G3 mag adaptors - Last Call

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, I have taken NO ONE's money and REFUSE TO until I have a product with their name on it. Being as this is a niche market I make them to order. You are apparently NOT part of the niche that wants G3 hi cap mags so I don't know why you feel the need to trash my thread and work. I don't read every thread on this forum, neither must you.

Regarding my internet woes, it is NOT as you have incorrectly described and I DO NOT owe you of all people an explanation to your satisfaction. There are other ways of accessing the internet BESIDES a home computer but they are not available 24/7. It's not that I CAN'T post, it's that I may not find it as convenient to do so multiple times in one day or even every day. It means I may be days between replies instead of hours.

Working on a firearm for profit requires a license. I do no such work on anyone's firearm. That's the whole point that you ignored. I send an adaptor for the owner to install himself, requiring no regulation. If you're not comfortable doing that work, then don't friggin buy one. If you can modify an X39 or 223 Saiga to P-grip and hi-cap, you should be able to do this with a bit of extra care and following instructions.

If you don't care about this then you are free to ignore it. If you think I'm trying to scam people I suggest you read what I've actually written on the subject of payment. I make them to requests but WILL NOT accept ANY payment until completed. If you don't think such a thing exists you can actually follow the threads linked in the beginning of this thread, which show pictures of the prototype. Ones sent out will be better finished and YES I will include pictures. But I do not owe my time explaining things to people who clearly do not care but instead want to feel important by trashing the work of others. I am only making these because people said they wanted them. The whole point of this thread was that people keep saying that they want such a thing but when asked if they actually do they wimp out and wait for folks to make S-308 hi-caps that I'm sure someone could, but no one has except for drastic mods to existing hi-caps. Every other hi-cap mod has involved either a really drastic modification to each mag or modification to the S-308's trunion. My system uses a mod to the receiver to accomodate a mildly modified G3 magazine that will still work in a G3. During the ban, which is when I developed this, you could not make a new hi cap and could only modify an existing one if it would still work in the original gun.

For the love of all that is good and decent, don't accuse me of wasting your time when you read threads in which you clearly have no interest. And don't accuse me of scamming anyone when I persistently tell folks who ask where they can send money to simply state that they definitely want the product and I will tell them when theirs is ready and only THEN, when I'm about to ship, will I take any money. By the way, I do NOT accept paypal, and will only deal with postal money orders, which are mail fraud to accept without delivering a product.

Well since you wanted to talk on a personal note. I guess I will as well. First I trust a CNC Lathe on a receiver and a qualified gunsmith with LOTS of experience, then some inexperienced know it all with a dremel.

How many gunsmiths have you seen with CNC setups?????? Even the little toy desktop units run $2000 and I have NOT had good experiances with tabletop "mills".

Why would you trust someone with non certified anything ........If Afro Engineering is your trade then by all means

Making some assumptions about alot aren't you? And don't kid yourself about certification, I've worked as a mechanic and fixed the screwups of alot of ASE "certified "mechanics. I've also seen alot of accidents caused by faulty designs that were checked off by "certified" engineers.

Edited by Dieseler

I concur that certified folks make mistakes galore. Additionally, just because someone is certified doesn't mean qualified, and the reverse is sometimes true. Ask a gunsmith to work on an AK and chances are he'll say he doesn't know much about them. Everyone has a specialty and the big bucks in custom work come from precision and ergonomic bolt guns. Notice that the places that do AK work advertise nationwide - it's because there aren't many of them.

On the other hand, folks like us who read upon the AK may in some cases be better qualified for certain work than a gunsmith.

BTW, regarding my qualifications, I reiterate that I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering and work experience in machining and design. Indeed it takes more than credentials, but I do in fact have them.

Making some assumptions about alot aren't you? And don't kid yourself about certification, I've worked as a mechanic and fixed the screwups of alot of ASE "certified "mechanics. I've also seen alot of accidents caused by faulty designs that were checked off by "certified" engineers.

