malodave

I found out the hard way, I have bitten by the Saiga bug and I don't even have a Saiga in hand yet.

I have ordered from CSS 3 or 4 times already, MD Arms twice (to get five 20rd drums), Mississippi

Auto Arms, Amazon, and a few local stores to get everything I need to convert a Saiga 12.

I will still need to send the bolt out for profiling and polishing.

Malodave

Nah, just get a dremel with the optional flexible attachment and a dremel polishing bit kit and you can easily do it yourself. I have experience with this kit, there is nothing in it that will take off too much material too quickly so there's nothing to fear.

I have not had the opportunity to speak with Greg by phone, however when I got my S-12 in October and began looking into the conversion process Greg answered all my questions quickly and clearly via email. A few weeks later when I was ready to purchase my "goodies" I emailed a list of parts for my proposed project to verify compatibility, Greg took a moment to review my list and verify everything would work together. Needless to say a few minutes after receiving his reply, I placed my order. I believe I placed the order on Thursday, that Saturday the mailman showed up with the best purchase I have ever made. No need to hesitate doing business with CSS, Greg is the man! My S-12See "The Beast" Here! Post #690

Quick, Good, Efficient, Courteous, Responsive. Usually in my dealings with other vendors (not juat Gun parts vendors, but ALL vendors) these traits were mostly mutually exclusive. Maybe if you're lucky you would get 2 or 3 of them in a vendor. CSS achieves all 5! :super:

• 2 weeks later...

Do they sell the Saiga 12 to Cali?

It depends on which "they" you are talking about... Yes you can get a S12 in CA, but it must have a magazine lock and can NOT have a folding or collapsible stock.

I have to agree with all of the positive posters here. I have found that Greg has gone out of his way on a number of occassions to help me out with not only parts that weren't even on the website but also with information and contacts that have been indispensable for some of my projects. He's a real good guy.

I actually DO have a bit of a gripe, I'm more than certain that when I ordered my conversion kit, it said "Tromix FCG" and when I got it, it said Tapco, but I've already polished it up and it works just fine so no biggie.

Come to think of it, maybe it said "Tromix modified FCG"... :unsure:

I actually DO have a bit of a gripe, I'm more than certain that when I ordered my conversion kit, it said "Tromix FCG" and when I got it, it said Tapco, but I've already polished it up and it works just fine so no biggie.

Come to think of it, maybe it said "Tromix modified FCG"... :unsure:

The Tromix is a Tapco that has been modified to fit.