G3 mag adaptors - Last Call

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unmodified vs converted in what way?

If you mean the P-grip conversion, yes, they require the P-grip conversion, not only for mechanical purposes, but for US parts compliance. These are hi-cap foreign mags we're talking about, and you have to have your US parts count straight.

If you are not ready to do the P-grip conversion on account of confidence of skill, then the mag adaptor conversion is not for you. In fact, I would highly recommend doing the P-grip conversion as practice with the same kind of modification skills.

You CAN do it in a weekend. My first conversion I completely took my time with. Did it in an evening. My third conversion I decided to time. 2 hours with all the parts in hand. Everything you need to know is here on this website. Do the P-grip conversion, and if you feel you can go a step further, then you're ready to do my G3 mag adaptor conversion.

You've read the threads and are ready to buy one? That's what "the challenge" is about. This has been a long saga with many details to read about.

If you have in fact read up on the conversion threads and are ready to go, then this means we need ONLY ONE MORE to make the mag adaptor New Years Challenge!

Guest Excoach
You've read the threads and are ready to buy one? That's what "the challenge" is about. This has been a long saga with many details to read about.

If you have in fact read up on the conversion threads and are ready to go, then this means we need ONLY ONE MORE to make the mag adaptor New Years Challenge!

BRG3, you have mail. I may have the 4th guy we need to make this happen. I will talk to him tomorrow and have him post on this thread if he is interested.

The Challenge unfortunately was over at midnight tonight, if you'll read the above thread. What this means is that I can't promise the readiness date of New Years. The good news is that this interest does bring them closer to being produced, just not ahead of everything else at the moment.

MacBeau, who has been supportive and patient in his long standing request, has offered to do an objective writeup with some expert-to-expert advice confidentially. Since this challenge has fallen slightly short, I will possibly wait for his review before making a run.

There are many reasons for this, most of which are other projects competing for my time and resources, which are more limited now than ever.

Gandalf: All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

Edited by BattleRifleG3