Well as a hobbiest to drag racing(20+ years), if I take something to a machine shop and they screw it up , then guess who is to blame? And who will replace that part if it was the machinist's fault ? If you guessed the machine shop and the business, you guessed correctly. As a mechanic , I'd thought you'd understand where I was coming from, guess not. But we are talking about a 20 something year old with a dremel. Would you trust your receiver in those hands ? I guess my views of half assing something to try and get something to work , is what bothers me about people these days. If you focus all the energy into something why want to follow through instead of the "git r done" attitude half ass people are know to do in todays world. It doesnt take a rocket scienctist to modify metal work , of something of importance to the performance of a firearm and not very high expense either, why wouldnt you take it to a machine shop or tool and die?

Well since you wanted to talk on a personal note. I guess I will as well. First I trust a CNC Lathe on a receiver and a qualified gunsmith with LOTS of experience, then some inexperienced know it all with a dremel.

How many gunsmiths have you seen with CNC setups?????? Even the little toy desktop units run $2000 and I have NOT had good experiances with tabletop "mills".

^Well thats user error not computer error. Sorry but thats true.

Maybe if you read the post instead of picking it apart. Youd know that I was addressing Machine Shops and Tool & Die. A Certified Gunsmith will outsource this to modify the metal work to where it needs to be. Then the Gunsmith will assemble and make other modifactions if needed for proper operation. Instead of half assing something with a dremel. Think about it , as a Mechanic or Former Mechanic, would you balance your own crank and rods or bore your block with household tools?

Edited by nx468
I concur that certified folks make mistakes galore.  Additionally, just because someone is certified doesn't mean qualified, and the reverse is sometimes true.  Ask a gunsmith to work on an AK and chances are he'll say he doesn't know much about them.  Everyone has a specialty and the big bucks in custom work come from precision and ergonomic bolt guns.  Notice that the places that do AK work advertise nationwide - it's because there aren't many of them.

On the other hand, folks like us who read upon the AK may in some cases be better qualified for certain work than a gunsmith.

BTW, regarding my qualifications, I reiterate that I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering and work experience in machining and design.  Indeed it takes more than credentials, but I do in fact have them.

Well with all that experience why didnt you bring up a CNC Lathe , it takes someone from the internet to tell you where to take the receivers, incase you do something wrong. AAA YA OK :lolol: Look guy just do something right if you put all this energy into something instead of half assing something with a household tool to a important part of the operation of a firearm.

For the last time, the mag adaptors are not made by a dremel. They are made on a milling machine. "Why not get a CNC?" Because it costs 20 times as much, duh.

And NO a gunsmith does NOT outsource his receiver work. There are cases of such things being prosecuted. This is where gun work and other mechanical work is different. And this is why I sell a kit instead of working on another person's gun. This is why I DESIGNED the whole conversion for the private gunowner with Saiga conversion experience.

Take something to a machine shop and it gets screwed up, yes, they are to blame. So you pay them lots of money to cover their overhead and liability insurance. Small businesses can't afford that, so they avoid liability wherever possible. This kit isn't for the novice, this is for folks who have already converted Saigas or built other AKs. If you haven't done that yet, do it first before installing my kit in order to get the necessary experience.

If you wish to make the comparison to cars, I would put it this way. A barrel, bolt, and trunion lockup are like the engine and transmission of a car. High precision, require expert skill when working on them. I doubt I'll ever work on my own transmission or engine. I paid $1500 for a transmission and simply understand that as the cost of such a thing, and expect expert guarantees for such work. Same would apply to any engine work.

The suspension is a little different. I have replaced parts of my suspension and feel I could replace most components of a suspension given the parts. Same goes for brakes and brake lines, other fluid systems would depend. I have also manufactured some structural replacement parts for my truck. I'm not currently able to manufacture suspension parts, though I can install them.

I would compare the mag adaptor system to the suspension of a vehicle. Most folks can't build parts for their suspension, but give an intelligent and strong guy a set of shocks, shackles, and springs, and he can replace it. In the same manner, I feel that a person capable of converting a Saiga or building an AKM is capable of installing this mag adaptor kit assuming responsibility for the results.

