G3 mag adaptors - Last Call

Macbeau, I believe what you have stated correctly describes the work. I'll see about posting more descriptive pics when I can throw the graphics together, but at the moment I'm on the verge of a computer overhaul. This is one instance I'm sure you're all glad I don't use CNC machinery.

I do have some good news and bad news. The good news is that future mag adaptors, including those for existing requests, will look far better and have an improved feed-ramp. The bad news is that after meeting those orders, I expect that I'll have to raise the price for future orders, simply due to the hours of work involved. Believe it or not, the ROR is much higher on the wooden furniture I'm offering and developing.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

For those wonderful folks who have been patiently waiting amongst many distractions, here are a couple production pics of the Mark II G3 Magazine adaptor. Updated to provide better appearance and improved longevity and reliability by incorporating steel for bearing surfaces. Locking tab is now adjustable for tighter fit. These pics are of an item still in the works.

post-6-1127701483_thumb.jpg

post-6-1127701493_thumb.jpg

I shouldnt even engage myself to this level... and I will explain that at the end...

BUT...

You really know how to make someone laugh. I asked for proof on that subject you havent shown any other then your world of mouth(your opinion). You are a moron plain and simple. I see you swinging in a jail cell for a long time. Contrubiting to this half ass work Im sure you have done most of your life. You asked for proof I showed this proof to you, you responding to my posts with inaccurate replys. IF you werent such the child you are. You would stand up like a man and know when your wrong. Iggnorance is 9 tenths of the Law, I guess you never heard that before. It clearly shows.

I wont pick that whole thing apart... The truth is clear to all...

I am willing to bet that 99% of the forum users that have read this post already have a pretty good understanding of which one the moron is, which one is being the child, and which one is suffering from a clear case of ignorance.

Let me repeat some words of wisdom from a post I wrote a while back for a similar thread....

"NEVER argue with an IDIOT... they will only DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, then whip you with experience!"

Honestly I am glad I am NOT a moderator... I would *douche* this whole post back to the fresh and clean one it deserves to be.

:smoke:

Ditto!!!......... Holy S!@T, it's like arguing with Phil Donahue on the O'riley Factor ...

Hey shout out to BattleRifleG3... I'm glad you're thinking outside the box and at least offering an alternative.. You know what I mean??

Edited by prozoo
For those wonderful folks who have been patiently waiting amongst many distractions, here are a couple production pics of the Mark II G3 Magazine adaptor.  Updated to provide better appearance and improved longevity and reliability by incorporating steel for bearing surfaces.  Locking tab is now adjustable for tighter fit.  These pics are of an item still in the works.

Good job bro! :super: ... When you get a chance how about PM'n me or posting some pics with it all together so I can get an idea how it all goes together..

Alright, I'm back from school and have some time available to get some stuff done while finding work.  Throughout last summer, everyone was waiting with bated breath for my G3 magazine adaptors to be finished.  Got the prototype done near summer's end and made it work successfully, with limitations.

Throughout the year everyone was asking about them and quite a few said they wanted one right now, then I explained what modifications it required, and they all bailed, except for a few in cases where I had to tell them I'd get back to them.

Well this is it.  What you see is what I have (though any future versions will be a little bit smoother.)  ALL information is available on these threads.  If you have any further questions, please ask on THIS thread so that all can see the answers.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=1348

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=2858

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=1523

Price is $80 shipped (con-US) and includes ONE slightly modified G3 mag which will still work in a G3 (thus it complied with the old ban.)  This includes all components necessary.  A feed-ramp is integrated into the adaptor.

For those with slightly more creative ideas or who want to do more fitting themselves, I will offer unfinished mag adaptors, which will include the mag well and working mag catch and will accept a magazine (not included, modify to your own preferences) but on which you must still remove a bit of material to make it fit (either with a milling machine or a lot of work with a dremel.)  Unfinished mag adaptors will be $60 with no magazine (your project may require a different mod to the mag.

The end result will ultimately become YOUR rifle skillfully modified by YOU using my mag adaptor as a component.  As such I can offer no warranty, only a ten day return policy if the adaptor is unmodified, with refund minus shipping costs (can't just LEND them out, but I will refund as best I can.)  Obviously I cannot be responsible for anything that happens to your rifle.

Additionally, I can promise no timeframe or quantities to be produced, and will fill firm requests first come first served as long as I can.  What I will promise is that I will take NO ONE's money without their adaptor finished.

This is basically your last chance to show me that you guys really want these G3 magazine adaptors.  Thus far there's tons of talk of other prospects and no results.  The only other hi-cap options are a pretty funky conversion to an M4 mag, or a mod for Galil, M14, or G3 mags that require modification to the trunion.  My system involves modification to the receiver, but nothing to the trunion, which bears the stresses of the bolt lockup while the receiver bears only the recoil of the section ahead of it.

This is it guys, tell me if you want them or if you'd be happy for me to close this project up, make other accessories, and buy myself a FAL.

Alright, I'm back from school and have some time available to get some stuff done while finding work. Throughout last summer, everyone was waiting with bated breath for my G3 magazine adaptors to be finished. Got the prototype done near summer's end and made it work successfully, with limitations.

BattleRifleG3

I am interested in your G3 mag adaptor for the Saiga 308 rifle.

Are you still offering this adaptor?

Is it still $80 for the adaptor with a modified G3 Mag?

How long does it take to deliver?

What is your preferred method of payment and shipping?