I offer a ten day return policy if the person sizes up the work and does not feel he can do it successfully. (Reason I say ten day is that every couple weeks someone comes out with an empty promise of hi-cap mags that everyone jumps on naiively.)

Bottom line - if you don't believe you can make this work, then don't buy it. I made it work. I think many members of this forum can as well. It's your gun, it's your responsibility, it's your call.

I understand exactly where you're coming from. But I'm also coming from being that "unexperianced, untrained, uncertified guy" in the past and taking on challenges to my skill. Heck, I started a full restoration of a '66 Mustang when I was 14! The thing is still running strong and hasn't given me any problems. I'd say that is proof that hobbist can get things done!

As far as tabletop setups and "user error" I actually was not refering to a CNC machine but tabletop units in general. They lack the mass and the steady base for true precision. I've used manual table mills that had so much slop in the lead screws you could turn feed dials a full 1/8th turn without engaging the feed! There is no "user error" there, the little things simply lack the precision! Believe me, I've spent ALOT of time in a machine shop.

If you had any machining experiance you could look at G3's kit and see that they were cut on a mill. ( lathes that you keep mentioning are not well suited for this work) There is no " bubba with a dremel" going on here! The only jerry rigging that *could* happen would be on the installer's part. If he opts to use a dremel, hand drill, hammer and punch, whatever that is on HIS end, not G3's! If you dont feel comfortable doing this, take it to a smith! Same as the pistol grip conversion.

As you said, this isn't rocket science! The AK's were designed to be easily built and maintained with little tooling! As for why not taking it to a machineshop..... mmm..... because it is illegal?

It appears I have a very similiar background in machine experiance as well as education with G3. And as such I see and understand the amount of time that went into his design... and also how it works and understand the modifications needed. And ya know what, I see no problems with it! I'd say it's inovative and alot more cost effective than trying to buy Saiga magazines! It's not the prettiest thing in the world based on the rough proto version I saw posted.... but then again an AK isn't a thing of beauty or egronomics... pure function.

All of this is like saying a guy shouldn't install his own 4link kit from Comp Engineering. All you have to do is install it if you have the ability.... the design and fabrication of the kit is already done. Sure you need to do some welding and cutting, but it's not beyond the grasp of a typical hotrodder.

Keep in mind, this is just a magazine adapter! Nothing to do with the chamber or trunion. Even if you screw up, you're not damaging the chamber or any high stress part that could result in a tragedy! Worst case.... the thing jams!

Edited by Dieseler
Worst case.... the thing jams!

Bingo, and if you have the knowledge to install it, you have the knowledge to tweak it. The adaptor has worked for over a year, but recently I've been able to feed entire mags through by using a BlackJack buffer instead of the original steel one in order to slow the cyclic rate.

Also, the versions made to recent orders will look far far better than the one in the pictures. While I'm currently having technical difficulties with the internet, I do expect to have more pics and possibly vids too before I ship them out.

Edited by BattleRifleG3

nx468

I had said I wasn't going to feed the troll, but I can't resist.

FYI -

All gun repair and gunsmithing activities must take place at the location specified on the Gunsmiths dealers license.

From the BATFE FAQ's:

"Q.(I1) Is a license needed to engage in the business of engraving, customizing, refinishing or repairing firearms? [back]

A.Yes. A person conducting such activities as a business is considered to be a gunsmith within the definition of a dealer. [27 CFR 178.11]"

Gunsmiths CANNOT legally outsource machine work on a receiver / frame without the company doing the machining also having an FFL.

Case in point -

B-West manufactured rifles were made completely from Chinese parts and U.S. made sheet metal receiver and polytec parts kits. most have red fiberglass, stock/hand gards, pistl grips and side folding stocks/with a knife grip like handle on the stock that has the cleaning kit in it.  In February 1994 B-West Imports was interviewed for 7.62X39mm Steel Core Ammunition Importation Ban violations, and the ATF ended up shutting down the Tucson, Arizona importer for firearms manufacturing violations.  It seems that B-West was apparently having their Kalashnikov-type receivers made for them by a sheetmetal shop down the street from them and then assembling rifles with Chinese parts.  As the sheetmetal facility was the actual manufacturer of the receiver (which ATF considers to be the firearm), and they didn't have the necessary FFL to do so, they were nailed, as was B-West.
Well I guess that means your breaking some Federal Laws if your not F.F.L Licensed also if you read the requirements on the license it CLEARLY states you CAN NOT operate out of your home another Federal Mandated Law.

Incorrect - please refer to 27 CFR 178.41. Nowhere in 27 CFR 178 does it say that your business cannot be conducted out of you home. You must, however, conduct all gun related business only from the address on the license or you must have a license for each location from where you conduct business, if more than one address. Some states laws and local ordnances may prohibit gun shop businesses from residences, but it is not a BATFE requirement in obtaining an FFL.

Last time I checked Afros come in a wide variety of colors. So I guess me commenting on how to improve your so called conversion , you want to put a racial sign on my back. How exactly is that racist ? Care to enlighten me on that subject.
Yes ... You weren't talking about hair styles, now were you? I fail to see how refering to BRG3's design in such a derogatory fashion is "commenting on how to improve [his] so called conversion". You just want to belittle the home / hobby gunsmith so you can somehow feel superior. You could have chosen any number of constructive phrases to show your distrust / disgust for BRG3's manufacturing skills, but no. You chose a term that implies technical incompetence based on race. Either you chose your words poorly or you assumed too much about the man without the benifit of having met him. In either case, I'd say you were retarded, but that might be an insult to retarded people.

A Certified Gunsmith will outsource this to modify the metal work to where it needs to be. Then the Gunsmith will assemble and make other modifactions if needed for proper operation.

Not if the work has anything to do with the receiver and he wants to keep his license and stay out of jail. I encourage you to read up on 27 CFR 178. If you're gonna talk about what is and what is not allowed under BATFE rules and regs, you ought to read up on the subject before you go off tellin' like you think it is.

quote]

Not if the work has anything to do with the receiver and he wants to keep his license and stay out of jail.  I encourage you to read up on 27 CFR 178.  If you're gonna talk about what is and what is not allowed under BATFE rules and regs, you ought to read up on the subject before you go off tellin' like you think it is.

HAHA , And you send your receiver to a 20 something year old to modify it with a household dremel. And your trying to tell me he is not breaking a Federal Mandated Law? You just shown proof of that with your posts. haha wow and your calling me the retarded one ? lol sheesh !! He is NOT a Certified Gunsmith, He DOES NOT have a FFL License, He will be facing some pretty serious charges if he does not get licensed. And about Afros , Afros come in a wide variety of colors. meaning ANY COLOR can assume Afro Engineering, I dont see any RACE related finger points, Nice try with the whole superior qoute(helping someone out) rolls eyes. Where do you see me being degrotary do I really have to post from the start with what he said he used and everything else. His story has changed alot now from a household dremel to a Mill now. Only TROLL here is your dumbass to lazy to do the work yourself. You took the time to look up the information because it was quite clear that you didnt know from the get go, then why not spend the extra time doing the work yourself and save yourself 80 bucks and start a thread for the others stating how you did this and not to charge 80 bucks and how you dont have to buy a modified cut up G3 mag from this guy. Where dont you see this guy not breaking ANY Federal Mandated Law again ? Oh by the way you can be prosecuted as well as a accompliance. Nice job and lack of common sense.

O.K. dumbass - this is my last attempt to get you to understand.

BRG3 is making the adaptor (a part that I will add to my receiver - not a receiver in or of it's self) that I will be buying from him to put on my receiver (the part the ATF is concerned about that requires an ATF Form 4473) and I will be installing it myself with the use of my Dremel tool and limited skills. What part of this do you not fricken understand? No law is being broken and BRG3 will be doing none of the installation work. He is only making the part that I will install. He is machining the part on his equipment and I will be using my Dremel tool and various other hand tools and power tools that I own to make it work. If I screw up, It's all on me. BRG3's liability ends once I accept his uninstalled adapter from the mail.