Is there an easier way to contact you?

rdn1stlmo

$80 was for the Mark I. I will honor that price for standing orders, but there will be new pricing in effect for the Mark IIs. I am focusing on finishing current orders before taking any more work. In the future I expect to make batches at a time instead of making to order, due to the mixed experience I've had from that method.

A few good folks have been very patient and I want to make good for them before taking more work that could give the same mixed results as before.

This is the best way to keep posted on this product, and any notable developments will be posted on the open forum.

Thanks!

Yep, there are a few of us who have waited quite a while *looks at watch* for one of these *glances at calander*. Hopefully, soon, I'll be able to report on just how great and worth the wait it was. *Jeopardy theme music plays in background* (sigh). :rolleyes:

Many thanks to Macbeau who has been a great support and very patient through all this.

A wee bit of insight into how things have gone, there's the fact that some things take longer to make than others, and that the faster things to make at times end up chronologically first in order to better fund the longer term projects. Sometimes people look back and wish they'd done it the other way. Another is that this doesn't pay enough to do as a regular job. So getting a day job after finishing engineering school has been a priority. Finally we all have families, older or younger, that we care about. They bring their share of urgent needs.

Bad things have happened when folks doing business in gun stuff take money and take on work that they then can't finish in good time for these reasons. Reputations get slimed, buyers get burned, good products disappear. That is why I work the way I do, not taking money until a product is finished, so that I never have to rush at the expense of quality, never have to sit on a person's money, and never have to disregard the people who matter most to me.

Folks here matter to me too, so I do my best to be up front and honest with everyone and do the best work I can in whatever time it takes.

• 1 month later...
Why did this thread implode? Looks like a good idea. Also who the hell would ever want to use the factory mag again if you could use $3 20rd. G3 mags?

Kevin

Considering that you can't get factory 8 round mag's anymore, I don't see the downside.

I think everyone with a 308 is hoping that "if and when" a new distributor comes on line they will have stock mag's.

After doing some research and lots of emails, I don't have a lot of confidence that a distributor is really going to happen.

There is ton's of talk but nothing has happened as of now!!

I'm hoping that something happens, but am sure tired of my one stock 8 round mag!

If you can find them for sale, stock 8 rounder's are going for $60.00, if you can find them.

The new importer already exists and their web site is completely up and running; they have a list of distrinutors who should be recieving new shipments in a couple weeks.

www.raacfirearms.com

I tried them, nice website, zero inventory, and of course no mag's.

Like everyone else they say they will have them soon,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Still holding my breath!!

I've given up holding my breath on any of this stuff. Domestic hi-caps, a new importer, even BRG3's adapter have all been just out of reach for what seems like forever. I PMed BRG3 a month ago to order an adapter. He responded that things were going slowly due to uncertainty over future supply of Saigas. I hate to say it, because BRG3 certainly has my respect, but this looks to me like another dead end.

For me, the issue isn't just high capacity, it's being able to utilize a readily available cheap magazine, since Saiga 308 mags are neither. I guess I have to keep looking...

The word on this project is indeed that I'm waiting for new Saigas to come in. Fact is that more folks are afraid to permanently modify a rifle when it's not clear whether or not it's among the last of its kind.

False alarm. :blink: My Spidey sence was tingling and my internet ears were itching. For a minute there, I thought you were about to announce that you were ready to ship. :bag:

Just so you know, I have no reservations about modifying my EAA .308 Saiga. I have already done enough mods (cut tang for ACE stock, Vents in forearm, Factory rear sight removed w/ base welded and ground, Top cover w/ rear sight a'la Galil, AMD-65 brake) where it probably would'nt really be attractive to a "purist collector" of Saiga's. Should I ever sell it, it would be sold to someone who has similar tastes to my own. :blues:

*sigh* In the mean time, I suppose I will continue to wait furtively.

I agree with macbeau. Any qualms I had about mod'ing my rifle disappeared with the PG conversion. And if I ever do want to sell it, it'll be because it's wore slap out from the thousands of rounds I want to run through it! Seriously BRG3, how many commitments would it take to justify a production run?

Interesting variant:

att-436b91d0ad8140004.JPG

att-436b920dbec380005.JPG

That one looks very nice, but it looks as though the mags have been greatly modified. I know for sure that the mag notch is higher than the bottom of the receiver, requiring some mods there, and the angle of the mag would indicate that it has been greatly carved out at the front or some very dangerous amounts of material have been carved from the trunion (hopefully the former.)

Here's an idea... how about I take a week away from S-12.com and put all that time into working on stuff for the folks at S-12.com? If you guys were wondering if I still cared about this, I did just order even more mags from Tapco. I already have far far far more than I could ever use myself. ;)

Edited by BattleRifleG3

You know what? Here goes. I just took inventory of supplies. If I can get 4, count-em, Four firm commitments by Monday morning, I'll shelve everything else and aim to get these done by the New Year. I have the material, I have the technology. If this goal is made, I will include 2, count-em, Two modified mags with each adaptor kit.

Price will be $100 for each kit. This incorporates some necessary improvements over the MkI version that I priced at $80, which I'm honoring for the one who hath supported me amidst trolls and more.

So here's the challenge. You have the threads. You have pics. You have the answers. Give me FOUR commitments and I will do all four of them at once. These are very time and attention consuming, and are hard to do one at a time when furniture demands are through the roof. But if I know that FOUR people (in addition to MacBeau) will buy them by New Years, I will have them ready.

Remember, guys, these are individually machined and matched to a real Saiga-308.

Edited by BattleRifleG3