Yes - I did look up the FFL info I posted about FFL's to confirm what I already knew. Ya see, I didn't want to spout off the FACTS without checking them first. This is something you may want to look into. Do you have an FFL? I do and have had one for several years. I am not a "certified" gunsmith. You? How about a machinist? Me neither. However, the work I will do on this project does not require the precision or skill of a "certified" gunsmith so I will not secure the services of one.

As to your continued whining about your use of a racist comment. You got caught using the derogatory comment and now you are re-directing to try to convience yourself and others that you didn't mean it the way it came out. Sorry - you are still a racist and a troll in my book. Say what you want, troll. This is my final word on the matter with you. Your incoherent ramblings are not worthy of my continued effort.

Peace out.

Thank you Macbeau. I just read the latest troll post and was about to explode profanely. In fact I typed in a substantial reply, then my computer froze after a Trojan Horse alert. I rushed to the library to repeat it even more colorfully, but when my patience was gone you did a better job than I could, especially amidst the overwhelming urge to use every negative word I know.

I tip my hat to you, Macbeau.

Thank you Macbeau.  I just read the latest troll post and was about to explode profanely.  In fact I typed in a substantial reply, then my computer froze after a Trojan Horse alert.  I rushed to the library to repeat it even more colorfully, but when my patience was gone you did a better job than I could, especially amidst the overwhelming urge to use every negative word I know.

I tip my hat to you, Macbeau.

Yea try another one chief. You know how easy it is to take your short clip of this operation on your camera and plug into a USB port and upload the file to a free hosting site (even at the local library). Just keep showing your back tracking and how you like to dance around. Anyone stupid enough to send you anything but a birthday card. Doesnt even deserve a firearm.

Sorry for knowing more about FIREARMS than about computers and the internet. I mean this is a freaking firearms forum.

I'll have more pics before I take any money, even if I have to draft more knowledgeable computer folk than myself.

And regarding 20 something year olds, take one look at our soldiers in Iraq. Many of them are younger than I, but growing up far faster than I have. Regarding growing up, someone on this thread sure needs to. I'm going to stop posting on this thread and start a new one, thanks to the retardation that this one has spawned.

Sorry for knowing more about FIREARMS than about computers and the internet.  I mean this is a freaking firearms forum.

I'll have more pics before I take any money, even if I have to draft more knowledgeable computer folk than myself.

And regarding 20 something year olds, take one look at our soldiers in Iraq.  Many of them are younger than I, but growing up far faster than I have.  Regarding growing up, someone on this thread sure needs to.  I'm going to stop posting on this thread and start a new one, thanks to the retardation that this one has spawned.

Even the 20 year olds in the Military are taught to use the proper tool for a proper job. I dont see them breaking out Dremels when theres a sure sign of danger on their firearms. You would be swallow enough to bring up current events , dancing around why you havent posted anything proving the operation. I already told you how and where to do so, you just havent provided anything yet. And buddy if you was paying attention. Id think twice before you touch a receiver thats not yours for a profit. Unless you have a FFL License. You wouldnt have such a retardation (made up word) if you'd just DO something right instead of half assing it throwing it together and trying to make a profit off of it. As soon as you heard that the High Cap Mags were delayed or a hoax. Here comes the Threads and reminders CLEARLY showing you trying to make a profit , NOT being legal about it, And showing how someone can half ass something to try and hope it works correctly. Just do yourself a favor , get licensed , use a better TOOL for the JOB! SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHES or jail time ! Thats where I was going this whole time with my posts. If you and your buddy werent so arrogant youd understand that. Guess not. I think Ive made my point here and Im done with your thread and especially you both, Because Im defiantely not dealing with the right individuals.

actually battlerifleG3 didnt jump in with this when he found out about the hoax/delay. His idea and prototype came out at the same time as daewoo's idea for the mags. the part of the reciever hes talking about modding isnt endangering any part/function of the firearm. that is why he wanted to avoid cutting the trunion.

also, if its pics of the adapter you really want, you should pay attention to the links that brg3 has at the beginning of this topic. he has one out on display and has had one for a since January.

Also, i was mistaken about this idea---battlerifleG3's project started nearly 1 year ago, and daewoo's venture started only 6 months ago. brg3 did not all of a sudden get the idea to do this when daewoo didnt come through

Man, are you really that dense??

NOWHERE has there been any mention of sending a gun to G3 for work. He is making and selling an accesssory that you install yourself! So where the hell are you getting this "sending your gun to a 20yd with a dremel" crap? There is nothing illegal about making and selling accessories!

I don't post here much, just lurk and read... but I've been following G3's adapter from the initial idea and it has been a long time in development. G3 has already posted pics of the prototype and honestly he doesn't owe anyone on here any pictures or video ect cause this isnt exactly a business he's running or trying to get rich from. He's a hobbiest trying to offer a solution to a demand if you care to try it.

Edited by Dieseler

nx468, Dude give it a rest! BRG3 has clearly stated what his design is , requires, etc. etc. etc........ If you don't want it , skip the topic. Many of us on the forum are or have been very interested by this. Personally, having done a saiga 12 & saiga .308 pg conversion I may end up trying my hand at this if I can't solve my hi cap problems by converting M14s or real hi caps get produced. I know the limits of my skills & recognize that BRG3s adapter would seriously test them. I am quite concerned that I screw the pooch & ruin a perfectly good rifle. If I did, that would be MY fault due to biting off more than i can chew.

NX468, you sound frighteningly like the liberals who when faced with the truth scream their lies more loudly. I don't touch anyone's receiver. If you say that I am one more time that sounds like slander to me.

I have a hard time remembering anything that caused me to lose so many brain cells. I'd ignore this whole thing entirely if the malicious accusations weren't explicitly regarding me.

I tried to speak reasonably to compare this to a field where you seem to have more experience.

Just how many Saigas have you converted of your own? How many AKs have you built?

I have converted FOUR Saigas, built an AMD, and am building a very novel type of AKM currently. Many members on this board have done the same and more. If that's not you I suggest you read up on how to do it because there's a heck of a lot of people who do.

I will be absent from the internet the next two days spending time with people who matter to me and trying to forget that NX468 exists. If NX jumps on this particular line to find fault, I really really pity him.

Now I'm going to shut up, being too late to disprove the old and true saying:

Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics; even if you win, you're still retarded.

I can't believe where this thread has headed.

People, if you want the G3 adaptor and are willing to do the required work, then order one. It's what's available, and it's all there is right now.

If you can think of ways to improve it by all means speak up.

If, however, you don't want one, don't like the way it looks/works, or don't think you can perform the needed work (or just dont want to), then simply DON'T GET ONE! What's the point in actually posting on this thread to complain about something you aren't planning on getting, when it's the only option that has actually materialized for doing what a lot of other people want to do?

There's no point insulting the only person who's actually come through with this type of product. There's no point complaining about it. Either get it or don't, but don't be spewing bile all over this thread, that's not what it was meant for.

I myself won't be getting one since it seems bulkier than what I'd like, and I don't want to make such major alterations to my rifles, but I appreciate other people might go for it. I'm not going to be criticizing BRG3 for not making the exact product I'd like, I just won't get one. Period. End of story. I do appreciate his hard work and dedication, and I'm sure others will be very grateful to him for making this.

Grow up people.

Edited by cvasqu03

Thanks Cvasqu. BTW, if bulk is an issue, you may be pleasantly surprised with what I turn out in this coming batch. You just might like what you see. ;)

Whatever the case, thanks for contributing sanity where it is much needed. Come to think of it, it'll be more like four days that I'll be internet deprived. Good riddance (temporarily)

To all that have a genuine interest in this adaptor,

I know that many of you are interested in seeing more of this adaptor and whether or not it really works and the skill level / effort involved. I have notified BRG3 that I am willing to take on the challenge and have asked him to fabricate one of his adaptors for me. I will be sending him nothing but a money order for the cost of the kit which includes one "slightly" modified HK G3 magazine. The modification of additional magazines (which I am lead to believe will still function in a CETME / HK 91 / G3) will be done by me. I have thouroughly read BRG3's posts on his developement of this adaptor and I would encourage anyone who is courious or would like to offer an opinion to do the same.

When I receive the adaptor from BRG3, I will be installing this accessory myself. I will take photos and post them (as well as my build notes) on this forum and my personal blog. I will use common hand tools (including a Dremel tool) that are available to hobbists as I have been assured that those will suffice in all work needing to be done. I will provide as unbiased and objective of an opinion of my efforts (warts and all) as I can and offer my impressions of how it performs.

I currently do not offer any endorsements of this accessory as I have not actually seen one (other than the pics posted earlier by BRG3 of his prototype). When all is said and done, I will offer my impressions.

Thanks to all who have had something constructive and informed to add to this thread.

I will keep you posted.

Keep your feet and knees together...

Macbeau.

I shouldnt even engage myself to this level... and I will explain that at the end...

BUT...

You really know how to make someone laugh. I asked for proof on that subject you havent shown any other then your world of mouth(your opinion). You are a moron plain and simple. I see you swinging in a jail cell for a long time. Contrubiting to this half ass work Im sure you have done most of your life. You asked for proof I showed this proof to you, you responding to my posts with inaccurate replys. IF you werent such the child you are. You would stand up like a man and know when your wrong. Iggnorance is 9 tenths of the Law, I guess you never heard that before. It clearly shows.

I wont pick that whole thing apart... The truth is clear to all...

I am willing to bet that 99% of the forum users that have read this post already have a pretty good understanding of which one the moron is, which one is being the child, and which one is suffering from a clear case of ignorance.

Let me repeat some words of wisdom from a post I wrote a while back for a similar thread....

"NEVER argue with an IDIOT... they will only DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, then whip you with experience!"

Honestly I am glad I am NOT a moderator... I would *douche* this whole post back to the fresh and clean one it deserves to be.

:smoke:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey BattleRifleG3 I've been folowing you're progress with the adapter since the begining (Yes, I have been lurking that long) I have a Saiga 308 on layaway and I am thinking about using you're mag adapter, but kind of wary. Could you mabee post detailed instructions so some people like me would know exactly what needs to be done. You probably already have one writen that you send to people with the adapter. From what I understand basicly all that needs to be done is some dremeling fron the side and saw that cross post in half and remove it. Sorry for being a PITA about this, I want to make the jump, but I am testing the water first.

Hey BattleRifleG3 I've been folowing you're progress with the adapter since the begining (Yes, I have been lurking that long) I have a Saiga 308 on layaway and I am thinking about using you're mag adapter, but kind of wary. Could you mabee post detailed instructions so some people like me would know exactly what needs to be done. You probably already have one writen that you send to people with the adapter. From what I understand basicly all that needs to be done is some dremeling fron the side and saw that cross post in half and remove it. Sorry for being a PITA about this, I want to make the jump, but I am testing the water first.

Crosshair,

I am one of the guys who has volunteered to take on this project. When I receive the BRG3 adaptor I requested, I will be posting pics and "build notes" of how it installs and performs. I am lead to believe that one must remove the mag latch (the mag latch housing gets to stay), open up the rear and sides of the mag well hole "significantly" and trim on the lower portion of the lower rail (the mag-stop side). This is in conjunction with removing the center support rivet. I also understand that there are NO modifications to the trunion and that the adaptor acts as a feed ramp, negating the need for a bullet guide.

(BRG3 - please correct me if I'm off on any of this.)

Again, I will post pics and notes here as well as my blog on this install. :zorro: